Matt black grill badges

phils4s

Reaction score
Hi, I am thinking of replacing the chrome Audi rings on the front & rear of my 2013 A4 Black Edition Avant, can someone tell me where I can get these ? All the ones on ebay state they don't fit my model ?
Many thanks, Phil.

I got mine off ebay, but not fitted because you have to take the whole grill out, that involves having to remove the compete front bumper. I decided not to bother as that is way too much hassle just for a badge, not easy with a shoulder injury either.

Some of the older (pre B8.5) models can be done by getting behind the badge "I believe", It appears not so easy on the B8.5

If you do get it done without taking the car apart, please do photograph it?

Thanks for the reply, might have to look into it bit more. I can find the front ones ok but the rears are all listed as 178mm ( I think ) whereas mine are around 185mm ?

I went for A8 rings on the back which are bigger than the A4, 215mm wide - 75mm depth

Reactions: Brennan, V6 Quatt and RS5 JON
It does look good on white. Can anyone confirm you need to take the grill out to remove the front badge on a 2013 model B8 ? All the pictures I can find look like it just pushes on & clips in with nothing physically holding it behind ?
Cheers, Phil.

Looking good Mac Led lights look awesome. ...
Looks a lot better now pal, managed to get the lights recoded to stop the fogs being on constant

Reactions: V6 Quatt and RS5 JON
It does look good on white. Can anyone confirm you need to take the grill out to remove the front badge on a 2013 model B8 ? All the pictures I can find look like it just pushes on & clips in with nothing physically holding it behind ?
Cheers, Phil.

Thats correct, it just pushes in and clips itself in. The problem is removing the existing rings. I actually just broke mine off, saving me taking the whole grill off - but it's a delicate process so you don't damage your grill!

Thats correct, it just pushes in and clips itself in. The problem is removing the existing rings. I actually just broke mine off, saving me taking the whole grill off - but it's a delicate process so you don't damage your grill!

Thanks for that, I though they looked like they where just clipped in, I'll have a go prising it out, don't mind if I break the existing one but will be careful not to damage my grill, thanks for the info. I presume the rear can just be removed using fishing line & some heat ?

Thanks for that, I though they looked like they where just clipped in, I'll have a go prising it out, don't mind if I break the existing one but will be careful not to damage my grill, thanks for the info. I presume the rear can just be removed using fishing line & some heat ?

Yeah, fish line or dental floss, bit of heat from a hairdryer or heat gun!

Hi, I managed to remove the front grill badge, as has been stated it would be difficult to remove in one piece without damaging the grill & I didn't really want to have to remove the bumper etc to do this so I carefully cut the existing chrome badge in a few places with wire side snips, the badge can then be un-hooked quite easily. The new badge then just clips in.
Just got to fit the rear one now & maybe de-badge.

Cool, I was contemplating using the dremell, cutters tip sounds safer

Mmmm, I would definitely try the side snips, too easy to slip with a dremell ! I've fitted the matching back Audi badge today, I can't decide now whether to de-badge the back or get a matte black A4 badge to match & maybe a black 'quattro' badge.

Mmmm, I would definitely try the side snips, too easy to slip with a dremell ! I've fitted the matching back Audi badge today, I can't decide now whether to de-badge the back or get a matte black A4 badge to match & maybe a black 'quattro' badge.

Definitely de-badge imo