Meet in Aberdeen

missile

Burning rubber
Reaction score
4 hardy souls braved the snow on a cold night in Aberdeen last night for a chat, a beer and some scran. Would any of you guys/gals be interested in joining us for a regular get together, at 06.30pm at a local wattering hole on the first Wednesday of every month?

Think I'm due home on the 6th (which would be the first Wed of March)... what's the local watering hole in question? Getting a regular meet going would be good, that way people know when they can drop in and even if no-one else shows you can get a bite to eat and a drink.

Reactions: Sandra
It can be difficult to agree a time or place and not everyone will be able to make it. Free and easy, whoever can make it and wants to is welcome to come along.
Let's give it a try = next meet @ 06.30pm on March 06th @ Gillies Lair. Unless you guys have a better idea?

Sounds good to me, hopefully I don't get in too late to make it (should be home mid-afternoon, but flying from a Danish island so who knows).

Hi,

Hope you guys can come. It is free and easy and doesn't matter if you are late we shall be there from 6.30 until after 9pm.

Sorry guys, I will not be able to make the meeting on Wednesday March 6th. :racer:
I need an operation on my hip and have been offered an appointment at very short notice. I am in Woodend Hospital tomorrow, operation Thursday and all being well I hope to be home next week. I shall not be able to drive for several weeks.
I do hope you guys go ahead with the meeting and hopefully I will see you all first Wednesday in April? :undwech:
Best Regards, Bob.

Sorry guys, I will not be able to make the meeting on Wednesday March 6th. :racer:
I need an operation on my hip and have been offered an appointment at very short notice. I am in Woodend Hospital tomorrow, operation Thursday and all being well I hope to be home next week. I shall not be able to drive for several weeks.
I do hope you guys go ahead with the meeting and hopefully I will see you all first Wednesday in April? :undwech:
Best Regards, Bob.

Bob, wishing you a speedy recovery. :) x

Reactions: missile and MartayMcFly
I should be getting my flight details today, so will know if I can make it or not soon.

All the best Bob my old man had his hip replaced in November and was up and about the next day albeit on crutches. Hopefully I'll be at the April meet.

Reactions: missile
Hi Folks, is this a regular meet within aberdeen area? always at the same place or do yous alternate the grub locations ?

im hopefully picking up my S4 tomorrow after work, so very much doubt I would make it along but would be interested in the next one

The plan is to make this a regular thing so people can just show up if they're free, rather than having a list up for who can/can't attend. We can certainly look into setting up a rotation deal so it's not the same every time.

As for tomorrow, I'm not back until after 7 and my car'll be locked in the work's carpark until the morning. If I can get a key I'll break it out and come down, if not then it'll be Crieff next (a bit more official a meet, and slightly out of the way comparatively).

Hi Guys, was over on the TTforum and its a bit quiet over there so hope the meet is still on ? want make this one still offshore until the 12th, was at the first meet it went good lets hope this continues.

Reg (Aberdeen)

Hi Guys,

My op went well and no complaints about Woodend Hospital, but I am very pleased to be home. It will be a while before I am driving again.

Did anyyone make it last night?

Reactions: Brodster and MartayMcFly
Hey that's great to hear your op went well.

I picked up the S4 last night so never made it along
24hrs in of ownership and loving it.

I think it may have been a doomed first (well second, technically) meet. I didn't get back home until around 8, and had been at the hospitality of CPH Kastrup's Carlsberg stand for the better part of 5 hours... not to mention the car being locked in the office car park with a flat battery.

Not sure if I will be able to make next month either, but hopefully we can get a regular meeting arranged sometime soon.

Best Regards, Bob.

Not sure if I will be able to make next month either, but hopefully we can get a regular meeting arranged sometime soon.

Best Regards, Bob.

Mornng Bob, you just concentrate on getting better, plenty of time for the meets. Take car. :)x

Will give you a phone Bob when i get home, just sit down and take it easy.
So i guess the meet never took place then.:crying:

On the road again.:blackrs4:

Who is up for a regular meeting on first Wednesday of every month, starting April 03rd 06.30 @ Gillies Lair?

I still think we should keep this as a regular meet (despite a poor turn out last time). Sadly I'll be away on the 3rd... seems to timed perfectly that I can't come along :banghead:

Sorry Bob, want be home until the 14th April hope you get a good turn out. :sob: