Mi11arsW.I.P

Lemme know how you get on with fitting it. I still haven't done mine, some 10 months after I bought it. It sits under my desk with the TDi centre section and I'm still waiting for a reducer to arrive, then it's definitely going on LOL.

its one of the easiest mods ive done, did it on the drive on axle stands, just make sure you soak the lambda and bolts otherwise they are a pig to get off

Reactions: JudderMan
I've been told if you fit them without a map you can encounter problems with fuelling and such, so I'm holding back fitting them until I've done a few other mods first and I'm ready for a custom map.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pubemammal
Thanks buddy, I'm looking towards more power, big brake conversion and the big decision Ko3s or Ko4!? Considering I'm keeping the Car for the foreseeable future I'm thinking of going for the Ko4 option since I've the time to collect the supporting mods etc

As far as cosmetic is concerned I have the S3 side skirts and S3 Rear Bumper already they are taking residence in my friends garage but since the S3 has the wider arches I'm not sure it will look right so may just clean the Car up and go for a re-spray, possibly include an S3 spoiler aswell.

The wheels will remain the same until I've focused more on power, I've promised myself new wheels after I brake the 230bhp point, Pourche Boxter alloys or BBS.

Opinions?

I was under the impression you can just bolt the k03s on and get it mapped. With the k04 I think theres alot of other things you have to get. Theres a really good thread on here somewhere that explains it all. Written by jardo

I was under the impression you can just bolt the k03s on and get it mapped. With the k04 I think theres alot of other things you have to get. Theres a really good thread on here somewhere that explains it all. Written by jardo

Yup your right, but with the Ko3s you still have limitations as regards to power, unless you go down the Hybrid route.

k03s is good tilla round 240ish as far as im aware, u can obviously go alot higher with k04 but its a lot more work such as new DP etc it really comes down to, will you be happy with 240bhp?

I think I'd be happy with 240, but having the option to push it further is always nice, how much extra work are we talking about?

iirc it will mean a new lot of injectors, maf, tip, down pipe, ex manifold, fual reg? (not sure), new piping for intercooler

not sure what else but im sure there is more.

my turbo is on the way out so looking into getting another k03s as it would be too much money, time and effort to go k04 and im happy with my hp as its a daily (need to get it dyno'd but think im around 230-240)

iirc it will mean a new lot of injectors, maf, tip, down pipe, ex manifold, fual reg? (not sure), new piping for intercooler

not sure what else but im sure there is more.

my turbo is on the way out so looking into getting another k03s as it would be too much money, time and effort to go k04 and im happy with my hp as its a daily (need to get it dyno'd but think im around 230-240)

Ko3s it is then, more parts means more parts to replace if anything goes wrong and it's also my daily, I do allot of miles in the Car due to work so I don't want to sacrifice reliability either.

Was yours originally a Ko3?

no i have a 2003 aum so was a k03s, tbh if i had a k03 i would have waited and saved to get all k04 parts but as you have already started go k03s will be good

Reactions: Mi11ar
Brake light switch failed so replaced that today

1382825 10151687545495108 964182858 n

943707 10151687545405108 1561765346 n

Ordered some service parts:

Castrol Magnatec 5W-30 C3 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil

Bought new Aero wiper blades because my last ones were done with, and the new ones look more modern :)
Also got the bosh 4 prong spark plugs and a few other bits and pieces

1450111 10151738760600108 315902614 n

1450921 10151738760415108 407290031 n

1455095 10151738759965108 217676681 n

Oil light came on and shortly after engine seized, I've narrowed it down to it being an Oil Pick Line problem think because I failed to change the oil early enough after doing almost 20kMiles since May the Car just gave in.

So I've ordered a newish engine with only 70k Miles (last had 120k) it comes with a Turbo and ECU (So I have spares) it's getting a cam belt change and full service before fitting.

Along with my FMIC, 3'' Down pipe and De-Cat, and then a remap, I'm still deciding on whether to end with a Ko3s or Ko4 not sure.

Bad luck, I would change the oil pick up on your new engine there only a few quid from the dealers, not a big job

Reactions: Mi11ar
Bad luck, I would change the oil pick up on your new engine there only a few quid from the dealers, not a big job

Yea definitely wanna avoid that happening ever again, apparently it's a common fault as it's a poor design

So as I said earlier my engine seized, since then I bought a newer engine 74k miles for a bargain price of £395, I then got it fully serviced including a new cam belt.

Along with:
FMIC
3'' de-cat and down pipe
New uprated clutch
And my new Kenwood head unit
I also sorted out my window tinting that wasn't looking to good and now is :)

Here are the pics anyway -

Old seized engine

De-cat compared to cat

FMIC

Engine

Finished

Next on the list is:

Ko4 upgrade inc supporting parts etc
Decent rims
Re-spray the roof and any areas showing signs of ageing
HID upgrade
Custom rolling road map

The sump that came with the new engine had a leak

So we got the sump from the old engine and cleaned it out to use on the new engine

http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Sir...5108_251882182_n_zps7cbc28f4.jpg.html?filters[user]=17028099&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=10

http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Sir...0108_657105403_n_zps0485501a.jpg.html?filters[user]=17028099&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=6

Changed the oil filter

I then done a rear wiper delete

I then fitted some clear Xeon bulbs to get rid of that old yellow ones

A sky view of the Car in the workshop

Car was back in the garage for the third time this week, this time it was miss firing, the computer showed up it was a cooling temp sensor so I bought one:

After fitting that I soon realised that the problem was still not resolved, so back to the drawing board, I changed all the leads and bought new BOSH Super sparks, that solved the problem happy days!! :D I'll post pics of the state of the old sparks they were destroyed I was told when I bought the new engine it had a recent server (apparently I was lied to)

Anyway got some new stickers for the rear:

An I removed the chrome wing mirrors:

After getting a new engine and spending loads of money on my Car, it sadly came of the road during 1 rainy night and done a fair amount of damage: Air bags deployed, cracked my sump, put a big hole in my gear box, crushed the power steering lines, bent my FMIC and loads more.

Everyone was telling me to scrap the Car and buy another along with loads more abuse, but this has only spared me on more to repair the Car, I've bought all new parts and upgraded the clutch to a solid state and flywheel.

Here are the pics I'll post more as the restoration continues :)

New gear box and sump ready to be fitted:

So in these most recent months the Car has had:

New engine
New gear box
New Clutch
Then replaced the new clutch for a solid state clutch
FMIC
Then replaced the FMIC because I bent the old one
3'' Down Pipe and De-cat
Cam-Belt and water pump
New power steering lines
New air bag unit
New power steering lines
Welding in places
New front bumper
Full service
XEON Lights
De-wiped rear

Plan to have a Ko4 conversion soon, and re-spray the roof of the Car :)

looked good that mate, shame about you giving it a bump, where abouts in the north west you from?

Cheers near Ormskirk, I'm in the forces and based else were though, it will all be sorted by Friday I'll post pics when its done :)

sorry to hear about your car millar, can i ask what you did with your old clutch? (the new one) and also i have k04 with working internals, only problem is the housing has cracked so if you can find uncracked housing going cheap you can have the internals at a cheap price. will be nice to see your car all back together and working again though

I've left it with the mechanic not sure what I'm doing with it tbh, an that's decent I actually know someone selling the housing all I need is the core :p

I'll post more pics when it's finished :)

A friend was selling some decent harnesses so I bought them from him, I do plan to eventually get some nice bucket seats and have them fabricated cream leather to go with the rest of the interior, but I'm actually happy with them at the moment.

1560373 10151860382555108 1738531801 n

Car was supposed to be sorted today but when we checked everything to make sure it was all ok, we discovered a leak in the radiator so it looks like tomorrow Dinner time that we will have it finished.

Bought some new Alloys I can't fit them yet though because I need the adaptors they're 5x115 and I think my A3 is 5x100

Going to get them refrub'd and sprayed either Audi White or Black