1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Mercedes A45...

teslaboy Jan 5, 2019

1. Snake Pliskin

Snake Pliskin Well-Known Member Supporter Team Floret Silver Audi RS3

I can’t help but be interested in this car.
    Doesn’t mean I’ll buy one but I’ll keep it on my radar.

Bristle Hound likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Well-Known Member Team Mythos Team Daytona Team Phantom Audi RS3 Audi RS4 Audi S3 Audi A1 Black Edition Navarra Blue Classic

Always interesting to look but M-B these days seem so bling and downmarket.

4. DW81

DW81 Well-Known Member

I can not see it myself.

5. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Well-Known Member Team Mythos Team Daytona Team Phantom Audi RS3 Audi RS4 Audi S3 Audi A1 Black Edition Navarra Blue Classic

The Emperors new clothes or ... you can polish a tu*d but it’s still a tur* .

6. DW81

DW81 Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t call the a45 a **** but the new civic type R..................

Now that’s a **** :tearsofjoy:

TYb and RGBARGEE like this.
  7. RGBARGEE

Yes! Awful looking car but M-B aren’t far behind!

8. Slowracer

Slowracer Active Member

Aesthetics are a personal thing and I’m sure there will be a lot of bias on this board. That aside, I have to say that I’m impressed if they can push the 2L to 421hp, but the real Test will be how that plays out on the road.

If the E63 is anything to go by then The standout feature on this car may be the mid corner balance from the 4matic+

9. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member

Mitsi had 400hp Lancers over 10 years ago remember ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

10. Slowracer

Slowracer Active Member

Yes but laggy as hell and not so usable on the street. It easy to get peak power out of an engine, but making it nice and fast to drive in all conditions is another matter.

11. RGBARGEE

looks are a personal thing but as DW says above.. new Honda Type R.. no way and for me M-B is not far behind.. I can't imagine waking up to that any morning soon unless they supply large 'paper bags'

AudiNutta likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. AudiNutta

AudiNutta Moderator Staff Member Moderator Sportback Gold Supporter Team Racing Blue Mica Audi RS3 quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Sounding like a wet fart amplified by a tin can still I’d imagine, all hail the 5-pot!

Disgusting shape on that new A Class, I thought the old one was bad enough. Interior looks up to scratch but I’ll never say anything kinder to Mercedes than that statement haha. The headlights are half asleep and the tail lights are on steroids out of a Hyundai.

RGBARGEE likes this.
  14. AudiNutta

AudiNutta Moderator Staff Member Moderator Sportback Gold Supporter Team Racing Blue Mica Audi RS3 quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Nice to see somebody with such a relatable opinion on this creation, or even M-B in general ;)

The Type R is really not a pretty thing, my detailer has one so I’ve had a nosy but definitely not for me. The 3 exhaust tips are just wrong on every level, just awful.

RGBARGEE likes this.
  15. infernox

infernox Well-Known Member Team Glacier Team Mythos Audi RS3 Audi S3 S tronic

I'm keeping up to date with it but wasn't that impressed in the video. The drift mode looks fun but idk when I'd use it. Still its better to have it then not. Overall I wouldn't consider it but good on Merc for giving electric seats as standard and they're keeping the interface wheel/trackpad thing, hopefully Audi take note but I doubt it looking at the Q3 interior.

Snake Pliskin likes this.
  16. RGBARGEE

'Extras' are always good but I wouldn't be convinced with Electric seats. I really dislike touch screen stuff in a car, much prefer mmi and trackpad..

17. Slowracer

Slowracer Active Member

A lot of judgement being passed considering we haven’t seen the final version. :wink:

However, I was driving behind a new A class the other day and the rear design and lights do soften the rear end and make it look smaller and less aggressive, more suitable for a teenage girl rather than an aggressive hot hatch.

The drift control is a gimmick that 2% of drivers may use and 1% of those will end up putting in a ditch. But the real benefit of being able to move 100% power to rear is reducing understeer and making it more fun to drive.

Bristle Hound likes this.
  18. D0C

D0C Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team Panther Audi RS3 TTRS

Switchable 4WD is a game changer, especially in the hot hatch segment, and will surely mean more buyers attracted to the A45 than before. If it didn't sound so god awful I might have even been tempted to look at it myself.

19. infernox

The Focus RS already has it so surprised Shmee didn't mention that since he has 2 of them lol. As for electric seats, I don't mind the manual seats in my RS3 but check out Doug Demuro review of the RS3. He gave it a 4/10 tech score (might have been features) but gave the RS5 a 7/10 score in the same segment, mainly attributed to the RS3 having manual seats and RS5 having electric seats. I can't see many other features the RS5 has that the RS3 doesn't. For the price of the RS3, some people expect it to have electric seats as standard.

20. DW81

DW81 Well-Known Member

I see that shmee150 video, didn’t he pay £100k for his heritage focus rs?

21. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member

RS3 does have leccy seats if you don't choose super sports.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

22. D0C

D0C Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team Panther Audi RS3 TTRS

I wouldn't have a Focus RS. Sounds very snobby but they are really very cheap feeling inside and look beyond chavvy. And that's not to mention the sound of it.

23. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator X3 M-Sport Alpine White

Whoever invented the 'Soundaktor' wants a damned good thrashing IMO [​IMG]

Snake Pliskin likes this.
  24. Snake Pliskin

Snake Pliskin Well-Known Member Supporter Team Floret Silver Audi RS3

Totally agree lol :)

Just give us the real sound ... whatever it is ... fake sound is the work of the devil :whip:

Bristle Hound and terminator x like this.
  25. infernox

Yes but its not standard on it, you still have to spec it on the normal sport seats. They could have added that into the stock car/price.

26. royalsteve68

royalsteve68 Well-Known Member TeamMisano Team Ara Blue Audi RS3 Audi S3

My rs3 saloon was rrp £57k. Didn’t pay that though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  27. royalsteve68

If they’ve got 421bhp from a 2 litre then i suspect the platform isn’t good for modding, economy or drivability at low speeds. Looks pig ugly though

28. royalsteve68

Yeh agree, horrible to drive on the road. The job was don’t take your kids out in otherwise they’d chuck up all over you

29. royalsteve68

Laughable

30. royalsteve68

And the reliability and quality.

31. DW81

DW81 Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly mate

32. infernox

I have no idea how much it cost but £100k is too much even for a very limited edition car. I think he said the red edition focus rs was around £50k?

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. DW81

DW81 Well-Known Member

Probably miss heard it in one of shmee’s videos. Just had to recheck and they are changing hands for about £68k for the orange one he as. **** in the ocean to him as his other list of cars is very impressive/expensive.