Maybe of interest to someone

Spack

Reaction score
I enquired to carbon designz about wether they had plans for carbon fibre exhaust tips and got this reply.

Considering some are paying £1,400 odd quid for miltek exhausts and the like which doesn't sound any better than the optional sports exhaust i thought this was pretty good for an OEM warranty friendly brand new sports exhaust with carbon fibre exhaust tips which equates to around £1800+ shipping.
The carbon tips on my old M135i were £400 alone so this isn't bad IMO

I am chasing some stand Alone carbon tips as well!

I just want them black, I enquired to miltek about their tips but was told they wouldn't fit the standard exhaust only their miltek one. Last resort is to get them sprayed.

You won't find standalone tips only. Like it was mentioned, they're part of the exhaust, and are welded to the pipes. They don't come off. You'll need to replace the entire catback, or as Spack said, get them painted.

I have installed a Milltek Secondary Cat Bypass, to stock RS3 sports exhaust. If I was now look at buying the Milltek Catback System does it connect to the backend of the secondary Cat Bypass or do I have to remove the secondary cat bypass

I think it should be ok with the Milltek decats to both sport and standard exhaust because they looks the same and therefore you can get the Milltek Catback System, somebody confirm it also. It should be nice if you really noticed the sound before and after you have swapped to Milltek Catback vs sport system if there was any difference in sound, loader or the same?

I have installed a Milltek Secondary Cat Bypass, to stock RS3 sports exhaust. If I was now look at buying the Milltek Catback System does it connect to the backend of the secondary Cat Bypass or do I have to remove the secondary cat bypass

I have a milltek catback non res on order, it will mate to my scorpion decat donwpipe and millet secondary decats.

It does not replace the millet secondary cat bypass pipes if you have them,

audi-rs3-cat-back-exhaust-system-black-tips.jpg

Reactions: Nardo007
You have a 'whos' secondary cat bypass pipes
12.gif
Just kiddin...

I know Aoon_M, I know. It's a ****** pain but sometimes can be funny.

Good you appreciate the humour and that's what ASN does so well
45.gif

I
I have a milltek catback non res on order, it will mate to my scorpion decat donwpipe and millet secondary decats.

It does not replace the millet secondary cat bypass pipes if you have them,

audi-rs3-cat-back-exhaust-system-black-tips.jpg

I bought yesterday this Milltek catback system but non resonated, little used and I have also Milltek decats which should fit together with standard exhaust or have I misunderstood something? Also Milltek are pointing out on their homepage that you can't mix exhaust from other vendors for instance Scorpion with Milltek or is that understood wrong as well? I am gonna install it during weekend or next week. For now I have oem with Milltek decats and that worked well. The guy I bought the catback from had standard but with oem backcats, I will noticed if there is a problem.

Apparently the Milltek Catback System is 'Secondary Catback' therefore it goes on behind the Secondary Cats or Secondary Cat Delete if installed.

I

I bought yesterday this Milltek catback system but non resonated, little used and I have also Milltek decats which should fit together with standard exhaust or have I misunderstood something? Also Milltek are pointing out on their homepage that you can't mix exhaust from other vendors for instance Scorpion with Milltek or is that understood wrong as well? I am gonna install it during weekend or next week. For now I have oem with Milltek decats and that worked well. The guy I bought the catback from had standard but with oem backcats, I will noticed if there is a problem.

Let me know when you get bored of that Catback System, lol...

Let me know when you get bored of that Catback System, lol...

Yeah right :). I was really happy with the sound I had but ran into this with the right spec black tips, almost new, non resonated so couldn't resist it.

Anyone got any real world experience of the difference between sports exhaust and miltek? Honest reviews please don't try and justify the purchase lol is it worth the dough?

I think that answer is individually and hard to tell because of different likings? Still there are tuners who have seen a lot of different solutions on exhaust and some of them are saying that Milltek is a more tune exhaust than for instance oem sport because of size diameter, stainless (maybe oem also?), looks with black/blank tips which many people seems to like, lighter than oem which is heavy if I have understood it right(?), reosnated or non-resonated - if you take all that compared to sport oem then Milltek catback should sound more beefier and that has also been proven with tube vids. Although for myself I liked already the sport oem and also standard oem with open flaps and decat was enough but still thinks this is gonna sound even more and better?

I have a brand new milltek catback for sale... non resonated + ceramic black tips £999...

Change of plan for my car

I have a brand new milltek catback for sale... non resonated + ceramic black tips £999...

Change of plan for my car

Are you going for Scorpion now or is it gonna be some other custom exhaust? I fitted the Milltek catback now and it sounds much beefier and it really sounds even more aggressive when it open ups on higher revs. One thing was that it didn't fit with Milltek catback to Milltek decats, that was to tight and I couldn't turn them to right position which was strange. Although both catback and decats wasn't new and had been mounted before so therefore I think they aren't 100% round anymore and that was the problem, maybe some other can confirm if it? I went for the oem second cats + this catback so its street legal also :), only plus with that. I am gonna try to refit them later if its possible but I had it on a lift that wasn't mine so it was a little stressful situation to get it done.

I will likely end up with custom with the power levels I'm aiming for in 2017 :)

How does the milltek sound anyway compared to stock sports exhaust?

How does the milltek sound anyway compared to stock sports exhaust?

It sounds nice and deeper/beefier and I haven't decats fitted yet but maybe I can fit them tomorrow or during next week, the weather is really horrible here with some snow and a temperature around zero to couple of +, so trying to stay inside at the moment ):.

Although its difficult to say how loud it is because the standard with mods was sounding really good already allthough this have more thunder in it because of the 3". I haven't tryied to keep the flaps open yet abut I will and that should give som extra sound also for shure.

I measured also decat pipes and they are the same 65mm so they are not 3" and if you are after max flow it has its restrictions I think and probably one of the things why you are going for custom?

Edit: If you just compare standard as it was from delivery with Milltek catback than its like night and day different.