MIB2 upgrade advice

CallumHoward

Reaction score
Hello all,

im looking at upgrading my Prefacelift a3(2014) and installing an MIB2 system so i have car play and much more, i simply don't have the 1200£+ most places are asking is there any problem with by pre owned one on ebay and installing them?

are they locked to that car ect

all help is appreciated

You dont need MIB2 to get apple or Android on your screen.
You can get those chinese boxes to install inside the dash, well behind the glove box.
They are about £200.00

ah okay thank you but lets say i wanted to do it full OEM and wanted proper stuff is it a viable to get a 2nd hand one from eBay and install it, what else would I need

ah okay thank you but lets say i wanted to do it full OEM and wanted proper stuff is it a viable to get a 2nd hand one from eBay and install it, what else would I need
£1200 would be the approx price of fitting and coding an MIB2 high system consisting of used parts. You would need any unit you sourced to be activated and coded to your vehicle.

£1200 would be the approx price of fitting and coding an MIB2 high system consisting of used parts. You would need any unit you sourced to be activated and coded to your vehicle.
Ah okie thank you, so I’m better off just buying a new one for 100 odd quid more

thanks for your help

Ah okie thank you, so I’m better off just buying a new one for 100 odd quid more

thanks for your help
A new Audi MIB2 high, just the glovebox unit, would be.....

8145DA59 5A89 4687 844F E638503B1387

A question about the parts needed for PFL conversion to MIB2 HIGH...
I've got everything except for the centre console MMI control...
Does anyone know if this is the correct part number (for non-keyless) with handwriting? 8V0919614BJ
I'm really struggling to find one.

A question about the parts needed for PFL conversion to MIB2 HIGH...
I've got everything except for the centre console MMI control...
Does anyone know if this is the correct part number (for non-keyless) with handwriting? 8V0919614BJ
I'm really struggling to find one.

The BJ unit does have touch input.

You'll also need to consider than the BJ console will illuminate white, and the rest of your dash is Red, so it looks pretty pony.

You can have the MMI panel converted to Red LED's though, which is something I offer.

You'll also need to consider than the BJ console will illuminate white, and the rest of your dash is Red, so it looks pretty pony.

You can have the MMI panel converted to Red LED's though, which is something I offer.
In another thread you mention that the BE unit doesn't have touch support, but the BJ does:

It is also a bit confusing (I think it can be clarified by looking at the part descriptions in ETKA), because I've seen multiple part numbers indicating that they're both MIB 2 units (although I'm not sure if they're high or low).
8V1035035
8V1035880

Both have models listed on ebay ending with letter B, C, D or E and have all the connectors on the back.

Last edited:
In another thread you mention that the BE unit doesn't have touch support, but the BJ does:

It is also a bit confusing (I think it can be clarified by looking at the part descriptions in ETKA), because I've seen multiple part numbers indicating that they're both MIB 2 units (although I'm not sure if they're high or low).
8V1035035
8V1035880

Both have models listed on ebay ending with letter B, C, D or E and have all the connectors on the back.
The BE unit doesn't have touch and as i said above, the BJ does.

Last edited:

Thanks for the info mate. Once I source one I'll get back to you. I'm SW London so doesn't look like i'm too far away.

Reactions: Dubjam
The BE unit doesn't have touch and as i said above, the BJ does.
Hi mate. Unable to private msg you, but i've now got a unit (BJ) and was seeing if youre able to do the LED conversion for me?
Thanks, Chris.