Maxi-Cosi ISO-Fix Base

A3_SSS

Reaction score
All,
I have a 3dr 59 plate and was wondering if the above would fit in the back? Anyone got this?
It is for a maxi-cosi cabrio fix car seat.
New addition to the family arriving very shortly so a quick response would be appreciated. Thanks.

I had it in my 3-door A3 (2004) and it fitted fine with the ISOFiX points.
It was an absolute must have if you have a 3-door car, since you just drop in the baby carrier and it clicks in (with an audible beep) to let you know its secure. Much easier than crawling in with baby to secure the seat belt every time you get in and out...

All the best for the new arrival!

Ive got a baby due on 10th Oct and just been given a Maxi Cosi Iso fix thing - it weighs a ton! But it fit snug in my 3dr..

Congrats to you both! I have got a 7 month old boy and he has just started in a big boy chair now. If you go on maxi-cosi website, you should be able to check which seats and bases fit which cars. But I am 99% sure that your seat/base will fit.
Enjoy your sleep as much as you can as you will have many a sleepless nights ahead.

Ive got a baby due on 10th Oct and just been given a Maxi Cosi Iso fix thing - it weighs a ton! But it fit snug in my 3dr..
How freaky is that. Our little one is due 10th Oct.
Good luck with it all

Congrats to you both! I have got a 7 month old boy and he has just started in a big boy chair now. If you go on maxi-cosi website, you should be able to check which seats and bases fit which cars. But I am 99% sure that your seat/base will fit.
Enjoy your sleep as much as you can as you will have many a sleepless nights ahead.
Hi I did check the site but it said iso-fix not possilbe! I didn't believe that so decided to ask a real users :)

I assume you have isofix points, so it should be absolutely fine. Makes me laugh how these big companies don't know there own products!

Best bet, get your self to mothercare, and they will let you try it in your car FOC!
That is what I done with my seats.

I assume you have isofix points, so it should be absolutely fine. Makes me laugh how these big companies don't know there own products!

Best bet, get your self to mothercare, and they will let you try it in your car FOC!
That is what I done with my seats.
Just been to mothercare and they said they "would not recommend for my car as it has not been approved"
What!

One thing to note would be that due to clearance, the front seat in front of the fitted base with baby carrier will be one or two notches forward - you won't be able to have the front seat pushed all the way back...

It's hardly noticable, but perhaps that's why they're not recommending it (although it was listed as suitable on their website when I bought it 2 years ago).

As Sam said, you will have to push the front seat forward a bit. And the end of the day, if it fits, then it fits!! Did they even let you try to fix it in your car? Did they give an explanation as to why it is not approved?

Hi I presume you are talking about the easy fix base which although has isofix is not approved for use in the rear of your car but is ok if you use the seat belt? I used both belt and isofix in wife's car as it was not crash tested with just the isofix.

The family fix base is in the same boat and untested as it has no seat belt attachment. Either way any car seat will be tight & awkward especially as the baby get heavier to take in and out..... could be time for a 5 door.

Yes we used the cabrio fix with the newer familyfix isofix base, fitted fine mate in our sportback & the rear seats are same for 3/5dr.

We actually upgraded for few months to the newer pebble & have to say it looks prettier, but found it more narrow & tighter than cabrio.

Now she is 13.5 months, we use the Pearl seat for kids 9 months to 4/4.5 years, its a cracking seat, so comfy for her aswell, coupled with the familyfix base is cool & very secure indeed with the tilt function, she loves it & will do for 4 years :)

Maxi Cosi Iso fix thing - it weighs a ton!

You're kidding me right, they're not heavy, its the kids that are heavy lol

Thats for sure, she would only sleep on my arm for months, nobody else, used to cry, stick on my arm, she was quiet as a mouse, albeit I got sweet fa sleep, not so much now & damn sight heavier lol, wouldnt change her for the world.

Makes me laugh how these big companies don't know there own products!

This is so true of Maxi-Cosi aka Dorel UK, useless cretins imho & I have dealt with some engineers there who were imho fairly useless, on the maxi cosi & quinny ranges, frustrates the hell out of me when they say well send it back, yeah I effing would if I had something else to use, arggghhhhh.

Either way any car seat will be tight & awkward especially as the baby get heavier to take in and out..... could be time for a 5 door.

I was going to say this aswell tbh, very true, 3dr will be a mission for the seat in/out, back of seats will get scratched, I'd consider a bigger car as we are, Touran for missus.

seeing as this has turned into a bit of a baby thread, my 1st nipper is due 23rd Nov..... congratulations to all the new/expectant Dad's above.

All,
I have a 3dr 59 plate and was wondering if the above would fit in the back? Anyone got this?
New addition to the family arriving very shortly so a quick response would be appreciated. Thanks.

Agreeing with everyone, we have the Maxi-Cosi base and seat and the base works great with no problems at all.

As for the car seats lasting for a year - no chance. Our little man is 6 months old and is already growing out of the Cabrio-fix!!

Cheers for the advice guys - new car is no go at the moment, saving for a bigger house! I will purchase the iso-fix base. I suppose I could just return if it is not suitable. Thanks once again for the input and congrats to all those with a nipper on the way.
This will be our second so well aware fo what is to come .... wouldn't change it for anything :happy:

Last edited:
@Nige (NHN)

Defo mate, after all those sleepless nights and still having them, I wouldn't want it any other way!

Cheers for the advice guys - new car is no go at the moment, saving for a bigger house! I will purchase the iso-fix base. I suppose I could just return if it is not suitable. Thanks once again for the input and congrats to all those with a nipper on the way.
This will be our second so well aware fo what is to come .... wouldn't change it for anything :happy:

One last thing, if you are thinking about taking the base back make sure the shop will accept it when you buy it. Quite a lot of places will not accept returns on baby goods. Baby goods are often deemed to be not for resale and cannot be returned. The reason being would you want to buy something for your little one(particularly a safety item such as a car seat) then get it home and find out it has already been out of the box and tried out etc etc?

Quite a lot of places will not accept returns on baby goods. Baby goods are often deemed to be not for resale and cannot be returned. The reason being would you want to buy something for your little one(particularly a safety item such as a car seat) then get it home and find out it has already been out of the box and tried out etc etc?

TBH fella, I have to disagree & find its the complete opposite to what you're advising, when it comes to kids stuff, shops etc are very good with that given safety standards for kids are strictly controlled, now if its a car seat I dont know any company that wouldnt take it back based on what it is, now if its a nappy changer, nappy storage, food utensils, things that have a hygienic part to them of issue, then yes you're correct, they wont accept these back unless said parts had broken, to return back purely cause you dont like, most wont entertain this idea, but when it comes to safety, no company ever risks the potentials of a lawsuit due to the item being unfit for use, so to save the hassle they just take back & sell on to bulk buying companies who offload on ebay & the like.

As for 2nd user, we went used for our original car seat, cot, buggy etc purely because you only use it for 3 months or so, then we bought new buggy & car seat individually & resold the used kit purely because it saved us about £600 overall, not being cheap, just logic as the kid wasnt in the car very often anyway, now with the bigger kid, we certainly bought a new car seat as they spend more time with us as such in the car.

Used car seats really dont tend to be a problem, cleanliness isnt an issue as you wash as soon as you get anyway.

I advise any new parent friends to buy a used full kit with cot as this will be there bed for a short while, waste of money buying a moses or the like cot just for that period, use for 3 months then get a buggy & car seat new, the savings are immense & resell used set with very little loss.

When my mini me (poor little ****** is my double) was ready for his second stage seat earlier this year we decided to go to halfords simply because they had more or less the same range as everywhere else, were local and were slightly cheaper than the other local alternative, Mothercare.

We bought the Recaro young sport seat partly because it looked well cool and went with our cars but mainly because it got good reviews online. After a week using the seat we found the really big head support/wings made it really difficult to get mini me in and out, especially in my wifes car. We decided the seat wasn't too our liking so we took it back and exchanged it for a Maxi-Cosi Priory. No problem at all changing it even though we didn't have the box as we'd left it with the store.

The Maxi-cosi is a lot easier to get mini me in and out of. We do however both have 5 doors. I can't imagine how much hassle a 3 door would be with a stage 1 rear facing seat, it would definitely need to be ISO fix.