Message on start up

Towns

Reaction score
Hi I have a be 140 tip tronic sport back and on start up the display between the clocks reads "press brake select park before starting" ( something like that) is there any way of changing it too something like" good morning, have a nice day"

I doubt it, may be wrong though. I have a manual 140 and i get a 'press clutch before starting'.
Think its a safety feature to make drivers aware that car will jolt forward if its still in gear, thats for manual anyways.

It's telling you that you have to press the brake before you can take it out of park and select a gear. Doubt you can change it!

Lol "good morning, have a nice day" why would you want that? It would be the say message every time you start up, even at night.

Lol ok maybe not good morning but u get the idea I just don't like to be told what to do every time I start my car.

It must just be a string of text some where in the software the question is can anyone find it using the coding tool.

What about " Welcome to your Audi A3"

The other thing would be, do as it says before it prompts you. That way you won't get the annoying message.