Meet anyone?.

Haha am a quick driver but everyone has there cut off point won't risk binning it! I don't suppose anyone has one of them fast road cameras do they would be great to get a video of the cars going up hartside pass! Have we decided on a day/date then lads?.

Hey all just a quick hello to the north east section, ive just bought an A4 TDI 130bhp 01 model, i live in northumberland (ashington) will you be meeting regular or just when all can attend?
I will come along for a meet - think its going to be far away no matter where it is for me lol

Well we could do 1st weekend on march, but it would have to be a saturday for lee to come and even then it depends if its busy so we could wait till the weekend after and go on a sunday? If we are wanting as many people to come as possible then a sunday would probs be better as not many work on a sunday is my thinking.

Im definatley up for a meet but my son has a hospital op coming up soon so if it fell on that weekend i would be a no show (next 2 weeks) ish

Well we could do 1st weekend on march, but it would have to be a saturday for lee to come and even then it depends if its busy so we could wait till the weekend after and go on a sunday? If we are wanting as many people to come as possible then a sunday would probs be better as not many work on a sunday is my thinking.

i can't do that week as I'm offshore then :( the first weekend in march or next Saturday is best for me if I'm honest.

Andy.. It's a fair trek from ashington mind hope the snows gone from up there ;) haha just kidding. Nice choice with the A4 I love the PD130 engine my mate has the same engine in his A3 it's mapped to 167bhp and goes really well :)

Andy.. It's a fair trek from ashington mind hope the snows gone from up there ;) haha just kidding.

Its all clear up this end, I was at Sacriston today and there was still snow in the dykes! :0

Remap is gonna be my first job i think, seems a no brainer!

stick with the first weekend in march on the saturday then? it was one of the first dates mentioned.

Andy could meet you at silverlink if your coming down the A19? or up by the A1 seaton burn way. then head down to what ever service station we are meeting at down Durham way

Yeah I bet there's still plenty of snow when we go up to tan hill!

Haha I wish it was as simple to map mine just can't be done with removing the DPF and smoking like a tractor haha!

I'd love to map the A3 just not wanting to kill my turbo and having to cough up like a grand to fix it :(

@Dean.no4 Seaton Burn will be alot quiter than Silverlink on a Saturday plus straight onto A1

@PauliM does the DPF need removed when remapping?

I'd love to map the A3 just not wanting to kill my turbo and having to cough up like a grand to fix it :(

is your A3 the 140?. I had a 54 reg 140 and I mapped that. I had it for a year and the only problem I had was it blew a boost pipe off the intercooler!

andy you don't need to worry about a DPF as the a4 you have won't have one. But yeah if you have a DPF it needs removing you then need to flash the ECU to tell it that's it's been removed then map the engine

I'd consider mapping it but nothing stupid power wise or like you said you will pop the turbo!
Im hopeing by the end of this year/beginning of next to get a 3.0tdi A5

Il probably look at it more when It starts to feel slow :) im happy with just changing some other bits at the minute

What plans you got in mind? I've had a few things fitted to mine lately :)

Just bought an RNS-E which might be fitted for the meet which is the main thing, wouldn't mind the multi functional steering wheel to go with it. then just a few little bits like new mats, LEDs which are on their way already :)

Should we start a list of names, so we know who is actually wanting to go?

Nice one sounds like yours is coming along :) I've had the LED interior lights fitted to mine makes a huge difference! Yeah let's get a list going people see who defo coming!

Ill make a start copy and paste your names people

1) PauliM (Audi a3 2.0 tdi)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Had it nearly a year and it's the first thing I've actually done to it

2) Dean.no4 (Audi a3 2.0 tdi)
3)
4)
5)

now lads :D

so where we going then?

all i need to do is service the beast before i go anywhere fun :p

if we go any where can we avoid snow and mega wet roads, no fun been stuck in no power mode lol

Hi coatsey..

we are thinking of meeting at Durham services. Then making our way over heart side pass stopping off at the cafe. Then down the other side to join the a66. We are then gonna turn off the a66 and go to tan hill. Once we get there we have a choice on which way we go home.. We can either go down the other side into reeth then Richmond or we can head back to the A66 an head for scotch corner

Think its the EGR valve :( a job for saturday morning up nice and early

Dont think its the EGR anymore, think its the inlet manifold flap which will probably need replacing :( grr

Last edited:
Oh god how much is that gonna set you back?. Fingers crossed its fixed for next week :)

Thinking of just deleting out the EGR and getting it remapped to just get rid of it.

Scrap that part above, half day tomorrow. I still need the shudder value so the part is ordered from euro parts, gaskets ordered from audi collection tomorrow fit and sorted by friday night i hope. the job doesnt seem to be that hard so if all goes will il be rocking by 3 ish which gives me time to clean the car :p

look what else turned up today though :) Im poor till tuesday so have to wait to got it fitted as i dont trust myself and i dont have the VCDS :(
(had to remove the image)

Last edited:
Nice one. The only thing with deleting the EGR though is some people have had improved performance etc but other people have been saying its made there car run like a bag of spammers and caused other problems.
Like the new head unit wouldn't mind the same one in mine! How much did you give for that if you don't mind me asking?.

im not doing the EGR delete now, scrapped that idea.

£365 + £20 delivery

need to buy the Map dvd and GPS antenna so not as cheap as i thought. still didnt have to pay it all in 1 chunk

Good idea ha
hawing gonna be a canny chunk out the wallet once you've bought everything you need. I think the next mod I will do will be xenons :)

very nice, always wanted xenons but they are just so expensive if i was to try fit them to my car, il get them on the next car :)

I get paid tuesday so its all good, backup fund is running a bit low this weekend like. still need to fit my LEDs so that will keep me busy for a little bit on saturday if i go slowly.

2) Dean.no4 (Audi a3 2.0 tdi)
3) P_G (Audi RS3)
4)
5)

I'll put my name down for a meet but not likely to be free in March; Geneva first and second weekend for the motorshow, not around for the 2 weekends after that and then its Easter so if there is one organised for April onwards I can make it.

Could organise it at Revolution in Gateshead with the RS246 members? Then a drive out past Sunniside on to Chester-le Street through the b-roads?

Your welcome along P_G :)

@dean.. Have you seen outside?. I think we maybe ambitious about next weekend :( there's about 3"s of snow here :/

:( there isn't any snow outside mine, I'm feeling left out. Hmmm much chance of it melting and not turning to ice for next weekend :p

:( there isn't any snow outside mine, I'm feeling left out. Hmmm much chance of it melting and not turning to ice for next weekend :p

haha me Nd ice don't mix haha long story ;) lol! Pleased the cars fixed though! So we can have as many people coming as possible is Sunday gonna be the better day?

I was thinking around 10:30 and set off no later than 11. Just hope the weather clears!!

didn't get to service the car at the weekend due to loads of snow and me not been man enough to roll around in it lol

we should try to organize some sort of rolling road session some where just for giggles.

i doubt ill be able to make this meet on sunday. having bad times at work with the company not knowing weather it wants to keep us on or not so i could be spending my weekend looking for jobs and saving my money.