Metal Work

Markey

Reaction score
I need to get 1mm skimmed of the face of some brake disks, anyone know a good place in kent?

Thanks

any decent engineer could do that and balance them.
1mm of one side may be a tricky one for caliper centering.
warped or lipped?

I need 1 mm off each side of each disk so they fit into the calipers i have bought ill make some calls and see what happens.

yeh any decent engineer will be able to sort that!

Isnt there enough room in the caliper to squeeze the disks in?

No its tight on the back side of the caliper and i want to leave a little room for possible expansion. the cupra r disks are 30 and these 32, i think its that way round anyway the S4s are 2mm thicker. I just want to shave them down and the its a bolt on fit which im very please about.

S4 are 30mm afaik, so i presume the cupra disks are 28mm. I vaguely recall looking this stuff up for you before and getting those numbers.

Need to take some pics of the installation and let us see how it looks!

Yeah its thanks to you that i got the right ones, that sounds right what ever the cupra ones were the S4s were 2mm thicker :)

I have been taking some pics already im trying to find a setup that will work on the rear as i want to do fronts and rears at the same time.

is it a FWD?

I've got some ideas with that.

Certain model A6's use a seperate stub axle and disk on their FWD models. I think, that with a bit of part catalog crunching and some perceveriance, it should be possible to put together a setup using those hubs and some other bits.

The first issue is going to be finding a hub that will physically bolt to the axle beam itself. Then with that inplace you'll need to find a disk that will give you the correct offset etc.

If we're really lucky, it might just be a case of bolting the stubaxle on, and throwing an S4 disk over it and a set of S4 rear calipers and jobs a goodun.