Matrix V LED

Leebroath

Reaction score
Guys am I looking into this too much, in wanting a motor with Matrix headlights instead if LED

Is there much difference (brightness) between how effective Matrix Headlights are to normal LED?

I know they do a great job in how they work but wanted to know if Matrix are brighter or not

I’ve turned passed on a couple motors now which don’t have Matrix and I’m thinking am I being too picky :)

There is not much difference between the two in terms of overall brightness however the functionality of matrix led allows you to use more of their brightness more if the time if that makes sense,.

for example you can select main beam and then the system can adjust the overall light pattern to avoid blinding oncoming drivers whilst continuing to fully illuminate other parts of the road. Quick google search will bring up plenty of articles re the differences between the two.

I’ve had both and in my experience During normal driving on well lit roads you’ll not notice much if any difference. Where they really come into their own is on motorways or on dark / unlit roads and lanes. if I had the choice would always opt for the matrix option albit that’s a personal preference however matrix in most cases is just an option, there may be others that are equally or more important so I wouldnt make them a deal breaker if I found the right car that ticked the right boxes.

Reactions: SiPie and Leebroath
Sorry forgot to mention mate, I had an A7 previously and it was great. I suppose I’m trying to compare everything to Matrix and won’t accept anything else, which is why I’m turning down some motors. If I knew the LED was as bright as Matrix (which was fantastic then I think I’d give LED a look in.

Had ordinary LEDs on my TTRS - no noticeable difference in brightness (to my eyes anyway) on both dipped and full beam to my previous A5 and current S5 with Matrix in normal driving. Found matrix much better in other situations but that’s because of hiwcthey work and what they do rather than being brighter.

Reactions: Leebroath
Cheers guys, I’ll have a more open mind now I think when looking at Matrix V LED :)
Cheers for the help

Hi,
Had my A3 2 months now. I really wish i had gone for the matrix lights. The standard LED on the sport model are rubbish, bordering dangerous on unlit windy A roads when on dipped beam, the beam isn't very wide and doesn't project very far.
The car is great otherwise.

We’ve been driving our SQ5 for a bit now and I absolutely love our LED lights,

I know its not what we had before I.e. Matrix (A7) but they are SO much better than Halogen on our Q5 2016 plate

I've an A3 with LED and an RS3 with Martix, and they are both superb as far as lighting intensity goes. The matrix is very impressive in how it operates and has a slight edge on dark country roads, but I wouldn't say it is a must have. Just a very innovative and impressive feature.