meguiars scratch X + 3 stage cleaners

AndyS3

Reaction score
When is it best to use scratchX in relation to the 3 stage cleaner/polish/wax. before or after or inbetween one of the stages.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

I would use it before the 1st stage.

Get rid of those swirls first, then clean the paint - removing oxidation etc and then apply the two stages.

For a perfect glass like finish use the clay bar on the front to remove all dead flies etc before the Scratch X stage...

...oh and give yourself about 5 hours for all of the above /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
will_S3 said:
john/ anybody

for the products they seem great and would like to get my self some shortly

but just wish to check useages etc

stage 1,2,3 and Gold Class Wax

i take it you only use 1 and 2 and like thise post the scratch bits once and a while and then 3 and Gold Class Wax all the time

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
I have only used stage 1 once in 4 months on the S2000. I generally do stages 2,3 once every month or so and in between I use the Gold Class Wax(combo of wax and polish).

If you clean regularly e.g. once a week I do not think there is too much use for stage 1 that often. If your car is parked under trees there may be a more common need for the Stage 1.

I will probably use stage 1 twice a year.

Stages 2 and 3 make the car look perfect!

Using stage 3 by itself IMO is a bit pointless, use 2 and 3 or if lazy use Gold Class. Stage 3 only protects the stage 2 and will not add anymore shine.

I think the 3 stages with the Gold Class will easily last me more than 1 year.

Hope that helps?

My car is parked under trees and I get all those sap spots that are a C*** to get out. I hav also spotted a few minor really light scatches.

What is the best thing for me to do??

So far I clean the car twice a week with all Auto...Gleam stuff.

Where can I get the products mentioned in the thread and what is the best way to apply them, same as above?

are there any products that can remove those blasted sap spots????

any help apprecited. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

Hi Guys,

Jester, I can give you details of where to send a cheque no problem!

Clean and Shiny
Unit A Watchmoor Trade Centre
Watchmoor Road
Camberley
Surrey
GU15 3AJ

Just pop in with the cheque what you want to order and were good to go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Im sorry for not replying sooner, cant believe that I didnt see the questions after the post I made!!!

Amla with regards to your issue, would suggest washing and using the clay bar, it removes tree sap, industrial fallout etc and will leave your paintwork like glass.

You should try the Stage 2 and 3 you will be absolutley amazed with the results in comparison to Auto**ym I do my car the same as Moff about once a month. Then when I wash inbetween polishing/waxing I simply use Quik Detailer to give it that "just waxed" look. Only trouble is I go through so much detailer!! lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As for where you can get the products..... ME!!! www.cleanandshiny.co.uk if you work out what you want and pm me or email me - john@cleanandshiny.co.uk I will sort it all out for you....

Cheers

John