Merry Christmas to me - 3 panels & a wheel damaged

Spiedhermonkey

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So this was my early Christmas present from the lady who reversed out of her space & into the side of my car today. Thanks a bunch!

Upload 2018 12 24 15 42 29

I take it you got all her details, so are able to claim on here insurance.

Yes, got her details, photos of both cars and a witnesses telephone number. No CCTV covering that part of the car park unfortunately. Her & her passenger obviously tried to blame me, saying “did you not see me coming out?” like it’s my job to watch out for cars pulling out & avoid them lol.

Reactions: NevMan
Yes, got her details, photos of both cars and a witnesses telephone number. No CCTV covering that part of the car park unfortunately. Her & her passenger obviously tried to blame me, saying “did you not see me coming out?” like it’s my job to watch out for cars pulling out & avoid them lol.

Nightmare mate. Cheeky so and so!
How you get it all sorted

Reactions: Spiedhermonkey
Cheers mate, appreciate it. Will update the thread as the claim goes through.

It was a 67 plate TT that hit me, so not a good day for Audi drivers.

What a twonk!! Gutted for you mate :(

My car has been hit 3 times in the last 12 months; it amazes me how many people can’t spot a 5 metre long car!!!!!

3 times?!?! That’s just insane.

Hopefully things will happen in threes for you & you’ve had all your bad luck.

Maybe the Black Edition is too ‘stealth’ for its own good.

Reactions: Rhyso, RS4B5 and NevMan
Yup. Twice my car was stationary in car parks!

First a woman reversed into the front grille whilst I was in work
2nd a Corsa hit me as he pulled out of a side junction.....
3rd time i was sat in the car as an old biddy in a C1 came the wrong way around the car park and drove into me

Really hoping for a better 2019 lol

Yup. Twice my car was stationary in car parks!

First a woman reversed into the front grille whilst I was in work
2nd a Corsa hit me as he pulled out of a side junction.....
3rd time i was sat in the car as an old biddy in a C1 came the wrong way around the car park and drove into me

Really hoping for a better 2019 lol

Blimey, it’s like a conspiracy. Every possible way to be hit in a car park right there. Let’s face it, in terms of car luck, it couldn’t be any worse than 2018.

Reactions: Rhyso
Lucky you weren't in this car park. Not entirely sure whats going on, looks like a bit of car park rage.

I just watched that on Facebook this evening - mental!! I can’t believe he did so much damage & just drove away. Good job they got him on film. Maybe he had the last flat screen tv in the Black Friday sale.

Reactions: NevMan
Apparently it was a hire car in the video.

Gutted about your A6, hope you get sorted ASAP.

Happen to me about a couple of months ago, woman reversed off her drive into the side of me and got out of the car saying shouting its your fault i did not see you!!
lucky she was in a mini end result one new passenenger door, she did admit liability by text an hour later.
Only go the car back last week as the garage were busy.
Dashcam in the january sales for me!!

You’re lucky she admitted liability. Not sure many would do that & I have a feeling I’ll have to argue for the decision . Dash cam is a good call - I have one somewhere, so will have to dig it out.

Noticed some slight scraping on the rear n/s quarter panel too, so it’s actually 4 panels and a wheel. It’s going into a garage that Audi use locally for repair on the 2nd January. Will be getting a like-for-like (we’ll see) replacement from Europcar while mine’s being repaired.

Mate, I have just seen this thread and I'm honestly crying inside for ya. this is my worst nightmare.
I sincerely hope you get this sorted and to a very high standard.
Don't accept anything your not happy with, and make sure you get a nice courtesy car whilst your baby is in for repair.

Good luck mate, keep us updated

Cheers mate.

We dropped it off this morning and it should take a couple of weeks they reckon. Got an 18 plate Merc E Class as a loaner while mine’s in the shop.

I’ll be giving it as thorough a look over as I can when Inpick it up again. Checking panel gaps, pearlescent paint is consistent etc.

Just hope the insurance company does the right thing and insists on her side being 100% responsible.

Reactions: Rhyso and Buxton2901
Got some developments to update the thread with - all good news too. The other party admitted liability yesterday, so that should help speed matters along.

The body shop also called this morning and said that it will be getting a new wheel, new wing and new front passenger door. The rear door and rear n/s quarter panel will be repaired. Should get it back in 2 and a half to 3 weeks.

Reactions: DaveW, Rhyso and Buxton2901
Sounds positive mate. Hope all goes well

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It occurred to me this morning that I should have said to the garage that’s repairing my car, that I want to keep the damaged alloy wheel they’re replacing. It’s only got some scratches and a moderate gouge, just cosmetic I think.

If I had it repaired, I could either keep it as a spare or sell it as “used refurbished”.

Would you think there would be an issue asking for that, when it’s being replaced under insurance?

Reactions: Buxton2901
Nope I would deafo be asking for it.
Always good to have a spare.

Thanks mate. Just wanted to check I wasn’t being daft & overlooking some rule about insurance jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that’s frustrating. Apparently I can’t have my old alloy back due to safety reasons. As they can’t guarantee the safety of it, they have to drill it and destroy it. I guess I can understand the logic behind it though.

No doubt will fund their Christmas party with all the scrapped alloys lol

I can’t deny, I thought the same thing, lol. But I guess it makes sense. Shame though, as it would have been a nice little bonus for me. Would have made up for having to be without my car for a couple of weeks. This E220 just isn’t as nice.

I had a dream the other night that I sold my bitdi and when I woke up I was so relieved that I still had her lol.

I hate those dreams, where it takes you a minute to figure out if it was a dream or really happened.