Metallic high pitched squeak 2.0 TDI 140

Rideen

Reaction score
So I have been having this issue since I replaced half of the engine and I cannot get to the bottom of it.

The car produces very metallic high pitched squeal under certain load and usually around 2k rpm. If I press the throttle harder or release it, the sound goes away.

When going downhill at a very certain rpm it can be heard as well and goes away when I press the clutch pedal.

As said, it doesn't sound like a turbo, it is very metallic sound. I have a video clip, the whine starts at 00:03 and lasts until 00:14 and gets horrible at 00:18 again.

Any thoughts?

got something like you (around 1,7k rmp), seem to be the slave cylinder plate not being pushed enough to pressure plate by spring and just rumbling on certain rpm. on mine was actually upper bolt holding inlet pipe.

got something like you (around 1,7k rmp), seem to be the slave cylinder plate not being pushed enough to pressure plate by spring and just rumbling on certain rpm. on mine was actually upper bolt holding inlet pipe.

Many thanks, will check both of those!

Reactions: Marek196c
I have the car booked for tomorrow. Had 3 mechanics inspect it and they cannot decide if it is one of the belt tensioners or some kind of a butterfly flap on or near the turbo (?) as they said black smoke can be seen from the engine bay when reving the car.

On a side note they also found out one of the engine mounts is broken while others are BENT. Woah.

LoooL, on bkd you don't got any flaps, only vnt, from hot side can be, EGR (or blanking plate if used), manifold gasket, flexi on down pipe, turbo bolts (but highly not probable) between cartridge and hot side, you can also check inlet manifold gasket as sometimes leaky (mine was), non properly connected exhaust. Maybe something else but don't thing so, anyway black smoke probably is caused by over fuelling due to remap, also mine original was putting some smoke sometimes so..

Apparently my DMF has gone bonkers although I replaced it last year.

They say the DMF is guilty of destroying engine mounts as well. It was a very expensive LUK DMF + clutch, I am taking it off and will ask for money back or a replacement as it should be under guarantee.

/\
¦ do it!!! If they will be like: "yes, but we need to do some examination" etc.. be a bit rude and tell them facts: being mounted properly by mechanic (I assume) worked but gone too early, it s fault of production, and just take conversion to SMF (specially if you remap your car)