Measurement from floor to bottom of Drivers door?

dkingy11

SQ5 & A4 Allroad
Reaction score
I currently have an A4 Allroad (B8) but looking at getting a new(er) car soon. I’ve been looking mainly at the A6 Avant, A7 & SQ5 but noticed that for around the same price you can get an A4 (B9) on same reg (66ish) with a lot less mileage & the interior just seems so much newer!
Anyway, my main question, although a bit of a weird 1, is (as per the title)...does anyone know or would be willing to measure the height from the ground to the bottom of the drivers door on the A4 Avant Sline? Just I have a small wall on my drive & the Allroad clears it but I know that’s because of its heightened suspension. Just curious as to whether it will still clear it. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your door height question, just interested that you're coming from a B8 Allroad, and have you considered B9 Allroad?

The A6 is a bigger beast, and has air suspension and my only worry if you stay with diesel is Ad Blue, seems like a lot of pump failures. That said the 2.0TDI that you have just now, same as mine, is a great engine, plenty torque and good towcar.

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't have an answer to your door height question, just interested that you're coming from a B8 Allroad, and have you considered B9 Allroad?

The A6 is a bigger beast, and has air suspension and my only worry if you stay with diesel is Ad Blue, seems like a lot of pump failures. That said the 2.0TDI that you have just now, same as mine, is a great engine, plenty torque and good towcar.
Hi mate, I will be keeping my current A4 Allroad as I love it, but the new car I’m after is to replace a Seat Leon FR, as wanting another 4WD. I have looked at the A6 Allroad & like the idea of the adjustable suspension as I think mine looks too high...but I just seen it as an expensive fix if something went wrong?? Or is that not actually the case (I haven’t looked looked that much into it)? Also what’s pushed me to look at another A4 is my wife’s worry about parking a ‘bigger’ car. I was just looking for something a bit more ‘sporty’ for this 1 & still love a diesel car (get them whilst you can ).
Is that a common problem with the AdBlue? I’m looking at the 3L TDI’s but assuming they will have that too.?

If your wife is worried about parking a bigger car then avoid the A6, it has a big overhang front and rear, an SQ5 is probably a better bet.

I don't know a huge amount about the newer diesels, but Ad Blue is definitely a factor with the pump failing, so you're looking at £1k fix.

Again with air suspension query I used to follow an older A6 Allroad forum and it was a recurring issue. No idea what they are like now, but you have the individual airbag struts, the air lines and the compressor.

If your wife is worried about parking a bigger car then avoid the A6, it has a big overhang front and rear, an SQ5 is probably a better bet.

I don't know a huge amount about the newer diesels, but Ad Blue is definitely a factor with the pump failing, so you're looking at £1k fix.

Again with air suspension query I used to follow an older A6 Allroad forum and it was a recurring issue. No idea what they are like now, but you have the individual airbag struts, the air lines and the compressor.
Yeah the A6 Avant was my number 1 choice from the off but it is quite a big car & steering away from it now. I think the SQ5 is my favourite out of them all but I’m not sure if the interior is a bit dated in the age I can afford. Same age A4, A6, A7s are a bit newer interior, but going to see a few different 1s tomorrow so we will see what happens.
I just haven’t had many petrol cars & worries about the MPG, however I do like how much more quiet they are . But I do love diesels, but understand the adblue could be a problem down the line. 1k is a canny fix price .
I think I will steer clear of the air suspension

To answer Your original question - it's 27 cm - height from ground to door on sline A4 B9 3.0 TDi with adaptive suspension on 18" wheels.

Audi A4 B9 3.0 TDi quattro 200 kw

To answer Your original question - it's 27 cm - height from ground to door on sline A4 B9 3.0 TDi with adaptive suspension on 18" wheels.
Audi A4 B9 3.0 TDi quattro 200 kw
Much appreciated... thank you