Mfa calculating injector duty cycle

ADs3

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so I wanted to know what my IDC is at 6.7k & whether mfa can do this.

Did a search & came back with nothing. Asked on the fb groups hoping for a quick knowledgeable response.....got a nope & a yes but no more elaboration on the yes even after prompting lol

After looking on tut interwebs you can use vcds so it applies to mfa too.
Block group 002, rpm field 1 & injector on time field 3. Calculating duty cycle from rpm & injector on time.

Anyone used this to work out the IDC & how accurate is it?

Yep as above.
Do the logs and punch your values into the calculator above.

Reactions: ADs3
Same info I'd found on calculating idc just didn't have the handy calculator or any of the other info.

Interesting that manufacturers dont recommend that idc doesnt remain over 85-90% for to long, I'd of thought 85-90% would be within limits & acceptable?

Same info I'd found on calculating idc just didn't have the handy calculator or any of the other info.

Interesting that manufacturers dont recommend that idc doesnt remain over 85-90% for to long, I'd of thought 85-90% would be within limits & acceptable?
Not if an over boost event occurred... most tuners prefer to keep IDC below 80% for safety margins

<tuffty/>

depends on the context.... If you for example run out of injector duty cycle but target afr's are just being met, then it runs into wanting enrichment because of egt's, there is nothing left in the pipe to feed the motor extra fuel.

After doing the calcs my idc is well out of the comfort zone with the 550's! I'm definitely gonna have to get some bigger injectors.

I had looked at the 610's but then wondered about 1000's just incase things get serious at a later date & saves me having to upgrade again. What hp can the 610's run to safely?

610cc on 3bar will get into the low 400bhp region
make it 4bar and you can add ~15% to their delivery

610cc on 3bar will get into the low 400bhp region
make it 4bar and you can add ~15% to their delivery
Cheers Bill, 610's will be more than adequate for anything my k04 hybrid can throw at them but if I do decided to go bt at a later date I'll need to be replacing them at a cost again.

I know 1000's are over kill atm but can they be scaled in to run nice enough for a k04 hybrid

In the grand scheme of things a few hundred for injectors when doing a bt build isnt much but If it saves me having to buy them at a later date then that's a plus for me

Cheers Bill, 610's will be more than adequate for anything my k04 hybrid can throw at them but if I do decided to go bt at a later date I'll need to be replacing them at a cost again.

I know 1000's are over kill atm but can they be scaled in to run nice enough for a k04 hybrid

In the grand scheme of things a few hundred for injectors when doing a bt build isnt much but If it saves me having to buy them at a later date then that's a plus for me
probably but I've not used them on me7.5, use them a lot on ignitron ecu, but its a better ecu for tuning past stock power levels anyhow. (proper mafless plus all its extra features you cannot do in me7.5)