max size spacers on the rear??????????

20vtdaz

Reaction score
hi guys ive just had 15mm spacers fitted to the front of my s3 as ive had big brakes fitted but i now think i need bigger than my 15 on the rear as the front sit further out, whats the biggest i can fit at the back, the cars also lowered 25mm, any help would be great guys thanks, daz

I've got no evidence what so ever to base his on but if you've got 18 x 8 alloys on it, don't go lower than the 25mm and don't drive it too hard I reckon you could get away with 20mm spacers on the back. I know alot of people will disagree but hey!
Do you really need 15mm on the front? Reason I ask is I've been looking at a Porsche conversion and have been told 10mm will clear the calipers no probs, unless you've gone for some AP 6/8 potters!!

i'm surprised you need 15mm spacers. my oettinger's only required 2 mm, but i had to use h&r 10mm as they are the thinnest hubcentric spacers

how much clearance do you have?

10mm on the front and 15mm on the rear is the best set up, looks good and much less stress on the wheel bearings than larger spacers.

I've got some 5mm eibach spacers which will be going on when I get my Brembo's fitted later on this week. As they aren't hubcentric will they be ok?

Aky said:
I've got some 5mm eibach spacers which will be going on when I get my Brembo's fitted later on this week. As they aren't hubcentric will they be ok?

these won't be hubcentric, you'd be best off with a pair of 10mm H&R hubcentrics, with longer H&R Bolts. I got mine from the TT shop

ive got 15mill all round and only problem i have ive got 19s and with passangers in the back i some times rub on the inner arch

Ballcrusher said:
ive got 15mill all round and only problem i have ive got 19s and with passangers in the back i some times rub on the inner arch

Are you running adjustable tie bars also along with your eibach springs?

i was laughing at my friend the other day he has a pug 106 with summing silly like 30mm spacers on all wheels

just the eibach if you use tie bars the wheels rub even more so as the camber brings the wheels up strait but with 10mill spacers are fine with tie bars

Ballcrusher said:
just the eibach if you use tie bars the wheels rub even more so as the camber brings the wheels up strait but with 10mill spacers are fine with tie bars

That's cool, just got some 10mm spacers for the rear, but it looks like I can go 15mm, but 10 should be enough then - thanks.
How are you finding tyre wear with the Eibachs? I was on a tired set of tyres(approx 18k miles) when I had mine fitted, and you can definitely see the insides of the tyre edges scrubbing away and kill the tyres 2k miles later. I've done approx. 2k miles on a fresh set of tyres, and they are still looking pretty fresh.

jonS3 said:
but i had to use h&r 10mm as they are the thinnest hubcentric spacers

8mm are the smallest H&R hubcentric spacers, I have them on my car

tyers wernt to bad done 25000 miles before i had to change them YES I DO **** LOADS OF MILES...LOL

also tie bars a bit costly ive been told..?

Aky said:

You may find you will get annoying steering wheel vibration at motorway speeds ie 70mph plus. Make sure you fit them the best you can or get some hubcentric ones!

I used 8mm Eibach non hubcentric (obviously) on the front and got bad vibration around 70mph.
Went to 10mm hubcentric with no vibration.

I now run 15mm on the front to clear the Big Reds (GT3 calipers) and 18mm on the rear with no probs.
The wider track on the front HAS induced some understeer though although the car handles so well that it more than makes up for this.

yeah im running ap brakes and they are huge!!! i mite get away with 10's but it would be tight and i had the 15's spare so thought it made sense, i was thinking of using 25 each way to make them really stick out but im not sure if thats being silly, 20's would have to be a minimum, is there nobody running this size at the back?? thanks for all the comments so far guys, daz

I wouldn't entertain the 25mm spacers unless your going for the monster truck look! A few people run 20mm on the back and claim to have no problems. I've thought about it myself but tend to drive my car pretty hard and can't be ***** with any rubbing issues so went for 15mm a side just to fill the arches a little bit.
If I were you I'd stick the 15's you've already got onto the rear and get a set of 10's for the front, I'd be amazed if 10mm spacers didn't clear the calipers. Out of interest what calipers have you put on?

AP RACING mate
even with the 15's they're close its touch and go wether 10's would work i assure you, i might go 20 at the back just to give it that little more, then i can see about putting 10's on at a later date,