Matrix LED - different shades/color temperature?

tadziak

Reaction score
Hello,
I've lately noticed that my headlamps are not exactly the same 'temperature'. The left LED generates visibly more yellow light than the right one. Of course it's not something that is really affecting the overall quality of the visibility but for a quality brand like Audi I find that variation hard to accept, especially with the highest end light system, advertised for being as bright as daylight...

Here is an example photo:

aemwl2.jpg

I am curious if anybody had simmilar issue and managed to get it resolved? I doubt I have any chance to get the dealer to replace the whole headlamp since it's functioning 'within specs'...

Don't know if it's just my eyes or what but I don't really see any variation to the colour to be honest... You're always going to get some amount of colour difference around the edges and potentially that's what's happening to an extent?

Don't know if it's just my eyes or what but I don't really see any variation to the colour to be honest... You're always going to get some amount of colour difference around the edges and potentially that's what's happening to an extent?

Thank you for your opinion. The photo does not fully show this problem, but you should be able to see that the left spot of the light is visibly warmer, more yellow and the right more white, even a bit purple. It's quite visible when driving on a highway and the left marking is yellowish while the right - cold white.

i'm not even sure if it makes any sense to complain about it, but it does annoy me a bit.

I can't see any difference from the photo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I can vaguely see what you mean but I don't know if that's potentially down to the way that the light is distributed or not? I assume from the light pattern that its a LHD vehicle and therefore maybe the reflectors sit differently in the left headlight than the right and on a RHD car you'd see the same thing reversed?

Yes I can see the difference but as Daggerit has stated thiscould be due to the way the lights are automatically controlled. One being further away and light only travels in straight lines?

Partially it might be the case, especially that this is a right-lane setup, so the right light is always a bit higher. However even when I stop at the traffic lights, behind other cars I can see that my left LED reflects differently than the right one. Its rather 'cosmetic' but annoys me. I will just have to learn to live with that 'feature' ;)

Left definitely yellower .
Thanks for agreeing. I can try to take a better photo but it's not really the point. I would even be okay with both be 'yellower', just same shade. It's annoying when two lamps give a bit different color of light...

And can anyone with Matrix LED lights take simmilar photo so that I can show the dealer how that should normally look?