Master Cylinder Problems.

Grant-s3

Nogaro Blue
Reaction score
I've bought myself a sprint blue 8p S3 and need to get rid of my 8L. Only problem is my clutch keeps loosing pressure. My pedal snapped a while ago, I quick fixed it and my friend managed to bent my master cylinder rod whilst refitting. I bought a second hand pedal and master set off eBay. And ever since fitting the pedal has feel for a few days then starts to go downhill I.e half pedal is slack. Pumping the pedal lots gets it back for about 5 mins. I've bled the system 2 times already. I work for a huge parts warehouse/distribution warehouse so going to get myself a new master and fluid on Monday. Will this fix it? Ever since fitting the eBay master I've had problems leading me to believe it was cracked or leaky seals to start with. Thanks guys.

Not yet, I will get the new part tomorrow at work. Pick up some mintex dot 4 aswel. Fingers crossed it was just a horrid ebay used part that caused me all this bother lol.

I've a similar problem on VAG cars before, does the clutch pipe have separate seals on each end? Your supposed to replace seals when disturbing the clutch pipe so I'm told by TPS!?

What clutch pipe are you meaning? When I replaced it to the eBay one. I disconnected two pipes, one metal one from the reservoir leading to the master and the a plastic 90 degree elbow on the bottom of the master. I feel there may be a crack in the eBay part or the seals are just done letting in air.

Yes the steel clutch pressure pipe has a seal on the end, one at slave cylinder and the other end at master cylinder..

It would bleed up ok, but left alone or continuous use it would lose pedal pressure but no signs or external leaks! I fitted a slave, a master cylinder and in the end replaced the seals!

Yes the steel clutch pressure pipe has a seal on the end, one at slave cylinder and the other end at master cylinder..

It would bleed up ok, but left alone or continuous use it would lose pedal pressure but no signs or external leaks! I fitted a slave, a master cylinder and in the end replaced the seals!

Is this true? Where can i get hold of these seals?

Any recommendations for the master cylinder?