Maximum Load on Factory Fit Towbar

Andy101

Reaction score
Anyone know what the maximum load is on the factory fit tow bar - is it in the manual?
Ive expecting a 2020 Avant with the folding factory fit tow bar.
Thanks

Lots of variables depending on engine, body, transmission, suspension, trim.
It will be on load plate in the drivers door area.

If you want to know before getting car it should be displayed in expanded engine details on the configurator. Click on the (i) next to engine then show all information.

There only thing missing from there is the nose weight on towball. My A4 was on the light side for this compared with others in class. On the car it’s in the boot area near the towball release button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the S4 avant (petrol) the maximum load weight on the towbar is 80KG

For the S4 avant (diesel) the maximum load weight on the towbar is 80KG

Upload 2020 1 16 22 16 28

Thanks @WarwickBoy & @Robbe. Presume my TDI Avant Black Edition will be the same then. Just a month to wait now....
You happy with yours @WarwickBoy apart form the MyAudi interface issues.

Reactions: WarwickBoy
Hi Andy101.

I have to say that overall I am very happy with the new car. I guess primarily a car is a tool from getting from A to B in comfort and safely and for that it is the best car I have ever had. I'm sure you'll love the car. If you could try the features I have listed in my other thread to see if they work for you that would be helpful.

My car went from "1 month to wait" to "It's here next week", so hope this happens for you too :)

Reactions: Andy101
@WarwickBoy I've actually delayed taking delivery as it was due the day before driving to the alps. Really don't need the stress of swapping roof bars over, fitting new feet (A6 rails are different) and then banging 2000 fast miles on it from the off. Love my A6 Avant Black Edition and will be sorry to see it go. Had a few A4's before so know what to expect. Hopefully the MyAudi nonsense will be sorted by the time I get the A4 it at the beginning of March.

Reactions: tickedon and WarwickBoy
The 80kg towball nose weight is fairly standard on A4. Overall load capacity subject to model, engine, etc. One thing to watch is not to overload it. I tow a RIB with my B8 A4 Allroad and 750kg unbraked trailer. Think the springs are upgraded over conventional A4. Point is it stresses springs over time, especially if car loaded too.