Metallic rattle

Lewisdry28

Reaction score
Hi guys, hoping you can help.
I have Audi A4 b9 2018 sline and there’s a loud metallic rattle coming from the steering wheel column down to pedal panel Took it to Audi server all times but can never fix. Any suggestions what it could be?

Could you possibly give us more information as to when the rattling is happening, is it over bumps, or when turning the steering wheel etc?

C619AEDD E0A0 4ACA B87F 5547367D0B2F
Feels like it’s coming from area between steering wheel and pedals. It’s a metal rattle on rough roads that seems to be the only factor. Nothing with turning / braking etc. Wish I could put a video on here!

Could you possibly give us more information as to when the rattling is happening, is it over bumps, or when turning the steering wheel etc?
Feels like it’s coming from area between steering wheel and pedals. It’s a metal rattle on rough roads that seems to be the only factor. Nothing with turning / braking etc. Wish I could put a video on here!

Attachments

• ACC5BB7D-5C49-46C8-AE9E-46708B0B953E.jpeg
    ACC5BB7D-5C49-46C8-AE9E-46708B0B953E.jpeg
    193.7 KB · Views: 163
Just make a short video and attach it to your post...
Hi guys, hoping you can help.
I have Audi A4 b9 2018 sline and there’s a loud metallic rattle coming from the steering wheel column down to pedal panel Took it to Audi server all times but can never fix. Any suggestions what it could be?
Just make a short video and attach it to your post...
I’ve tried , but it’s only letting me Select photos ?

Did you manage to get this resolved? The sound is *exactly*( the same as an issue I had - although in completely different location:

It is ultimately 'plastic on plastic' resonating on certain road surfaces - once you have identified / accessed the source, the fix is as simple as a sticky foam pad / felt tape but finding it can be an absolute nightmare. Have you tried pressing gently on the panels around the area when the noise is present, sometimes this can make the noise disappear and can help pinpoint the location?

Reactions: Lewisdry28
Did you manage to get this resolved? The sound is *exactly*( the same as an issue I had - although in completely different location:

It is ultimately 'plastic on plastic' resonating on certain road surfaces - once you have identified / accessed the source, the fix is as simple as a sticky foam pad / felt tape but finding it can be an absolute nightmare. Have you tried pressing gently on the panels around the area when the noise is present, sometimes this can make the noise disappear and can help pinpoint the location?
Hi mate,
Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately no luck yet , booked back in at Audi next week.

I’ve tried everything but it’s impossible for me to pin point the exact location. Certainly sounds like it’s coming from steering wheel down to foot pedal area

Hello

A few years ago I had my car in at the dealers for a notchy feeling clutch pedal, when I got the car back it had a similar noise from the same kind of area....

I realised there was a torx screw near my feet they hadn't tightened properly! Quick tighten myself and everything was fine again!

Although are you sure it's not coming from the back? It sounds like the infamous back window tapping that plagues b9s! And mine, til I snapped the tabs off as per instructions on here

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I had a gearstick on my old 2017 A4 make a rattle like this. Took a while to try to work out where it was from.

Audi replaced the gearstick if I recall correctly.

Any further update on this? Took delivery of my new to me 18 S4 and have this noise. Sounds like it’s coming from behind the dash / cluster somewhere - however noise can be misleading.