Matt white or gloss white car wrap?

Iadejusto

Reaction score
Hi, thinking of getting my car wrapped in white....
what would look best, matt or gloss white?

2.0 tdi cabrio

Tough decision! Both would look good. U got any pics of both wraps so we can compare??

Stick a pick up of your car too!

matt silver.

Reactions: Iadejusto
As above hard decision, I had the same dilemma when doing my window trims, gloss or matte. If you are going to the expense of having the whole car done, why not wrap a wee bit in each and see, maybe the drop of the bootlid.

Tough decision! Both would look good. U got any pics of both wraps so we can compare??
nope I just up the company I'm doing it with for a quote.
i was gonna go for gloss white, but then someone poisoned my head with the matte white idea.... So hmmmm

I was told by a wrapping place that matt white is very difficult to keep clean... might be a consideration?

never thought about that, but then again I get the car washed every 3 4 days so shouldn't be a problem

This is one done in gloss.....

Case Study Details -

How much have you been quoted to wrap yours?

I guess if you want it to look something special go matte, otherwise if you want it to look oem factory finish then gloss.

I chose matte grey for mine, don't really see that colour about.

most matte white cars ive seen, tend to fade to a light pinky hue colour

stick with gloss

goose

How long is a wrap supposed to last if looked after? Surely little bits will start to peal and falter? How long does it take them to wrap?

This is one done in gloss.....

Case Study Details -

How much have you been quoted to wrap yours?

I guess if you want it to look something special go matte, otherwise if you want it to look oem factory finish then gloss.

I chose matte grey for mine, don't really see that colour about.

thats the company who is going to do mine. They charged me 700 odd quid to wrap the car, I thought that was kind of reasonable, seen as though they seem to be a reputable company.
Yeah I do want something different, but at the same time i don't wanna be too out of the ordinary, I think I'm gonna have to see one physically to make my decision

How long is a wrap supposed to last if looked after? Surely little bits will start to peal and falter? How long does it take them to wrap?

thats something I've not asked them or researched. They said they need the car for 2-3 days.
But I'm guessing that if you take good care of it it'll last you a long time. It's more or less the same as big supermarket use on they're home delivery vans. If you look at them the wrap is always spot on, and I doubt that those vans are very good looked after cosmetically.

I heard that the matte wraps the RS500's come in have to be washed carefully to keep their matte appearance. Go gloss.

I heard that the matte wraps the RS500's come in have to be washed carefully to keep their matte appearance. Go gloss.

yeah I think I'm just gonna go with gloss white now

Hi,

I'm having similar thoughts and looking at companies and options. Would be very keen to hear/ see how it worked out for you?

Best,
Henrik

matt white you wont be disopointed

Hi,

I'm having similar thoughts and looking at companies and options. Would be very keen to hear/ see how it worked out for you?

Best,
Henrik

matt and theres no specail washing to it
its just fairy liquid and a good dry

matt and theres no specail washing to it
its just fairy liquid and a good dry

That's what I like to hear. Thinking of doing on an 09 A4 avant. And potentially getting the roof rails and the chrome surround on the front grille done in matt black at the same time.

Bez, do you have any pics you can throw up? I haven't seen very many matt white and most pics I can find online are fairly poor resolution.

You say there's no special washing to it - would you say it's fine to leave in hands of forecourt washer type guys? With their pressure washers etc? Or is it hand wash only?

no chemicals on the wrap
and i leave mine with them but they know me and they stand well back with the preasure washer

you will see im no david bailey

in the flesh its realy bright but matt
next to our FW st3 the st looks dull

Looks great! Very surprised to see that the wrap goes all the way inside the doors. I always thought you'd be able to tell if a car was wrapped when the doors were open as you would see the original color. Who did this for you (and how much was it) if you don't mind?

I've been in touch with a couple of places around London and quotes for car alone runs around 850-950 and with the matt wrap details included it's around 1,100.

i had the inside of doors done as i wanted it to look right
cant comment on price as he is a very good friend of mine
its extra £££ to have the insides done
pm me and ill give you his number hes in leedsaround a 3 day job

If your going down the matt wrap look you can get a wax for matt wrapped cars. Luminosity by Angelwax has been specifically formulated to protect your matt wrap......good stuff apparently.....oh and I have some too.

Ah, I see. I guess insides are now on my wish list as well - this project keeps getting more expensive :)

Will send you a pm

If your going down the matt wrap look you can get a wax for matt wrapped cars. Luminosity by Angelwax has been specifically formulated to protect your matt wrap......good stuff apparently.....oh and I have some too.

Good to know, thanks :)

have you use it yet ?

Thanks for sharing this information on car wraps. Few months ago, hired one of popular local graphic designers for vehicle wraps. They did an amazing job and created totally awesome and cool designs which I loved them.