SQ5 Measurement from floor to bottom of drivers door?

dkingy11

SQ5 & A4 Allroad
Reaction score
I currently have an A4 Allroad but looking at getting a new(er) car soon and torn between the A6 Avant, A7 & SQ5.
Maybe a bit of a weird 1, but my main question here is (as per the title) does anyone know or would be willing to measure the height from the ground to the bottom of the drivers door on the SQ5? Just I have a small wall on my drive & at the minute, the Allroad clears it but I know that’s because of its heightened suspension. Just curious as to whether it will still clear it. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Sorry mate, should have said... Be looking at around 2016 model I think.

I currently have an A4 Allroad but looking at getting a new(er) car soon and torn between the A6 Avant, A7 & SQ5.
Maybe a bit of a weird 1, but my main question here is (as per the title) does anyone know or would be willing to measure the height from the ground to the bottom of the drivers door on the SQ5? Just I have a small wall on my drive & at the minute, the Allroad clears it but I know that’s because of its heightened suspension. Just curious as to whether it will still clear it. Any help will be greatly appreciated

28.2mm:

SQ5 door clearance

2016 SQ5 on 21-inch rims

Reactions: dkingy11
That is basically right on the limit & think with it being shorter, I could afford to stick it further up the drive (as on a slope and therefore wall tapers). Love the car by the way mate, it’s same colour as I’ve seen

Reactions: 45bvtc
That is basically right on the limit & think with it being shorter, I could afford to stick it further up the drive (as on a slope and therefore wall tapers). Love the car by the way mate, it’s same colour as I’ve seen
Thank you. Let me know if you need Price and Specification Guide for your potential purchase as I can provide in pdf format

Q5 SQ5 Sales Brochure

Great machine the 2016 SQ5 bi-TDi, does everything for us winter and summer...

Reactions: blackwood and dkingy11
That would be appreciated mate... I was looking mainly at the A6 Avant but my wife prefers the Q5s (I want a 3.0L TDI so seemed the best options) & I’m slowly growing to it now!!

That would be appreciated mate... I was looking mainly at the A6 Avant but my wife prefers the Q5s (I want a 3.0L TDI so seemed the best options) & I’m slowly growing to it now!!
PM sent... :racer:

Surely a non allroad A6 has door edge nearer to floor than an SQ5? Had both (2015 A6 3.0 TDi Quattro, 2017 SQ5 petrol) and not sure which I would pick of the two if pushed, probably the SQ5 as it was smaller for manoeuvring.... but I now have an RS4 and prefer that to both. I hindsight would I have chosen the SQ5 over the S4 Avant, no..... but that's just me.

Back in 2015 I was sure I was going RS7 - or RS6 maybe. RS3copilot was all S8. And so - thanks to Sandra - with an audi-sport dealer day (Stafford) we tried S8, RS7, S4, S1 and finally SQ5 bi-TDi back-to-back and was totally smitten by the 2015/16 bi-TDi SQ5. For sure I/we could use a lot more of the SQ5's performance more of the time (than the RS4/6/7 S8 alternatives) and that for me was a plus, plus, plus. And it's such an easy machine to live with. Does everything - for us, period.

Ours, purchased at 19k miles and thrown at Audi for a FULL service hasn't missed a beat since. The fact we use our RS3 and/or TT for "a change only" says it all....

Each to their own but I'll not be changing any one of our Audi trio for some time - not that we've that long left of course... :racer:

Surely a non allroad A6 has door edge nearer to floor than an SQ5? Had both (2015 A6 3.0 TDi Quattro, 2017 SQ5 petrol) and not sure which I would pick of the two if pushed, probably the SQ5 as it was smaller for manoeuvring.... but I now have an RS4 and prefer that to both. I hindsight would I have chosen the SQ5 over the S4 Avant, no..... but that's just me.
That was my assumption but from the feedback I’ve received across the different forums it’s seems that there’s not actually that much difference and actually the SQ5 is approx. 280mm, whereas the A6 Avant (sline) at approx. 300mm?? Not sure if that’s just people’s different ways of measuring, ha! I haven’t had too many responses so will see what else comes in. I’m pushed more towards the A6 Avant based on the newer style interior (flip out nav screen etc.), whereas the SQ5 didn’t seem to get that same type of upgrade until later (which is outside of my price bracket). I would love any of the RS but sadly that is way above my possibilities... maybe 1 day .

Back in 2015 I was sure I was going RS7 - or RS6 maybe. RS3copilot was all S8. And so - thanks to Sandra - with an audi-sport dealer day (Stafford) we tried S8, RS7, S4, S1 and finally SQ5 bi-TDi back-to-back and was totally smitten by the 2015/16 bi-TDi SQ5. For sure I/we could use a lot more of the SQ5's performance more of the time (than the RS4/6/7 S8 alternatives) and that for me was a plus, plus, plus. And it's such an easy machine to live with. Does everything - for us, period.

Ours, purchased at 19k miles and thrown at Audi for a FULL service hasn't missed a beat since. The fact we use our RS3 and/or TT for "a change only" says it all....

Each to their own but I'll not be changing any one of our Audi trio for some time - not that we've that long left of course... :racer:
Thanks for your feedback... it’s nice to hear other people’s opinions, especially for those who have/had a few different models . Only thing for me as mentioned above was the interior which seems a couple of years behind the A6 and even further behind the A4 (it’s pretty much the same as what I have now in my A4 Allroad (59 reg), albeit still an upgrade as only have SE model. I think I will be definitely going to test drive them soon so I get a feel for them all

My A6 was diesel but my SQ5 petrol so I was trying to not comment on that impact on the driving. The A6 definitely rode better and as a 2015 model had an interior that was I thought good for its era whereas the equivalent Q5 I found a bit old fashioned.

I liked the size of the SQ5, but at the time I was doing Mon to Friday down south and the parking space in the underground car park that went with my flat was way too tight for an A6....

As always we all want different things and have different priorities and only the OP will know his (but I'd be going A6 based on his comments so far ;)). Performance is a small element of ownership for most people (including me - despite what I drive)

Just been to look at an SQ5 today & took it for a spin!! What can i say... It was a pleasure to drive & power is tremendous. I noticed this 1 had drive select where some others I looked at don't. Does it change things that much to make a difference or is the D/S difference enough? Also are there any things to look out for which are prone to failure etc.? Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Reactions: 45bvtc
Just been to look at an SQ5 today & took it for a spin!! What can i say... It was a pleasure to drive & power is tremendous. I noticed this 1 had drive select where some others I looked at don't. Does it change things that much to make a difference or is the D/S difference enough? Also are there any things to look out for which are prone to failure etc.? Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Yes, it changes lots. Most of the time I drive 'comfort' and use the normal 'D' position and/or sport 'S' position as and when: that said, I've forever using the paddles to achieve general motoring satisfaction/enjoyment. Manual too, don't forget manual-mode and paddle away happily...

Other than 'creaks' from the panoroof - and that was sorted by Stafford Audi in April 2019 and we've had no issue since: it's a tough well engineered piece of machinery.

Reactions: blackwood and dkingy11