Mfsw From A Q7 To Audi A3?

Omy193

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Wanting to change my steering wheel to a multi functional steering wheel.

I have a DSG Audi A3 so it has the paddle shifters.

This is my current steering wheel:

And a local breaker to me has an Audi Q7 MFSW for sale:

My question is: Will the airbag from my current steering wheel swap straight over?
And will the multi functions on the new steering wheel all work fine ect?
Ive done a little reading and seen many posts about if the current steering wheel has the DSG paddle shift the multi functions from a new once should work all fine, just want to clarify before i go ahead and buy!
thanks!

EDIT: The new steering wheel has paddle shifters as they are visible in the other pics, just the way this pic was taken looks like there isnt any lol

Last edited:
Just make sure what airbag fitment your current wheel supports
This

Or this

If you have paddles already then it should work fine once coded

Looks like a straight swap and VCDS?

(And fix your bulb!) :undwech:

Last edited:
as above straight swap but make sure you get the correct wheel for your bag theres 2 different fitments

then code up and off you go.

Thanks guys, I know what im after now, managed to get the airbag off a little and found out what fitting it is:

Just keeping an eye out for a MFSW with the nipples either side.

Looks like a straight swap and VCDS?

(And fix your bulb!) :undwech:
And haha, the bulbs are all sorted now! One was a reserve light bulb and the other was my front side light SMD that had started flickering after a week of installing and blew :D
Replaced with another now :D

Thanks again lads!

Hi guys. I'm sorry for using this thread but I have similar question. Will this wheel fit my 04 A3 (with single stage airbag). The mfsw below is from Audi A8 D3 and I think it is single stage airbag too? Thanks in advance lads!

80-s8_steeringwheel_f1fe456fe70d287c481e24f3813a1c1526452d85.jpg

@Omy193, the connectors will fit (may require slight bodging depending on the exact shape of the connector internally) but it's the depth of the airbag recess on the steering wheel that matters, the A3 and A4 airbags aren't compatible so you need a matching airbag for whichever wheel you actually get (I've got a B8 wheel and airbag) and it fits with slight modification to the connector and re-pinning without any airbag lights or fault codes

@AudiFan7, I'm not sure if the connector will match up with the D3 steering wheel, you'd have to look at the airbag connector and compare it to your existing connector.

HTH
Alex