MarkJames's Countdown begins - 30 days

markjames

Reaction score
Hi all,

have been looking forward to starting my countdown :sm4: - call from dealer to confirm that I can collect my A3 on the 28th-30th July give or take a few day, so 30 days left! In usual fashion I am waiting for Sandra's encouragement to get me through this next month (p.s. for any song suggestions I am a diehard hiphop fan!)

3dr S-Line 1.6 TDI S-stronic, Glacier white with privacy glass, comfort package and Audi sound system.

Mark

Reactions: Sandra
Nice one mark, what flavour is your Audi, and what options to you have?

Hi Mark,

here's what I ordered:

3dr S-Line 1.6 TDI S-stronic, Glacier white with privacy glass, comfort package and Audi sound system.

they told me there was a big delay on automatics at the moment, ordered 1st feb, can't wait now! Not seen many glacier 3drs with privacy glass, I think people think its a bit drug dealerish but I love it :D

I've had a few drug dealer comments from work colleagues! Said it might stop chavy kids scratching it ha ha!

Hi Mark,

here's what I ordered:

they told me there was a big delay on automatics at the moment, ordered 1st feb, can't wait now! Not seen many glacier 3drs with privacy glass, I think people think its a bit drug dealerish but I love it :D

haha...yes I have heard that too, Ruthus put a pic up upon delivery, it did look stunning.

Reactions: Ruthus_1
I've had a few drug dealer comments from work colleagues! Said it might stop chavy kids scratching it ha ha!

Can but hope Ruthus! Terrified of people damaging it... fortunately as I have a blue badge, I get the big parking bays to keep other people's mits from denting my doors...

Has anyone had any experience here of requesting a discount because of such a long wait? As my delivery date was 15th May, I was debating asking for either the soundsystem upgrade free, or atleast a full tank of fuel. unfortunately I am a push over and terrible at negotiations... do you think I am in the right to do so?

I got 3/4 of a tank of fuel any way when I picked mine up!

Update from Dealer to say that car is early, awaiting shipping and will be a maximum of 2 weeks! :rockwoot:

Reactions: SportbackStu and Sandra
​Wow Mark, better get myself organised with your music. :) x

Yesterday, my dealer told me I could collect it next Wednesday AM, and that it was enroute to the dealership on Friday. So very excited, I had put it to the back of my mind until next week.

However, a friend who works there just messaged me a photo of a newly delivered 1.6TDI auto A3.... think this one is mine! Kind of wish I hadn't seen it, as now the next 5 days are going to feel like a year...

Photo

Reactions: Fragup and Coxy234
Yesterday, my dealer told me I could collect it next Wednesday AM, and that it was enroute to the dealership on Friday. So very excited, I had put it to the back of my mind until next week.

However, a friend who works there just messaged me a photo of a newly delivered 1.6TDI auto A3.... think this one is mine! Kind of wish I hadn't seen it, as now the next 5 days are going to feel like a year...

View attachment 17941
hi mark, looks like you car! It's definitely an s-line(can see the vent on front bumper side). Hope the next 5 days go quickly for you! Mark

Reactions: markjames
hi mark, looks like you car! It's definitely an s-line(can see the vent on front bumper side). Hope the next 5 days go quickly for you! Mark

Yeah and has the spec'd privacy glass and cruise control (so I was told) - 100%! very excited now. Il get better photos when I get it.

So, my car has been at Audi for nearly 2 weeks now, being fitted with my hand controls (adaptions). However, the supplier hasn't made hand controls for the new A3 yet, so they are having to source elsewhere! The car is beautiful... frustrated I can't drive it yet lol! Will try post a good photo of it tomorrow.

Saw a glacier white 3 door with privacy glass the other day at a dealer (was one of the salesmans I think) looked amazing. Will be worth the wait.

Thank you, I can't wait. The company fitting the controls called me today and in their words "I bet you are itching to get your hands on it, this car is absolutely beautiful". - Audi have excelled themselves with this S-Line design.

Oh - and go for Misano red and get alloys sprayed amphasite!

Definitely will have s line c.o.d. 3 door Misano red, pano roof and privacy glass, plus few bit inc audi sound system.sall decided now but iPad won't let me change signature at bottom of post, unless I'm missing something.
Down side is wont get car till late in year, so compared to me your wait looks really good.
Very jealous

Thank you, I can't wait. The company fitting the controls called me today and in their words "I bet you are itching to get your hands on it, this car is absolutely beautiful". - Audi have excelled themselves with this S-Line design.

Haha! I think they are keeping your car for themselves......they are very clever people!!!....lol. Seriously, hope you get it soon.

iPad won't let me change signature at bottom of post, unless I'm missing something.

I had this issue with my iPad.
After logging in, at top of the page, there is a "settings" tab. Then after pressing this, on the LHS, there is a field to edit your signature. Hope this helps.

Changing your signature on an ipad is just the same as when your on a pc. Any difficulties, just ping me a om of the changes and i will do it. (from my ipad) lol. :) Mark James good luck with the car collection i hope its soon. Sporty Mark, thats you dwn to around 6weeks now, time has flown in, you may not agree though. :) x

Sandra, yes time is flying, still hoping for 1st sept delivery, just praying there are no delays at the port or the dealers, and of course build date slippage!
"sporty mark" I like that, much easier to say.......as long as you really do mean me, after all, we have been here before! Lol.

Reactions: Sandra
I had this issue with my iPad.
After logging in, at top of the page, there is a "settings" tab. Then after pressing this, on the LHS, there is a field to edit your signature. Hope this helps.

thanks, Sorted it just after I posted.

Now I can change it again when I order I a week or so !

and can then i put a vote on colour poll for a Misano red, as needs some help getting up the table !!!

Sandra, yes time is flying, still hoping for 1st sept delivery, just praying there are no delays at the port or the dealers, and of course build date slippage!
"sporty mark" I like that, much easier to say.......as long as you really do mean me, after all, we have been here before! Lol.

Lol, just too many marks. So yes your now Sporty Mark. :) x

Reactions: A3sportbackMark
Collect tomorrow morning :arco:

Good luck tomorrow, im sure you will be having some trouble sleeping tonight. Enjoy your collection and first drive. We all look forward to pics tomorrow if you have the time and can drag yourself out from behind the wheel to get the camera out. Be safe and enjoy. :) x

Good luck tomorrow, im sure you will be having some trouble sleeping tonight. Enjoy your collection and first drive. We all look forward to pics tomorrow if you have the time and can drag yourself out from behind the wheel to get the camera out. Be safe and enjoy. :) x

In love!

Reactions: Sandra, Fragup and Karl Alesbury