Meguiars Wash Plus and Turtle Wax Sealant Hydrophobic wax

Nickyc

Reaction score
So thought the run around needed a good clean on the weekend. It had lots of sealants on it already so I wanted to start from scratch and then try out the new Hype product from Turtle Wax. The Wash Plus does take some getting used to if you are used to the 2 bucket method though. So I pre washed the car as normal and left it wet, you then get a wet wash mitt and squeeze some of the wash plus on it and wash one panel and rinse off, rinse the sponge and then do the same for the next panel. Now anyone used to doing the 2 bucket method will find this messes with your head the first time you do it, but it was actually really quick to do and got rid of most of the beading on the panel which is what I wanted - So a good product for stripping off some old protection. The to the Turtle wax, a couple of sprays per panel ( I used it on dry panels), wipe on and buff off. Nice and easy and no streaks, car was done in 5 minutes. Did the same on the alloys and windows too, it seemed to darken the black plastics too. Very slick to the touch and shiny too, lets see how it hold up - but so far very easy to use, its slick and shiny, only time will tell if it lasts. I know I should have taken pics, but I forgot - sorry.

Turtlewax hybrid sealant is excellent and durable although I’m not keen on using it on windows, there are better products for that
60027F24 F7B5 4835 BB42 617EAE1D756F

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jassyo06, A4A4 and 1 other person
It was only for the run about, I have specific stuff but this was just a quick maintenance wash to see how it goes all over. So far so good.

Reactions: SiPie
So thought the run around needed a good clean on the weekend. It had lots of sealants on it already so I wanted to start from scratch and then try out the new Hype product from Turtle Wax. The Wash Plus does take some getting used to if you are used to the 2 bucket method though. So I pre washed the car as normal and left it wet, you then get a wet wash mitt and squeeze some of the wash plus on it and wash one panel and rinse off, rinse the sponge and then do the same for the next panel. Now anyone used to doing the 2 bucket method will find this messes with your head the first time you do it, but it was actually really quick to do and got rid of most of the beading on the panel which is what I wanted - So a good product for stripping off some old protection. The to the Turtle wax, a couple of sprays per panel ( I used it on dry panels), wipe on and buff off. Nice and easy and no streaks, car was done in 5 minutes. Did the same on the alloys and windows too, it seemed to darken the black plastics too. Very slick to the touch and shiny too, lets see how it hold up - but so far very easy to use, its slick and shiny, only time will tell if it lasts. I know I should have taken pics, but I forgot - sorry.
@Nickyc - Forum rules are - no pic's? It didn't happen lol

Reactions: Jassyo06