1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Merc A45s...

FBF01 Jul 4, 2019

1. Gazwould

Gazwould Registered User

Great thread .

Dare say if you get the 35 you could get a Chinese Panamerica grill for it .

I've a W204 / S204 and you can get C63 / SL , Diamond and Panamerica grills for it .

Here's one for you SP and Ron , I'm amazed there isn't a metal AMG left footrest .

The best one is from Australia !

I got this one , it's velcro backed but was never going to work on my 70K compacted carpet so I used a adhesive sealant with great success .

07B6226B-5B8A-48B7-B7E7-49BAA397286F.jpeg

NevMan, Ron240 and Snake Pliskin like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Gazwould

Gazwould Registered User

2019-10-15 19.51.55.jpg

Ron240 and Snake Pliskin like this.
  4. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator

NevMan and Snake Pliskin like this.
  5. terminator x

terminator x Registered User

What is that strange lever on the left of the pic?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

6. Bristle Hound

@terminator x - Handbrake actuated by your footsie ?

NevMan likes this.
  7. Snake Pliskin

Snake Pliskin Well-Known Member Supporter

Bristle Hound likes this.
  8. Bristle Hound

@Snake Pliskin -Yup - missed that one lol
    Merc looks stunning buddy !

NevMan and Snake Pliskin like this.
  9. Gazwould

Gazwould Registered User

That be the Nitrous..

10. NevMan

NevMan Well known member

Yep, Merc done those for years

Snake Pliskin likes this.
  11. Snake Pliskin

Guys this is a great review :icon thumright:

it perfectly explains the ‘significant’ differences between the 35 & 45s and goes on to give a great in depth review of the car.

I even defy @jassyo06 not to appreciate this car as an entire package with all the aspects covered in this video .... this truly is a spectacular car and AMG have genuinely produced a supremely enjoyable mega hatch on a new level :yes:

Having had my car for a few weeks now I am absolutely loving it. It’s a stunning car externally (I just love that grille, bonnet bulges, wide arches etc - they give it such a mean purposeful look) and that interior is just incredible. The screen display looks immensely impressive and the overall material quality in the cabin is very high quality & premium. The amazing seats just finish off what is a great place to sit and take in that interior. Merc have not a missed a trick and they’ve got every aspect of this car spot on.I’m super impressed with this car.

This is over 20 mins but it does perfectly explain what makes the 45s such a good car ....

Bristle Hound and Audi Bairn like this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Mr Amg is obsessed with all Mercedes models ie truly biased. l dont like Mercedes cars and AMGs styling at the front is too shouty ...that's me being ...polite...l like angular creases on a cars exterior which the A class is totally void of ...well to my eyes it is....also dont like the interior and the elongated tablet dash...the younger generation will love it...sorry just not my thing mate and at £60,000 even more so no hatchback is reasonable value for money at that price

14. Snake Pliskin

Mate ... do me a favour - do yourself a favour for a moment and WATCH THE VIDEO !

The video is 20 odd minutes and you’ve clearly replied without watching it.

Just humour me and watch the video ... you just might get where I’m coming from.

No fan boy Merc here (even though you’ve openly admitted to being Mr Audi fan boy lol) .... it’s just a ****** good car - end of !

This video genuinely goes into some good detail of why that is :icon thumright:

For 20 odd minutes - take the Audi blinkers off pal & see how Merc have moved the game on ...

NevMan and Bristle Hound like this.
  15. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Glen l watched it last night around 1 am lol l view most of his videos and if you go on to the comments section of the video you'll see mine's lol
    I am really pleased your over the moon with your car really l am...not my boggle mate

Snake Pliskin likes this.
  16. Snake Pliskin

Fair enough mate, even if you don’t like the looks of this car, I would hope you could appreciate the technical aspects of it. AMG have genuinely produced what is mechanically a very sophisticated powerful great handling fun car.

I will politely leave you to your Audi slumber now mate lol :tearsofjoy:

17. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

Well, I can see some of the attraction @Snake Pliskin but what a change. It all looks rather too bling for my taste I'm afraid especially the interior and the 'Cheshire Lady' white exterior.. as I have said many times it is all down to personal choice and taste as well as what's available. I would not buy a new 8V RS3 now given the new model but not sure I'd be as brave as you. Hopefully your wife still has a proper car ;-)

jassyo06 likes this.
  18. Snake Pliskin

ha ha .......... it aint bling at all mate - it feels very high end & premium.
    Hinestly, I was seriously impressed by the quality and fit & finish of this car.
    The interior is just wow and those seats are exellent - I really can't fault it at all.
    I've got the none aero car too so in looks terms it is VERY similar to my last RS3 (& yours)
    It looks purposeful but definitely not in your face or too OTT.
    Its a perfect balance IMO.
    I know a lot of people don't like white, but my last white car was 2008 so I was happy to have white again I really like it.
    Looks very crisp and shows the lines well plus contrasts superbly with the black bits.

19. SPIKE_JCW

SPIKE_JCW Vorsprung durch Technik

20. Ron240

Ron240 Breaking the stereotype Gold Supporter

It is Polar White which is a solid colour and a no cost option. The metallic white option is called Digital White and costs £595.
    Personally I would choose Polar White, and actually have done. :D

21. Snake Pliskin

The CLA looks very sleek doesn't it ..... I'm not sure about red leather though :)

I've got the polar white which is flat as Ron notes - it is the same as ibis white Audi do - very crisp pure white which I like.

The metallic white Merc do sounds nice too as it has a blue metallic fleck to it.

NevMan likes this.
  22. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

To me White cars shout out company car ...especially from A35 and down the range

RGBARGEE likes this.
  23. Bristle Hound

Not much love for solid white cars is there @Snake Pliskin

Still if we all drove the same colour cars would be a boring world IMHO

NevMan, RGBARGEE and Snake Pliskin like this.
  24. Ron240

I think the "AMG leather two tone classic red/black" looks very nice and contrasts well with a white car.
    It is also a no cost option and I have specified it. :innocent:
    Of course it is all immaterial if I end up not buying my car, which is a very real possibility now.

NevMan, jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin like this.
  25. Ron240

I've never had a job that provides a company car so I wouldn't know.
    Large white Mercedes shout out wedding car to me. :D
    One thing is for sure though....solid white paint is very easy to care for. :)

26. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

My son has the new X5 as his demo atm and its white and looks poor in comparison to other colours its available in...l like the new X5 as well, it's one of the better looking SUVs

NevMan likes this.
  27. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

What's for you @Ron240 wont go past ye....you being you will just end up trading it in for another car within 24 months anyway lol most likely another Audi

NevMan, Ron240 and Snake Pliskin like this.
  28. Snake Pliskin

Agreed ... I genuinely really like white and I think the company car ‘look’ thing has passed - unless it’s a stock Astra / Focus etc but any S / RS / M / AMG etc looks great in white as they tend to have lots of black bits & nice alloys which sets it off.

I’ve personally had a black TTS, follower by a blue S5, then a silver RS3 so white is a change for me ... the only down side is I agree it’s quite a common colour

29. Bristle Hound

@jassyo06 - Funny you should mention the X5 - thats what I will be replacing the current X3 with when its time to change
    Like the X3 colours the X5 all the colours are too dark for me, hence I'm only left with white
    Plus BM metallic paint option is the price of the factory fit tow bar so a no brainer for me ;)

& before you say, I'm not paying the ridiculous price for BM's equivalent exclusive paint option - thats just madness

& agreed G05 X5 is a great looking SUV :thumbs up:

PS But like detailing, car colours & cars are all subjective

NevMan, SPIKE_JCW and Snake Pliskin like this.
  30. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

Is it true that dealers will mark down the PX if it's in a solid colour. It used to be expected on 'premium' cars and CAP specifically used to mention options in their price guides. Still not convinced that MB is any good these days .. lost the plot with the Chrysler fiat takeover and never really got their mojo back IMHO.. Love the earlier stuff. Mate has a 1995 E280 Estate (Thunderbird 2) and a Red 1981 E280 estate which are very nice if a little old and smelly, but at least no bling.....

jassyo06 likes this.
  31. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Silver X5 very nice indeed

32. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

You just got that X3 and your already thinking on yer next car....whoazer....that's bonkers lol

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. Bristle Hound

@jassyo06 - Change time will be 4-5 years time
    Always got to plan ahead buddy ;):D

Unfortunately the wife likes a Porsche Macan we see everyday on our 1 walk with the pooch lol

NevMan, Snake Pliskin and jassyo06 like this.
  35. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Macan..... better off with a Sq5

36. SPIKE_JCW

Agree - the X5 is the best looking SUV for that category, and would be my go to if that was my next choice of car. I also think the XC90 is a very close second.

37. SPIKE_JCW

:sign spam:. Macan GTS every day of the week!

38. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Yer Mad mate..... Definition of a Porsche = A more Pretentious Jumped up Audi

39. SPIKE_JCW

Haha...I’ll not join that debate! I’m keeping :shutup2:

NevMan and jassyo06 like this.
  40. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

LOL

SPIKE_JCW and Snake Pliskin like this.
  41. Snake Pliskin

Lol ... you do like that word (lol) ... lol :icon thumright:

jassyo06 likes this.
  42. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

If did'nt use it l would av been banned from being on here a long time ago...............jassy has a ever so slight....chuckle to himself....as he types

43. SPIKE_JCW

LOL :tearsofjoy:

Snake Pliskin and jassyo06 like this.