Massive IT Failure Affects All Audi 2020 A4 vehicles

I have just been informed by one of the salesmen at my dealership that the “MY20 A4 myAudi login issues have been resolved. A software update is now available for vehicles with production week until week 46/2019”. This was sent out via the Audi dealer hub network.

I will be chasing tomorrow to see when it is available.

1D2D4188 038D 4B56 9748 694BF2E53A51 Sorry, very poor image sent to me!

How do you determine production week. This seems like it would be for cars prior to mine as I didn’t take delivery until earlier this week ?

I’d be keen to find out if this update fixes any other issues as my login issue and installation loop seems to have resolved however still missing features as per previous posts and discussed by [mention]WarwickBoy [/mention]. I have had two installations on the car over the last couple of days though but haven’t noticed any difference these have said “your purchased products are now ready”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I’d be keen to find out if this update fixes any other issues as my login issue and installation loop seems to have resolved however still missing features as per previous posts and discussed by [mention]WarwickBoy [/mention]. I have had two installations on the car over the last couple of days though but haven’t noticed any difference these have said “your purchased products are now ready”

Same. Plus a map update.

I have just been informed by one of the salesmen at my dealership that the “MY20 A4 myAudi login issues have been resolved. A software update is now available for vehicles with production week until week 46/2019”. This was sent out via the Audi dealer hub network.

I will be chasing tomorrow to see when it is available.

For the absence of doubt, is this software update one which you must visit the dealer to get?

Also does "MY20 A4 myAudi login issues have been resolved" mean that just the "login loop" issue is fixed, or does this also cover other related issues such as
- Do you see 'Received Destination and Tours" and in the MMI under Navigation? (No)
- Can you send a destination/route to the car from the MyAudi mobile app
- Can you send a destination to the Car from Google maps?
- Can you update new maps in your car using USB method

In my car today, at ignition switch on I got one update;
Upload 2020 3 20 20 26 52

Followed by a licence screen:

Upload 2020 3 20 20 27 40

However, none of the issues above seem to have been resolved. Post update my information is thus;

Upload 2020 3 20 20 28 26

Does the 2020 A4/S4 does not have a SD card slot? I can't find one in my car.

Stay safe everyone :icon thumright:

As this information was only brought to light late on this afternoon and not having spoken to anyone regarding this as yet, there is no point in assuming or speculating what the new software will do until someone has it installed. When I spoke earlier in the week to the master tech at my dealership he did tell me that a software update such as this one would not be available “over the air” but would need to be carried out in the workshop.
Whatever information I can get tomorrow I will pass on through this thread.

Reactions: WarwickBoy
I have just collected my Avant 40 TFSI Black Edition, sw is version 3248, I can sedn routs to the car and they are visible in the car Nacigation, have not tried a map update

Reactions: WarwickBoy
The following is a copy of the statement issued via the Audi Dealer Hub,

MY20 A4 myAudi login issues resolved.

Update 20 March 2020: a software update is now available for vehicles with production week until week 46/2019. The TPIs for each model will be published soon - check ElsaPro for instructions.

With the software update the myAudi login can be conducted, but the login data does not remain saved as it happens to MY20 A4 vehicles with a production week of 46/2019 or later.

This issue also affects the service portly which means that the myAudi PIN status cannot be displayed.

Model year 2020 (MY20) A4 vehicles built up to production week46 2019, currently have the myAudi login in the car temporarily disabled.

The myAudi login is required for destination entry through myAudi and Twitter, for example. This issue does not affect the ability to become a key user in an A4 vehicle.

For MY20 A4 vehicles with a production week of 46 2019 or later, you are able to login to the car, however it will not save the login details.

Software updates are required to resolve both errors but are currently unavailable, we will update this article as soon as these become available.

My vehicle was checked on the "system" and there is no recall notice regarding the software update but I have booked it in on Tuesday 21st, my first available time slot, to get it done.

Hope this helps but it seems that before and after week 46 2019 production we all have some software issues.

I contacted Audi digital services and got this response.
We confirm that the software update for your vehicle has not yet been released. You can contact your local dealer and ask to be informed about when this update will be available for your vehicle.

We appreciate your cooperation.

I have just collected my Avant 40 TFSI Black Edition, sw is version 3248, I can sedn routs to the car and they are visible in the car Nacigation, have not tried a map update

I spoke too soon now I am getting The selected user has not been used in this vehicle for a while Please enter the myAudi user data again."

This is infuriating, as the MMI on my previous A4 just worked...

@veltror yours being post week 46 2019 build the following statement from my earlier post applies;

For MY20 A4 vehicles with a production week of 46 2019 or later, you are able to login to the car, however it will not save the login details.

Hence the message to enter the MyAudi data again.

Indeed, but not every time sometimes it works sometimes it does not there is no pattern nor anything I can see to cause the issue, look pretty RND () to me.... the Stealer has no further info.... not that I am surprised

Well, looks like I'm one more A4 2020 owner having the issue with the MMI asking to log in every once in a while. I'm also getting the message "The selected user has not been used in this vehicle for a while Please enter the myAudi user data again."

this is so annoying and is taking off the enjoyment of my very first Audi and that feeling that I was getting the "real German Hi-tech machine" it's very frustrating. But what makes me cringe more is the dealer haven't mentioned anything about when he delivered the car less than a month ago.

But now I can understand why so many fake smiles and bad jokes including some about my nationality. Anyway, are there any updates regarding the fix of this mess?

Last edited:
I am from the Netherlands and my A4 Avant 2020 has been delivered in October 2019. I have exactly the same problems as described above. I recently drove a loan Audi A1 with same MMI touch screen (MIB3) and that was a very different experience, there were a lot more buttons with functionality on several pages, which seem to be missing in my A4. Also my map- and software updates are not working, not via USB and not via LTE. By the way, if you download the map updates via MyAudi.com, you will only find 2 folders, MIB1 and MIB2. MIB3 is missing, so that means that updates via USB is only for Audi-cars with a touch pad controller in the central console (MIB2). In my opinion, for new Audis it is most likely meant to be working only via LTE.
The LTE data rate in my car is very slow, resulting in blurry Google Earth overlay charts. Every day I have to log in into my own car, with my Audi account. So I'm anxiously waiting for a software update, hopefully in the near future. The "Connection settings" of my car which shows only 3 options (Bluetooth, WLAN, Data package), in comparison to the loan Audi A1, I seem to be missing "Mobile network" on that page...
This A1 is litte older than my A4. How many versions within MIB3 do they have?

Hi all, I have been following the posts since I got my A4 2020, in februari this year. Also from the Netherlands.

The car:
Audi A4, 35TFSI 2020:
Production week: 8, 2020
Software 3248
MMI: release-32.9-1928-SNAPSHOT-04.09.2019-13:41:01
Hardware: H8W2035043
Software: MHI3_ER_AUG45S_P3248
Navigation update was applied two weeks ago or something..
Was able to send destinations to the car, but very buggy. Most of the time it didn’t work

The login issue drove me up the wall. The most annoying is the switching between user profiles which took about 1-2 minutes back and forth. So I started to ditch the MyAudi App, as well as CarPlay and the main account.

Carplay
I stopped using CarPlay since it turned out to be very buggy. WhatsApp calls, switching between MMI and CarPlay. Also found out that even if you switched off notifications from WhatsApp; still receiving messages which switched the MMI back to CarPlay. Even when in navigation..

Guest account
Until the update arrives I will be using the Guest account. The only downside to this is that you have to select it on entering the car, and then click on the disclaimer that appears after this.
And stating the obvious, you wont be able to send destinations from your phone etc.

And then you will be good to go.

So:
1. Select user—> Guest account
2. disclaimer appears Online blablablabla, go private or accept.

The upsides to this:
Guest account works just like any other account, saves navigation locations etc. Car settings will be saved, audio preferences etc.
No more login issues, no more MyAudi issues or CarPlay issues.

For people with Spotify on their iPhone;
1. Select a playlist on your phone,
2. Use the MMI media to select your phone (USB sounds way better than Bluetooth)
3. Then either hit ‘recently played’ or press the play button on your phone, and your good to go. You can skip tracks etc. It works fine.

Low LTE connection
Had the same issue, dealer even said the car had an ‘ethernet cable issue’, but they didn’t replace that part but only did a reset, after that there wasn’t any error. But for this time, it seems to have a steady connection. (Since a week or 2)

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Earlier this week my car received a software update to the part numbers described above. I am now able to send destinations from the Audi App to my car. And Google Earth overlay and Online Traffic appears quick in the Virtual Cockpit in comparison to the previous software configuration. Still lot of things still don't work like Weather, News, software update via LTE and logout of my car regularly etc.

A4Config

Earlier this week my car received a software update to the part numbers described above. I am now able to send destinations from the Audi App to my car. And Google Earth overlay and Online Traffic appears quick in the Virtual Cockpit in comparison to the previous software configuration. Still lot of things still don't work like Weather, News, software update via LTE and logout of my car regularly etc.

View attachment 200623
Did you get this update at Audi service or you did by yourself? I finally got an appointment at Audi next week and they said they have a final solution for all these issues. I really hope this is true because theres nothing more frustrating than this complete failure of the System.

Did you get this update at Audi service or you did by yourself? I finally got an appointment at Audi next week and they said they have a final solution for all these issues. I really hope this is true because theres nothing more frustrating than this complete failure of the System.

This update was done by Audi Service and a lot of malfunctions have been solved but there are still outstanding issues. Like map updates over LTE not working and I am still kicked out of my car without any reason as main-user of my own car a couple of times in a week...
And I totally agree that this is NOT an Audi "Vorsprung durch Technik" experience.

OOOOOH Hope this isn't a false start. Booked in for 8th June

Hope this email finds you well.

Please check the below answer we have just received from our technical team:

There is a software update for the connected gateway (cGW) available now. Please visit your authorized workshop. Kindly ask the workshop to contact us, so we can provide them specific guidance on what needs to be done.

Last edited:
Reactions: thorpemark1
Hey there

I have a 2020 A4 Avant which was delivered in February. I have an issue that’s mentioned in this thread - the connection with the myAudi app and webinterface is super wonky.

The connection is fine as long as the engine is running and some minutes after it has been turned off, but at any other time I will get an error message when I try to update the car status in the iOS app or the web interface. It just says the vehicle status could not be updated. I’m setup as key user.

This makes myAudi pretty much useless to me. Has anyone found a solution?

Reactions: thorpemark1
Finally got an answer to this, wasn’t exactly the thing I wanted to hear tho...

There will be an update to solve these problems, the release date is....

week 25/2020:wtf:

Hi all, been following this page for some time now as I'm experiencing all the same problems with my A4 2020 which was delivered on the 1st of November 2019. It's a real nightmare with the the MM, but i finally got called last week by the dealer that there has been a fix for it which is done by a software update next Tuesday. It should work in 90% of the cars he told me an if it's not working they need to change the unit from the MMI.

It now has software version 3174 so i'm looking forward to get the update an let you guys know which version i got.

Another MyAudi update has been released on IOS, version 3.18.1. Amongst some other stuff there were also bugfixes. I was wondering if this resolves some of the connection issues between the car and the app.

Would like to hear from those who are still using the app.

Since the last few app updates have come through I have noticed a huge improvement in the reliability of the app. Connection to the car is much quicker and the status retrieval hasn’t failed since. The map functionality now gives me the option to send a route/destination to the car however the car is still not able to receive the destination and the tours icon does not appear on the MMI. I can only assume that this requires the update mentioned by others at the dealer.

Reactions: Still_Dre
I have connection problems with the myAudi iOS app. The app can only update while in the car and some minutes after leaving the car.

Got hold of Audi Digital Services in Denmark today. They looked into the issue and later informed me that there’s a software update. Now I need to book an appointment at the dealer and hopefully this will solve the issue.

Reactions: Still_Dre and thorpemark1
Hi all, been following this page for some time now as I'm experiencing all the same problems with my A4 2020 which was delivered on the 1st of November 2019. It's a real nightmare with the the MM, but i finally got called last week by the dealer that there has been a fix for it which is done by a software update next Tuesday. It should work in 90% of the cars he told me an if it's not working they need to change the unit from the MMI.

It now has software version 3174 so i'm looking forward to get the update an let you guys know which version i got.

Hi Peter. Just wondering how you got on. Did you receive any software update ? Thanks in advance.

I have connection problems with the myAudi iOS app. The app can only update while in the car and some minutes after leaving the car.

Got hold of Audi Digital Services in Denmark today. They looked into the issue and later informed me that there’s a software update. Now I need to book an appointment at the dealer and hopefully this will solve the issue.

So, went to the dealer today for the software update and it seems like it has solved the issue for me. Its 30 mins since I parked the car and I can still update car status in the myAudi app. The software version is now 3248 if that makes sense to anybody

So, went to the dealer today for the software update and it seems like it has solved the issue for me. Its 30 mins since I parked the car and I can still update car status in the myAudi app. The software version is now 3248 if that makes sense to anybody

Great to know, Although I'm already 3248 (as it was delivered ) and have the issue..

Great to know, Although I'm already 3248 (as it was delivered ) and have the issue..

Hmm weird, it clearly made the difference for me. What’s your MMI softwareversion?

Mine is “32.9-1928-snapshot-04-09-2019”.

That’s a shame. I know there was an update for 2019 cars. I was told they had a new one for 2020 cars. Appears my car already has this. (But has all the issues described)

980f4d0997f237a9810bccbde7a2c366.jpg

Audi connect confirm there is an update for my car. So I guess I’ll still take it to the dealer and see if they what they can do.
Audi connect , have stated to ask the dealer to contact them if they need support with the issue.

Ah sorry to hear man. Beats me how the same cars with the same software can act so differently.
304e3fbc274a1414fa6796d82545fe9c.jpg

1eda1d10eccf262599480247da93e471.jpg

Hi Peter. Just wondering how you got on. Did you receive any software update ? Thanks in advance.
Sorry but wanted to do some proper testing first before having it reviewed ;-). So got the update almost 2 weeks ago, version 3248.
Looked like it was working in the beginning, when i connected the phone to the car after i got it back from the garage it said it has received a route which was send through the app.
Drove like 2k km since an the problems with the MMI restarting/failing during a ride is solved an didn't happen since, even when using Apple Carplay. Though the app isn't working, still... not possible to send routes anymore ever since the first connect after the update, not able to unlock the doors from the app, so still disappointing after having the car almost 7 months but still having issues..
So after all i believe the update did solve a lot of problems but we're still not there yet, waiting for a reply from Audi when there will be a new update....again.

Sorry but wanted to do some proper testing first before having it reviewed ;-). So got the update almost 2 weeks ago, version 3248.
Looked like it was working in the beginning, when i connected the phone to the car after i got it back from the garage it said it has received a route which was send through the app.
Drove like 2k km since an the problems with the MMI restarting/failing during a ride is solved an didn't happen since, even when using Apple Carplay. Though the app isn't working, still... not possible to send routes anymore ever since the first connect after the update, not able to unlock the doors from the app, so still disappointing after having the car almost 7 months but still having issues..
So after all i believe the update did solve a lot of problems but we're still not there yet, waiting for a reply from Audi when there will be a new update....again.

I have the same experience as you have after the update from 3174 to 3248. The LTE data rate is slow at times resulting in blurry GoogleEarth images (see photo). I still get the message "The Selected user has not been used in this vehicle . . . switch to the guest user account" twice a week or so... Navigation maps NOT updating. Maps 05-2019 still active... So very disappointing.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    594.2 KB · Views: 454
Mines Booked in for Monday . I rang Audi connect to check I won't be wasting my time.. They advised its not a software update , but I procedure the dealer should follow with a TPI number 2059215 .
Not entirly sure whether to take it in now, as they did say there would likely be a software update in the future

Reactions: gimk
I just got ”a control module” update (at audi) to solve all these problems. I have had the 3248 firmware since delivery of the car. Firmware version was not changed by the update, it took maybe 2 hours or so.

I can now confirm that these work:
-update car info/status
-send destinations from myaudi app
-lock/unlock from app

It says in myaudi website that I can update navigation via audi mmi (online). This I cannot confirm, I have EU 2019.11 maps

Hi All,

Was contacted last week to book an appointment for a control module update. After two hours the phone rang; It seems that you already had the right software, and there is no update available. :shutup2:
Also; last week I specifically asked which version it was. They explicitly told that the update was necessary, adding to the fury; It seems that your car was delivered with the current version..:rtfm: So; even this dealer doesn’t seem to know which cars have which version number..

Furthermore, let the dealer know about the failing LTE connection. The response; “The car didn’t give a error so we won’t pursue the issue. There are no complaints known about bad LTE connections.. Maybe an update in the future will set this issue straight..”
It won’t take rocket science to realize that the bad LTE connection will result in failing connections with the phone and the app.. But it seems this dealer is more busy with keeping is pocketbook in his pocket, than actually do something for their customers.

So I’m pretty much done for this brand. This will definitely be my first and last Audi.