Memory seats question

Buxton2901

Reaction score
Hi guys. can anyone tell me if the memory seats are supposed to auto adjust based on which key fob is used?
I've set up 2 profiles for my wife and I and would expect the seat to adjust to correct position based on the key used to unlock the car. Audi say this is not the case and have to press and hold the button.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks
Paul

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Memory seats are *supposed* to return to the last driving position (if you have 'easy entry' on), regardless of key fob used. However a software update last year messed this up, you now have to press memory button # 1 or #2 after getting in the car to get your saved seat position back. Not a huge inconvenience as far as bugs go but nevertheless its annoying.

Ok mate cheers and why the hell do you need to press and hold, it's so annoying, just a single press and it should adjust to that position

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Depends on coding, but if its setup for key based profiles, then it should move to that for seats & exterior memory mirrors if fitted, unless as said its a bug.

As for why keep pressing, its a safety mechanism, to stop anyone getting trapped, like kids feet, fingers etc, much the same why windows have anti pinch protection due to few cases of strangulation of kids in the US iirc.

Reactions: abmat