Massive thanks too Ash (ASH187) Audi A5 Heated Seats "Solved"

J.R.

"Started From The Bottom"
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Since October last year Ash has been working on my A5 heated leather electric seats. He managed to get the electrics seat part working , but the heating part was more complex then we initial thought.

He came another time to try and figure it out to no avail.

So spring came and I really wanted these heated seats sorted out even thou it was spring time and not as cold as it was in winter. "When I really needed them"

So I went in..... and Googgled the hell out of Google to find a solution .. Finally I came a cross a Polish member on this forum that told me one of he's mates had done this before and had got it working with a relay of some sort.

So I managed to get this guys number off a polish forum... spoke to him and bob's your uncle.

Gave the number to Ash and he explained.. the in's and out's of how he managed to get it working.

Then it was a case for Ash to impalement what the guy said to do on my seats.

As Ash was a really busy guy he kindly fitted me in on a bank holiday to install these relays I had bought a few weeks ago.

Spent the whole day at his more or less ....and finally got them working ......

The smile on my face was priceless at the end:) After 6 months of trying figuring this out.

Can't recommend him enough, he is such a helpful person and the work he done was top class.

I'm looking forward too seeing him again in the future for more installments
.:salute:

Digzz

Reactions: MrHSingh, voorhees, Ads and 1 other person
Thanks mate, im glad we finally go it all working... now i just need to get those seats out of your car and into mine mwahahaha

Reactions: aky20, Ads and J.R.
Glad to hear you guys came across a milestone, well done to you both.

Would it be possible for a write up in the near future for anyone else thinking of doing the same?

Ahhh awesome work. Well done Diggz & Ash.

Its always very rewarding when you spank milestones like this. Ash I may get in touch for some friendly advice in the near future :p

Yep, Ash definitely knows his ish!

I should have listened to him when he recoded my stereo to make the Aux-in work and the fader option reappear. But I got scared and told him to put the coding back to how it was.
Turns out he was right, and when I did the same coding again myself everything started to work.

Moral of these stories: Apart from taste in (white) shoes, Ash knows best. :yes:

Reactions: Ash187
LOL Ads you should start rocking the white shoes now mate! it will go nicely with your white sirocco.
so you changed it all back then? how does the bass sound cos i remember you saying that it didnt sound as nice when coded correctly

how does the bass sound cos i remember you saying that it didnt sound as nice when coded correctly

Yeah it sounds fine mate. When you did the coding I think I was too focused on it sounding quiet at say 30% volume, but since putting your coding back in I can turn the volume up to about 80% (which sounds about the same as 30% pre-coding) without it being unbearably loud. Before the coding I could only go to about 40% before things started to distort.

Basically, the range of volume control is a lot wider now, and the top end has much better clarity with a lot less bass/mid/treble crush.

The odd thing is that it takes about half an hour for the aux and fader to start working after the coding changes, but apparently this is common.

LOL Ads you should start rocking the white shoes now mate! it will go nicely with your white sirocco.

I love white shoes... I have a white car.

Ads - Join the group :)

One step at a time guys, one step at a time.

Digzz - what you saying about getting some white shoes?? :cool:

Digzz - what you saying about getting some white shoes?? :cool:

lol I'll have to say some black shoes for me ......Black on Black. :arco:

Reactions: Ads
Guy's that was me just testing to see how much it would go for on ebay. I was considering a A5 which is my next car.

But I've decided not to sell up yet as I really don't like not to finish off a project that I've already started and not finished. ;)

well it went for a decent amount dude! that would have me tempted!

The time I've finished my car hopefully it will go for more. Plus I need a bit more doh on top for an A5 :wub:.

The time I've finished my car hopefully it will go for more. Plus I need a bit more doh on top for an A5 :wub:.

whats left to dooo???? If you decide to sell up shortly.... Give a shout my way!

whats left to dooo???? If you decide to sell up shortly.... Give a shout my way!

I got a few surprises coming this month I'll give a update in my progress thread very soon. I probably won't be selling up until at least next year now.

But if your still interested I'll shout you.