Measurement from ground to bottom of drivers door?

dkingy11

SQ5 & A4 Allroad
Reaction score
I currently have an A4 Allroad but looking at getting a new(er) car soon and torn between the A6 Avant, A7 & Q5.
Maybe a bit of a weird 1, but my main question here is (as per the title) does anyone know or would be willing to measure the height from the ground to the bottom of the drivers door on the A6 Avant? Just I have a small wall on my drive & at the minute, the Allroad clears it but I know that’s because of its heightened suspension. Just curious as to whether it will still clear it. Any help will be greatly appreciated

I currently have an A4 Allroad but looking at getting a new(er) car soon and torn between the A6 Avant, A7 & Q5.
Maybe a bit of a weird 1, but my main question here is (as per the title) does anyone know or would be willing to measure the height from the ground to the bottom of the drivers door on the A6 Avant? Just I have a small wall on my drive & at the minute, the Allroad clears it but I know that’s because of its heightened suspension. Just curious as to whether it will still clear it. Any help will be greatly appreciated
Sorry I should I have specified that it will be a Sline model I’m after... would end up going for a black edition I think.

Here you go mate. My car is a 2013 bitdi sline suspension black edition car. I get about 250mm or 10 inches from ground to bottom of door
a6b1a1c0bbd39b1dcde6334197a85445.jpg

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Reactions: dkingy11
Here you go mate. My car is a 2013 bitdi sline suspension black edition car. I get about 250mm or 10 inches from ground to bottom of door
a6b1a1c0bbd39b1dcde6334197a85445.jpg

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
Excellent... much appreciated!! It’s lower than I was hoping as need about 11.5” for clearance. It’s on a slight slope so might get away with parking slightly further up the drive but then the A6 is longer so might not be able to. My A4 Allroad is 13” so quite a difference.

You really do need to sit in back of an A7 to check that it will suit your needs. The early A7 was worse for headroom than my A5 Sportback though the later A7 was on par with it. The Avant's do seem to command quite a price premium over the saloon, but are no doubt worth it if one has to carry boxy items. I bought mine because of its slightly unusual interior rather than just needing an estate car. The Q5 is surely a more upright and modern version of what you have.

Reactions: dkingy11
Thanks for that!! I’m assuming yours is a standard model (not sline)?
Not too sure what I can check for you, but when I bought the car from Audi, the advert sated:

Sport suspension
Lowered by 20mm with more firmly tuned springs and dampers for more direct contact with the road.

Not too sure what I can check for you, but when I bought the car from Audi, the advert sated:

Sport suspension
Lowered by 20mm with more firmly tuned springs and dampers for more direct contact with the road.
Interesting... I thought the sline was the 1 lowered by 20mm but I may be wrong? Maybe I’m thinking of a ‘sport’ version against an ‘SE’ model? The 300mm would be just enough so wondering if that’s difference between sline & sport or the difference between 2013 & 2016 models...but I assumed the chassis would be the same and was just a facelift (bumpers etc)? If you could find out it would be appreciated mate. Your year is the 1 I’m looking at. Appreciate the help!

You really do need to sit in back of an A7 to check that it will suit your needs. The early A7 was worse for headroom than my A5 Sportback though the later A7 was on par with it. The Avant's do seem to command quite a price premium over the saloon, but are no doubt worth it if one has to carry boxy items. I bought mine because of its slightly unusual interior rather than just needing an estate car. The Q5 is surely a more upright and modern version of what you have.
Thanks for the heads up... I’m not really a fan of the saloons as like to have the option of putting big box items in like you say. I love the interior & both the A6 & A7 look identical. The year I’m looking at for SQ5 is quite similar to what I have (recessed nav screen) but any of them will be an upgrade on my Low spec Allroad. I think I would have to have a look at them all as well as test drive, but trying to get ahead of the game until able to go look at them.