Metal pressed plates from Ebay - recommendations?

munchkincoupe

Reaction score
Has anyone bought metal pressed plates from ebay and been happy with the quality? if so can you let me know which supplier you used please?

Thanks

I got some and they were terrible compared to the ones elitecarcare do! Mine aren't even pressed, they're pretty rubbish.
They were these ones Pressed Metal GB number plates 100% ROAD LEGAL | eBay

I would say avoid them and get the ones from elitecarcare which are about £40 but look the nuts, plenty of people over on DetailingWorld have them!

I got some from the vendor mentioned above. A few months after fitting i got stopped by the police saying the font wasn't correct etc, even though it was stamped with the BSAU145d mark (British Standard). They have been replaced with standard plates now, which after having metal pressed ones on the car i think look more a lot clean and smart.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies - I don't really want to send away personal documents though hence not using dubmeister and craigsplates

Thanks Sheik as I was going to order from that seller. I've just been on elitecarcare's site but can't seem to find the plates section?

Found it on detailing world - they want docs too - will probably go to Dubs then as they are the cheapest

i got my plates from that seller on ebay and i am impressed!
they make my car look lots better than before and when ordering off this seller you dont have to send docs off!
i was concerned weather these were legal, so phoned the seller and he explained these were legal and only had one issue regarding the police with a customer! and he assured me that if any problems do arrise, he would send me the relevant VOSA papers to prove there legal!
i will get some pics up in a minute of mine!

Thanks for the replies - I don't really want to send away personal documents though hence not using dubmeister and craigsplates

Thanks Sheik as I was going to order from that seller. I've just been on elitecarcare's site but can't seem to find the plates section?

Can you not use the showplates option but just put your reg in as you would normally? - saves sending docs :)
The hubs didn't have any issues at all with his docs - but I know I'm not particularly keen so I get where your coming from there.

here are a couple!

]
2012-02-12-001.jpg
]

and a dirty rear!

[]
10022012151.jpg

i think there ok!

I haven't been pulled by the cops for the plates, however my MOT tester told me the fronts are illegal. That being said they're not bad, however having seen some other plates the quality leaves a lol to desire. As far as Im aware the cheaper plates are made using cut outs of reflective metal whereas the more expensive ones are one piece. I had this with my first set of plates where the reflective part was peeling away from the rest of the plate.

Just my opinion but if i could go back i would put in the extra effort....

As far as Im aware the cheaper plates are made using cut outs of reflective metal whereas the more expensive ones are one piece.

well mine are certainly one piece, and to me seem pretty well built!, no peeling away or anything!
at the end of the day there just aluminium number plates that are stamped! and thats exactly what they are!

i would go dubmeister their plates are spot on and road legal they look really clean and clear

Four MOT stations in total told me that they were illegal, with Kwik Fit being the only one that said that are legal but then another tester from the same garage came out and argued the fact that they were not acceptable in his eyes also. I think i'm the buyer the eBay Seller maybe talking about as he did send me some documents that he had written himself and a print out from the DVLA website, not too sure the word docs will be enough to prove i bought these with good intent and prove they are fully compliant to uk law when the matter eventually goes to court.

Hopefully the matter will be dismissed as the Seller assured me that they are UK Legal so i am giving the benefit of the doubt until the matter gets seen to. Can't knock the seller for the help he's tried to give me after i contacted him about the incident with the police though.

Dubmeister would the be the only one to go for in my opinion as i've heard nothing but good reviews about their plates. :icon_thumright: