1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Media Read Capacity

kev.s Feb 23, 2015

1. kev.s

kev.s Registered User

Is the HDD system SD card slots limited to a read file type or capacity limited? I've a 64gb card with mp3 on, system won't read, changed files to FAT32, system won't read, changed again to mp4 (apple, system won't read. Reformatted card to 16gb and system still won't read. anyone advise?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. GeoffDunk

GeoffDunk Registered User

2014 MMI wil lread 64Gb cards as I am using them today, will go up to 256Gb apparently.
    Formats so far tested are MP3 and AAC, both work.

This is for the SD cards i nthe slots, same file types for the hard drive but capacity changes with diffeent vehicles, what size HDD have you got? I am currently investigating the type of HDD the system has (spinnign dish of solid state) what physical size (3.5, 2.5 inch etc.) and what make in order to look at upgrades in size, a bit like upgrading the old sky TV boxes from 40Gb to 250Gb a few years ago.

kev.s likes this.
  4. kev.s

kev.s Registered User

dealer has stated the HDD (jukebox) is 10gb, i'd presume it a solid state as it's quiet, funny how the SD discs aren't reading though.

5. GeoffDunk

GeoffDunk Registered User

I have 40Gb HDD but I have a 160Gb iPod which is full so 40Gb just aint enough.

I have now discovered I can connect my iTunes server directly to the car's wi-fi hotspot and copy data to the jukebox, very cool. if i had enough HHD i could transfer my whole library.