Meteor Grey S3

Great results.

Be very interesting to see what you think of the new manifold and clutch packs.

The manifold did make a small difference to mine but also caused the inevitable cold running issues by virtue of the run flap delete which your map will no doubt get around.

As APR couldn't offer anything to help me I just put up with that until the Syvecs came along and Storm have sorted it.

Good luck!!

Reactions: DeckedS3
Be very interesting to see what you think of the new manifold and clutch packs.

The manifold did make a small difference to mine but also caused the inevitable cold running issues by virtue of the run flap delete which your map will no doubt get around.

As APR couldn't offer anything to help me I just put up with that until the Syvecs came along and Storm have sorted it.

The guys i've been speaking to seem to believe the manifold helps the APR kit breath. Not huge gains, but at the end of the day it's all down to flow. I've got the RFD kit already so I shouldn't have any problems with the HPA manifold.
I'm tempted to try the large throttle body.... I think its a 70mm one. Would open the whole system up as I have the large MAF already. What TB are you running?
If I'm going to break the 500 mark I'll probably have to shoot some water/meth in there but I doubt I'll bother.

I think you're brave going down the custom ECU route :)

The guys i've been speaking to seem to believe the manifold helps the APR kit breath. Not huge gains, but at the end of the day it's all down to flow. I've got the RFD kit already so I shouldn't have any problems with the HPA manifold.
I'm tempted to try the large throttle body.... I think its a 70mm one. Would open the whole system up as I have the large MAF already. What TB are you running?
If I'm going to break the 500 mark I'll probably have to shoot some water/meth in there but I doubt I'll bother.

I think you're brave going down the custom ECU route :)

The RFD works perfectly with APR's RFD specific map,but of course will give wonky cold running with anyone else's map,but the Syvecs has already taken care of that.

I'm not sure about throttle bodies right now...I still have the stock one,and I think what we'll do is put the car on the dyno with both that,and the stock MAF housing in place,and see what the results are.
If there's any problems,or reason to remove and upsize either,that's very easy to do with this ECU,and you have to take into account the diameter of all the piping prior to the TB,as there's no point having a 100mm TB if the piping before tops out at 80mm for instance.

If you're running the GTX2867,I would say that 500bhp is pretty much the ragged edge in terms of compressor map,but WMI will make a difference from around 400bhp up,and is very noticeable on mine.

Obviously,if you change the TB housing,you may be looking at some flow calibration work.

Last edited:
Thats taking the **** how quick that is :O

I think i saw the fuel gauge go down :O ;) Great job though :applaus:

Last edited:
I'm still surprised how good it looks sometimes.
17016144509_5811514002_b.jpg

17201706451_003a719fd6_b.jpg

17176349496_369a0fdabe_b.jpg

17014547188_214153f7af_b.jpg

17016142639_52eab8409e_b.jpg

Reactions: Essflee, Raiden, Compkiler and 3 others
That it does.

Lovely car.

Reactions: samuelh_888 and DeckedS3
The last shot really makes me wish i had a sunroof :(

Looks damn perfect! What BBS rims are those? CH 19"?

Seems damn fast mate! Lovely looking car too.

A selection of pulls in 2nd and 3rd gear on the way back from Holland via Germany.
Just shows what TVS can do with their DSG files. 100% pure pull with stock DSG clutches.

Reactions: Hookmonster, Compkiler, S3Alex and 2 others
I collected the car last week from AMD with the lpfp installed and the stage 3+ map. I doesn't feel that different, it's just given the engine a bit more punch across the rev range. The biggest change are the gear changes, they feel and sound slightly different. It's like the rev counter can't keep up. From what I can feel, it's not slipping and 0-60 times have improved. We're down to 3.4 seconds now..... I short shifted 1st here but you get the idea.

HPA Intake manifold and Dodson clutch packs to go on next month.

Incredible mate :).

How much does the S-Tronic conversion cost in round numbers? £3k?

That looks very smooth and quick,with very little rpm drop between changes.

I'm pretty convinced now that I'll go down the same route of getting a DSG box in mine,as with a manual,it does drop around 1000rpm between changes,unless I'm pretty brutal with it,and I don't really like doing that with the sort of torque we've got now.

The issues then I guess are going to be how the DSG integrates with the Syvecs ECU,although Storm have told me it can allow a lot of control over shift speeds etc.

Next project.....

Forgotten again.....which box did you use,as I'd been advised that the DQ500 would be the best choice to use with my setup.

Reactions: Allman45
It's a Podi gauge, I think it does other colours too (if anyone needed a red dial).
The car pulls great, on WOT and downshift gear changes are super smooth, so much smoother than the other maps I've tried. All changes are crisp and solid with no slur, I get the DSG brrrrp every change. I killed clutch 1,3 & 5 on the old software, so I need a new clutch pack but for now it's holding fine. TVS told me they'd be surprised if they lasted much longer but they seem fine for now. Considering how much it was slipping before on WOT i'm super happy with the results.
I went for a DQ250 simply down to simplicity and tuning potential. Lots of maps and knowledge out there and I wasn't going to exceed the boxes limits. It's not cheap but I'm impressed with the results. I got a deal on a new gearbox and wired it up myself following OEM cable matrix diagrams.

Reactions: Mario8P, shadow1993 and RedDejavu
It's a Podi gauge, I think it does other colours too (if anyone needed a red dial).
The car pulls great, on WOT and downshift gear changes are super smooth, so much smoother than the other maps I've tried. All changes are crisp and solid with no slur, I get the DSG brrrrp every change. I killed clutch 1,3 & 5 on the old software, so I need a new clutch pack but for now it's holding fine. TVS told me they'd be surprised if they lasted much longer but they seem fine for now. Considering how much it was slipping before on WOT i'm super happy with the results.
I went for a DQ250 simply down to simplicity and tuning potential. Lots of maps and knowledge out there and I wasn't going to exceed the boxes limits. It's not cheap but I'm impressed with the results. I got a deal on a new gearbox and wired it up myself following OEM cable matrix diagrams.

Thanks...very helpful in all repsects.

I would likely end up going with Storm's advice,not least for the fact that they've done this before,with that 'box and ECU,so it would make the most sense for me,running a non-standard ECU,and considering it's ability to interface with the DSG via CAN-BUS it should be the best overall.

As I'm sure you know, it won't all be about the Syvecs ECU, that should be fairly straight forward. The problem will be the DSG gearbox mapping. That will be the pig as the 2 will need to work in harmony. I don't think many tuners out there truely understand how they work. Adding launch control, making shifts faster, increasing rpms etc is fairly easy but keeping the DSG chariteristics is the hard part. Trust me, Ive learnt the hard and expensive way.

Reactions: S3Alex
I know,and I really appreciate you putting all of your knowledge and experience out here for others to use.

Syvecs are developing the ECU for use with the DSG so there's definitely something going on there.
I won't be ready for this for a bit yet so I've got some time to see what comes of it.

I think you'd be impressed with how capable the dsg is. I was starting to find with the heavier clutch and big power was hindering the enjoyment and the car was becoming less of a day driver.
The other part you need to consider is the type of map for any upgraded clutch packs, this needs to be addressed too as the gearbox and engine need to know about the new charicteristis of the material used. It's a complicated beast.

This is true.
I've found the learning for me on the new ECU and what it can do has been very complex.

I've just found that it can run anything up to a Corvette throttle body and another pile of things I never thought of.

I'm really scratching the surface of what it can do.
Storm obviously are way ahead as they did the beta testing but mine is the biggest turbo S3 etc they've had so it's all learning.
I don't mind the Spec clutch as it's quite light and usable but the rpm drop between changes is one thing and the gearbox loads are another with 540lbs to deal with.

Wow , just read the thread through , apart from being a very cool colour, the car is awesome , wasn't going to modify mine , thought I had enough of that. , but yours is tempting me !,

This is one of the nicest s3's on the forum! That color is amazing and Ive often looked at your sic pic and thought nice car!

I wouldn't wish this upon anybody.... I've nearly fitted the HPA inlet manifold. What a feker to fit!!!!
17387594158_c75b8556d3_b.jpg

Reactions: S3Alex, Mario8P and s3_trev
I can appreciate that.....it looks nice when it's fitted though.

I think Steve at AMD thoroughly loved every minute of fitting the Boulekos to mine,and you must have felt every nut,bolt and pipe as well.

What a change from the days when even I could do a job like that with an adjustable spanner....

It's been a while so I thought it's about time for a small update.
I think the car may of had a small boost leak, not really noticeable on the power side, but I could hear a small squeak when I took my foot off the gas. I couldn't find where it was coming from and it wasn't the DV so before something went pop I thought it was about time for a small overhaul after another year of hard driving.
The engine is being stripped down, having overbore pistons and rods fitted and a general clean up & check how everything's going on in there, along with a set of race DSG clutches. While it's there the ECU and TCU are being treated with true custom files to unleash it's true potential.

I'll let you know how I get on :whistle2:

Reactions: HHS3, S3Alex and S.
Great whip there! HPA is glad you are back! I like that manifold. I agree it's tricky to get the ECU and TCU married peacefully.

Good to see you back.

I've been around, but this year has been a busy one for me!
I was working in South Africa for the first 4 months, then my wife had a baby in May (planned :)). We subsequently decided to sell our house and buy something a bit bigger somewhere else. We get the keys next Friday :) But since the little man was born everything's been a blur.

Anyway, the car... They found wear on a couple of the bearing caps so they're being replaced, I guess you've got to expect that when you're running this sort of power.
31085176450_641da4d267_k.jpg

Engine stripped down with upgraded valve springs installed;
31340332101_2f8fb4531b_k.jpg

The engine is on it's way back together with rods & oversized pistons....

Reactions: HHS3, S., nil538 and 1 other person
Congratulations

Makes for a busy year.

Good luck with the house

Good stuff Decked, yours is looking as good as ever. Who's doing the engine build for you? been wondering what to do with mine it's got 104k on it now. Been thinking about swapping it for an RS4/6 or building the engine/stage 3+/syvecs ecu. Still goes like stink though

What power increase did you get when you went stage 3+?

Good stuff Decked, yours is looking as good as ever. Who's doing the engine build for you? been wondering what to do with mine it's got 104k on it now. Been thinking about swapping it for an RS4/6 or building the engine/stage 3+/syvecs ecu. Still goes like stink though

What power increase did you get when you went stage 3+?

Good to see a few of us old hands still around here....

Race Developments have a fully built 2015 RS6 engine for sale......just saying.....Xmas etc...

Nice, the missus was asking what I wanted for Christmas... I know what I'd get if I suggested that though!

TVS are doing all the work, As you know I've been super impressed with their build and software capabilities. I'll hopefully get the S3 back early next year. But when it comes back, the 8V is getting some engine and gearbox tweaks by them too.
31340332151_bdd7aa98d1_k.jpg

Reactions: crazylegscrane and S3Alex
I've been around, but this year has been a busy one for me!
I was working in South Africa for the first 4 months, then my wife had a baby in May (planned :)). We subsequently decided to sell our house and buy something a bit bigger somewhere else. We get the keys next Friday :) But since the little man was born everything's been a blur.

Anyway, the car... They found wear on a couple of the bearing caps so they're being replaced, I guess you've got to expect that when you're running this sort of power.
31085176450_641da4d267_k.jpg

Engine stripped down with upgraded valve springs installed;
31340332101_2f8fb4531b_k.jpg

The engine is on it's way back together with rods & oversized pistons....

Wish the head on mine looked like that right now.....

Getting there.... needs fitting along with clutch & gearbox, followed by software.
IMG 0604
IMG 0605

Reactions: crazylegscrane, S., HHS3 and 2 others