Matt black plastic front grill instead of piano black on new 2012 A4 Black Edition

kwask2or

Reaction score
Hi! I have seen some new 2012 A4 Black Edtion and they all seem to have a matt black plastic front grille instead of a piano black finish. Only the grill surround is finished in Piano Black. I thought it should be fully piano black? The 2012 A6 Black Edition has the piano black front grill and looks much smarter. 2012 A4 BE owners, what do you have? I am about to take delivery of my new A4 and would have liked it to be piano black. Do you reckon Audi could have it resprayed or replaced?

Hmmmmn.I wanted a shiny grill and a shiny black chrome grill for my 2009 b8.This combo was not available,so i had to make it out of two grills... using the black edition grill shiny black chrome and my original shiny black grill i got what i wanted.I know that the grilles were differant for the 3.0lt models, i wonder if this is the case also?

Bad news - mine is definitely matt black - from Audi website "Black styling package – radiator grille-frame in highly polished black, with radiator grille and number plate holder in matt black."

Just checked my etka for the new style grille, lists the new ones but the illustration is of the old grille.Also not helpful as to whether the grille is glossy or not, only mentions the frame (the black shiny chrome).When you get the car, take it to a good paint shop and get it painted.Dont do a diy, and dont go through audi cos all they will do is farm it out and charge you for the priveledge.Whilst youre at the paint shop, get them to paint the silver plastic dash trim.Easy to take out, and will look brill.

Got my car now and I'm pleased with the matt black grille with piano black surround. The matt black is dark and not the boring greyish stuff...