Maps update?

Raul_sbd

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I did an update to my maps recently through myAudi and they got successfully updated to 2019 as it says on the map version on the mmi. Now I have noticed that there are other maps on myAudi saying Europe 2019/2020 maps.. are those the same I have just installed on my car?

could someone confirm if they are new maps out? Or just the same ones I had? How often Audi release new maps?

Many thanks!

Reactions: luke1980
Hello guys,

I did an update to my maps recently through myAudi and they got successfully updated to 2019 as it says on the map version on the mmi. Now I have noticed that there are other maps on myAudi saying Europe 2019/2020 maps.. are those the same I have just installed on my car?

could someone confirm if they are new maps out? Or just the same ones I had? How often Audi release new maps?

Many thanks!

Would be interested to know this too as never updated my maps as use Waze but still interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The maps are updated twice year,y and follow the convention of a single year for the first update then the current year and next year for the next. So, if I am correct 2019/2020 should be the latest...

Will it b a point updating to 2019/2020 or just wait to the 2020? When should the 2020 be out approx?

2019/20 are the latest ones and newest ones. It must have been released around a week ago because I keep checking as 2019 maps were out for ages, way longer than the norm. I was told that your free updates are counted per releases, not when you download them. So if you guys are thinking of waiting and only updating when "you" think you need it then you might be out of luck!

Reactions: Raul_sbd
2019/20 are the latest ones and newest ones. It must have been released around a week ago because I keep checking as 2019 maps were out for ages, way longer than the norm. I was told that your free updates are counted per releases, not when you download them. So if you guys are thinking of waiting and only updating when "you" think you need it then you might be out of luck!
Downloading now 2019/20 maps... when do your reckon 2020 will b out? This will b my 2nd update after the one I did 2 weeks ago when I got the car 2019..

Reactions: Ormesome
2019/2010 have only just been released today (Again), Audi pulled them 6 months ago and the myAudi site was showing the 2019 maps as of the weekend. The question is now, will they give the tech pack people an extra 6 months (1 extra update) for free.. Think I'll give them a ring this week.

Is anyone else having trouble with the updater? i have over 50gb left on my MacBook but the Java application keeps telling me there is no space to store the maps. I can't even see my USB stick in the file option.

Is anyone else having trouble with the updater? i have over 50gb left on my MacBook but the Java application keeps telling me there is no space to store the maps. I can't even see my USB stick in the file option.

I did mine yesterday, worked fine to a 64GB SD card. I did get that issue where it "ran out of space" but you have to set the target to the removable media. Make sure the device is plugged in before launching the updater

I did mine yesterday, worked fine to a 64GB SD card. I did get that issue where it "ran out of space" but you have to set the target to the removable media. Make sure the device is plugged in before launching the updater

Cheers mate. Ill give this a try. I was putting it in after it had downloaded.

had the same problem. You need to setup the temp file and the final destination as the sdcard or usb stick. My hard drive in the Mac isn’t big as everything is saved on the cloud so don’t need a large drive but for things like this it’s a pain. The Mac is more just a terminal to access all my stuff everywhere else.

On my case with my Mac plenty hhd space but the Java app is not giving me the option to select the sd card not sure why. So set the download location to a folder on my desktop and then transfer to my sd card all the content.
Not sure why the java app doesn’t recognise my sd card directly but my Mac can..

On my case with my Mac plenty hhd space but the Java app is not giving me the option to select the sd card not sure why. So set the download location to a folder on my desktop and then transfer to my sd card all the content.
Not sure why the java app doesn’t recognise my sd card directly but my Mac can..

think that’s a new-ish security feature in macOS.
Apps like java need permission to access drives and other stuff.

Gave the permission for the java app to launch.. also I’m pretty sure I inserted the sd card before launching the update app, still did not recognise it. Anyway all sorted by coping files to local desktop and then moving them to the sd card.

2nd map update I do on my case and my connect services run out on July 2021.. does it means I have 4 more updates free? Bit confusing

Gave the permission for the java app to launch.. also I’m pretty sure I inserted the sd card before launching the update app, still did not recognise it. Anyway all sorted by coping files to local desktop and then moving them to the sd card.

2nd map update I do on my case and my connect services run out on July 2021.. does it means I have 4 more updates free? Bit confusing

try creating the sdcard as a virtual drive instead as some apps don’t like temp drives/usb sticks. Larger usb sticks can be setup as a real Hdd rather than a moveable hdd.
Failing all that install windows on boot camp or run windows as a virtual machine. Sometimes macOS can be a pain.

there new maps every 6 months or so. So in 3 years ownership there should be 6 but that includes the current one at the time when you bought the car so really only 5 as I figured out on my last car with connect.

had the same problem. You need to setup the temp file and the final destination as the sdcard or usb stick. My hard drive in the Mac isn’t big as everything is saved on the cloud so don’t need a large drive but for things like this it’s a pain. The Mac is more just a terminal to access all my stuff everywhere else.

I'll try this. Just out of interest, trying to upgrade my cloud storage as I pay for Flickr & 200gb with icloud but realise i could prob get the 1tb icloud storage for a similar price. What options do you choose?

I'll try this. Just out of interest, trying to upgrade my cloud storage as I pay for Flickr & 200gb with icloud but realise i could prob get the 1tb icloud storage for a similar price. What options do you choose?
I have the 1tb iCloud and that does it for my personal stuff. Got iPhones, iPads , macs etc that all gets backed up on iCloud so can access anything with any Apple device. To be fair my iPad Pro does almost everything so Mac rarely gets used now.
For work stuff I was using drop box pro but that got messy sharing across platforms and version control was a bit of an issue with lots of users.
drop box used to do 1 tb or similar for free for consumer but don’t think they are offering that anymore. It was ok but you couldn’t backup your phone and stuff like iCloud does just individual things like files and photos.

I have the 1tb iCloud and that does it for my personal stuff. Got iPhones, iPads , macs etc that all gets backed up on iCloud so can access anything with any Apple device. To be fair my iPad Pro does almost everything so Mac rarely gets used now.
For work stuff I was using drop box pro but that got messy sharing across platforms and version control was a bit of an issue with lots of users.
drop box used to do 1 tb or similar for free for consumer but don’t think they are offering that anymore. It was ok but you couldn’t backup your phone and stuff like iCloud does just individual things like files and photos.

Ok cool. it's just photo storage i need really as the 200gb icloud is fine for me. But i don't fancy storing 150gb of photos on icloud. Its fine for the iPhone usage but nothing more. perhaps as files instead of photos.

One question is... during the map update process via sd card can you turn off the car and then will continue when you restart the car or you have to wait until 100% completed?

Thanks guys

One question is... during the map update process via sd card can you turn off the car and then will continue when you restart the car or you have to wait until 100% completed?

Thanks guys
YES, the car will update from SD card when turned off. I have done this a couple of times

Thanks guys

just keeps running till it’s done in the background after you switch off.
You will probably find next time you start the car it will say update successful

Ok cool. it's just photo storage i need really as the 200gb icloud is fine for me. But i don't fancy storing 150gb of photos on icloud. Its fine for the iPhone usage but nothing more. perhaps as files instead of photos.

I have something like 3-400gb of photos on my iCloud. Got every digital photo on there since the late 90s. Got fed up with cd’s, DVD’s and even floppy disks full of backups so shoved them all on iCloud.

just keeps running till it’s done in the background after you switch off.
You will probably find next time you start the car it will say update successful
Oh well next I know now for next time.. my neighbours will think I’m going to move to live in my car..

Oh well next I know now for next time.. my neighbours will think I’m going to move to live in my car..

takes a couple of hours if you let it run through.
Stick a dvd on and it will be done at the end of film :wink:

Got mine to work, installing them now. Are there any improvements to the mapping? any new features? Also, is there any news on what might happen when GoogleMaps stops working in Dec 2020?

2020 maps available now?

Since when? Is there any improvements or new features?

Thanks guys

2020 maps available now?

Since when? Is there any improvements or new features?

Thanks guys

All you get is new roads appearing in the sat nav. No features or improvements unless you get the mmi Firmware updates.

All you get is new roads appearing in the sat nav. No features or improvements unless you get the mmi Firmware updates.
Is there any mmi firmware updates? Also how do you get the speed limits you get on the mmi monitor when you display the maps on the virtual cockpit? Or is not possible?

Is there any mmi firmware updates? Also how do you get the speed limits you get on the mmi monitor when you display the maps on the virtual cockpit? Or is not possible?
Which softwareversion do you have now?

You mean Traffic Sign Recognition, you need a front camera in the windshield for it.

speed limit shows on the mmi but not vc. Never had for me anyway. My mmi is on 1168 and has been since factory.

Software 1171..? Is that the one?

This is the speed limit I refer to.. is not on my car as cba coming down for the pict but it’s the same in mine it shows on mmi but not on the virtual cockpit

speed limit shows on the mmi but not vc. Never had for me anyway. My mmi is on 1168 and has been since factory.
There is one newer version. Great improvement, system is much more responsive and enabling video in motion works again.

There is one newer version. Great improvement, system is much more responsive and enabling video in motion works again.
I though you only could enable video in motion via Vcds..

is then 1171 the last one?

I though you only could enable video in motion via Vcds..

is then 1171 the last one?
You need Vcp or obd11 for enabling VIM on the 8V.

No, 1326 is the latest.

Do you update mmi firmware at the dealers or can be done from the mmi?

Wow that looks so different version to mine.. maybe coz my car is a Q2?.. I will need to ask for the update on my next service..

Dealership

Edit: did not see that you have a Q2. Latest is 1325 not 1326.
Will it be different on a Q2? That on an A3? Where can I check what the last update is for my car? Dealers also?

Obd11 app works with the new version?
What’s the latest version number?