Help Please Metal sounding clunk over speed bumps

Slowroger

A4 S-line Black Edition Quattro
Reaction score
Hi all,

I live in an area plagued with traffic calming speed bumps so it's noticeable - On going over them, there is a metal sounding clunk coming from the rear left (From what I can tell at least). It doesn't do it when driving on normal road. It's 100% outside the vehicle and not an internal sound.

I took it to a garage and they put it on one of those suspension rocky road things and on close observation and checking of parts, found no issues at all.

Here's a video, you can hear it at within the first 3 seconds, the video makes it sound like a clicking noise.

Any suggestions are hugely appreciated, cheers.

2011 A4 B8 quattro.

Update to this, I had a look and behind the rear left wheel I found this thing hanging - Now to find out what it is..

Attachments

• IMG_20190820_170405.jpg
    IMG_20190820_170405.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20190820_170505.jpg
    IMG_20190820_170505.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 129
Update to this, I had a look and behind the rear left wheel I found this thing hanging - Now to find out what it is..
That looks like the headlight leveling sensor arm. Moves with the suspension so the car knows where to level the headlights.

Legend, cheers mate.
Possibly this that's clanging against the black bar at the bottom. My terminology, deffo not a mechanic lol.
Best get it fixed before my MOT this weekend.

Reactions: MerlinTwist
Update - I've replaced the level sensor and that pesky clang is still there! Investigation continues..
I do however need my headlights adjusted now I have a working level sensor.