Matrix or not matrix

Dandu

Reaction score
Hello,

I`m a bit confused i can't not see the difference between matrix head lights and non matrix head lights.
I wanna buy a used car and i`m not good at distinguish them.
Are these Matrix ?

Upload 2020 7 25 12 42 47

Upload 2020 7 25 12 43 17

Thank you!

On my car with matrix you could see 9 or so separate "finger prints" on the glass of the headlight. Afaik that is the separate light elements that turn off and on to avoid blinding people etc.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

I could be wrong but I think all matrix lights came with washers, so that would indicate they’re not matrix versions.

EDIT: They may actually have changed that... The two distinct inner ‘reflectors’ are the high beams and I think the normal versions have just one large reflector. Meaning I now think they might be matrix headlights. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Due to homogenisation of all head lamps they all look the same... lots of testing involved for each different design.

Like mentioned before, look for the 9 cells inside. Also, only matrix led headlights have dynamic indicators in the front

Reactions: Daggerit
Due to homogenisation of all head lamps they all look the same... lots of testing involved for each different design.

Like mentioned before, look for the 9 cells inside. Also, only matrix led headlights have dynamic indicators in the front

That too, I was assuming he didn’t have access to the car to test though. If you can get hold of it, that’s the smoking gun.

Reactions: Mr Olympik
Thank you a lot for the answers ! I can not test the car :( .
So if i see 9 cells inside are matrix.

Or just ask if the car has dynamic front indicators!

Reactions: Daggerit
Thing is though. If it had them it would be advertised as it’s a sought after and expensive option.

I’ve got them. The matrix lights have 3 distinct squares extra compared to the normal Audi led lights. Have a look on autotrader and look at the more expensive cars and you should be able to distinguish them it’s very obvious.

If you drive after sunset and you live in a rural area then it’s a must have, just makes driving at night so much better.

the lights are also brighter than the standard LED lights, I’ve tested them compared to a non matrix lights, I’ve read somewhere the headlights use 30w instead of 20w on normal LEDs.

Reactions: psychopomp1
The matrix lights have 3 distinct squares extra compared to the normal Audi led
^^This.

A matrix light:

A non-matrix light:

Very very easy to tell the difference in real life, however the OPs photos aren't very clear.

Reactions: smog c6