MFSW Retrofic (So Confused)

Matuh

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, i have a A3 SB 2006 With the 4 spoke Steering Wheel Without Multi fuction.
Someone said that only i need the MFSW and the Airbag harness and others said that i need to replace de steeering wheel module.

What is the true???

Chances are you won't need to replace the steering control module. A scan with VCDS would confirm though.

Also something to note, if you're going from a 4 spoke steering wheel to a 3 spoke, your old airbag won't fit then new wheel.

I Will Buy a 4 spoke, because if a change to 3 spoke a need too the slip ring.

How can i know scaning with VCDS?? it said the model of the Steering Control module??

And the airbag hadness it the same for the 4 spoke and the 3 spoke?? i found in ebay this: 8P0971589L and in ECS 8J0971589B.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Matuh, don't worry about checking with vcds, you do not need a new steering module or harness or slip ring! As you already have a DSG wheel, you already have everything in place. All you need is a new wheel and airbag if changing to a 3 spoke. Again if you want to go for a 3 spoke you already have all the right modules and harness in place.
It will however need coding once installed.
I am in London mate so can do the install if interested.

Cheers

My car dont have paddle shift, I dont chenge to 3 spoke, i ll buy a 4 spoke with MF.

You said that i dont need the new hadness? i take out the airbag and i ll found the cable for the paddle shift and the MF??

Ok so you don't have the paddle shift wheel, you should have made that clear. In that case, then you will need a new steering module, and a new airbag harness. Your current slip ring will be fine.

You may as well upgrade to the paddleshift wheel as you can get this to work to as you have the DSG gear box.

I need to change a lot of parts...

The module the new modulo is for the paddle shift only?? the MF will work with my actual module?? or i need to change it too?

You need to change the module if upgrading to a MFSW but that same new module will allow you to use the paddle shift too. The part number you need is 8P0953549F.

A ask to a friend that works in VW, and i give to him mi VIN and... my car have the correct module :)
A3

I very much doubt you have the correct module mate. VW/Audi will list the most upto date module for your car which does not mean you have that module.
Best thing is to get it scanned by someone close by to determine what module you have. If around North London, I will be happy to check this for you.
But for now mate, no point giving any more advice until we determine what module you actually have.
Being you have a basic non paddleshift wheel or MFSW, I can almost garuntee 99.9% you will not have the correct module.

Thanks you but i soooooo fur!, i'm in argentina!.

I will scan the car to make sure.

Thanks!

Argentina!! My grandfather and uncle live in Argentina, they come from Buenos Aires. Beautiful country!

Hi again!! Finaly i scan the car and the module is :1K0953549AH it is not that appears in EDKA :( its not work with this module.

Hi! Somebody have the part number of the Airbag harness for the MFSW??

The 3 spoke and the 4 spoke have the same hardness??

Because a will buy a module and the person for U$S20 sell to me the cable but it is of a 3 spoke and mi steering is 4 spoke.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Finally i bought the steering wheel and the module. I need if it posible to modify my steering wheel hardness, because i see and it is the same, it only have a conector with 3 pins.

Last edited:
Good thread!

I too am looking to upgrade soon.

Ive a 2006 v6 sport back Sline, with dsg paddles. Id like to upgrade to the flat bottom mfsw but unsure as to which one will work. I understand there are two types of airbag on those steering wheels?

Think Il do a scan to see what module I have as Id also like to fir cruise aswell.

Oh the joys..!

If you got Paddle Shift you have the correct module.

You need only a new steering Wheel (the same you have, 3 spoke o 4 spoke)

Good thread!

I too am looking to upgrade soon.

Ive a 2006 v6 sport back Sline, with dsg paddles. Id like to upgrade to the flat bottom mfsw but unsure as to which one will work. I understand there are two types of airbag on those steering wheels?

Think Il do a scan to see what module I have as Id also like to fir cruise aswell.

Oh the joys..!

I have a 2005 and a fbmfsw with paddles; it was a straight swap.

So my dsg wheels air bag can fit others? If so how do i know which?
How many different types of air bag is there?
I want to do the MFSW and DSG, plenty of steering wheels on ebay but no air bag with them.

Last edited:
Great!

So when you say straight for, you mean:

bolts on and plugs into module

Once plugged in it connects to rnse with no further mods or cables

just needs coded to work

Wasnt there two types of airbag with the flat bottom steering wheels?

Cool, thanks!

How do I know what is the "right one"?