Maps finally updated...on its own.

I have an Audi Q3 2019 with MIB3. Is there a solution to enable navigation and Apple Carplay?

I think I'm in the same situation.
Please, can someone help me to understand what procedure I've to follow to unlock my mmi (mib 1, I suppose...)?
My software code is "MHIG..." and I didn't found any modded firmware in the repository of the post #74 (MHIG folder is empty). Can I apply the M.I.B. hack on the original firmware as well?

Thanks.
Yes, you can.

Thanks, henkkeumus.
I think I flashed M.I.B. correctly on May mib 1. Now how I have to do to access to GEM? Nav+radio or nav+media seems not working to me.

I'm pretty sure the MIB patching is for MIB2 only.
It does say this in the read me notes
M.I.B. is running on Harman MHI2(Q) units (MIB 2.x) only.

Ok.
So, is there a way to unlock and update maps on mib1 after audi’s official release period?

I'm not sure I haven't looked in to it.
I've got 23000ee fec code I've got the downloaded maps on a 64gb usb that's formatted as exfat & my unit can find the map update.
What have I done wrong?

I'm not sure I haven't looked in to it.
I've got 23000ee fec code I've got the downloaded maps on a 64gb usb that's formatted as exfat & my unit can find the map update.
What have I done wrong?
Sorted the USB doesn't recognise exfat. Memory card does. So I format to NTFS. System then found the update.

@Booboo Did you manage to flash your A4 B9? If so, any issues? I read your post on briskioda.net re: B&O subwoofers.. I've downloaded all files and planning on updating my A4 B9 (MHI2) tomorrow.

I flashed the stock firmware as I wasn't sure about the B&O to update it. I know on the B8 if you flashed the firmware and didn't manually select to ignore the Bose it would knacker it up. I doubt the newer firmware would bring anything new anyway.
No issues at mate. 2022/2023 Map update accepted too. I already had Android auto etc anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Comrade
I flashed the stock firmware as I wasn't sure about the B&O to update it. I know on the B8 if you flashed the firmware and didn't manually select to ignore the Bose it would knacker it up. I doubt the newer firmware would bring anything new anyway.
No issues at mate. 2022/2023 Map update accepted too. I already had Android auto etc anyway.
Thanks @Booboo - I'll go ahead and update my firmware. With the backup I create during the install, can I use that to roll back all changes should there be any issues with the new firmware? :blush:

Hey guys, in REM, after I select the 'Update', I'm presented with the option to select the media to uodate from.. I have the formatted card (FAT32) in 'SD card 1' slot but all options are greyed out. Any idea?
20220515 102911

Attachments

• 20220515_102911.jpg
    20220515_102911.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 174
Got to MIB then download M.I.B 3.2.0
With in the program there is a folder called "patches" it say place patches here. Download the folder M.I.B patches & from there select the patch you need and drop that in to the M.I.B patches folder.
Put this on to a fat32 SD card and insert in to SD1.
Then got to you red menu and you should be able to install the More Incredible Bash program "M.I.B. Launcher V1.0". After that Push both buttons, nav & radio forward together. You should now be able to access the green menu. Select backup firmware. Then flash fec.
If you wanted to update your firmware to the latest version first that can be found on the page M.I.B too
Go to the MIB readme file for more info

Hey,

All working fine for me indeed.
Yep, keep them both on there.
Hi Henk, Thanks a lot for supporting. I have an Audi A3 2018 dutch car. I have already patched the MIB unit and have 23000ee for map updates. I have tried to update the maps via the VW maps with SD card. I tried many times but I get an error in the Metafile is not compatible with my car. I have MIB2 high. any idea where I am making mistake.

Mmmmm.... Maybe try redownloading the map?
I re-downloaded the maps and my car detect the Nav database, but I am stuck at "start update". the option for "start update" is grey out.

Attachments

• 1658940087491.jpg
    1658940087491.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 166
  • 1658940087507.jpg
    1658940087507.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 161
  • 1658940087555.jpg
    1658940087555.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 168
  • 1658940087580.jpg
    1658940087580.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 165
I use the red engineering menu to update.
I tried with the Audi connect and select update and receive this message. I do not know what mistake I am making.

Attachments

• 1659003356411.jpg
    1659003356411.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 160
Either fec isn't valid or the map isnt for your mmi
I have checked the FEC it is legal and MAP detected as 2022/2023 Nav database but did not start the update. Thanks a lot for your help. Maybe this is not my cup of tea.

My FEC is 0210001c and so far I understand that I need other one 023000ee to use 2021/2022 maps.
I guess I can change FEC by updating firmware of MHIG.
So far, I can't find MHIG patch and that's what I asked for ;)

Or do you know how to change FEC code?

You will need the patched firmware so it will accept the FEC code. All patched firmwares are m.i.b/MIB/m.i.b_Patches_20220625.The firmware folder is just for newly released firmware not the patched versions

You will need the patched firmware so it will accept the FEC code. All patched firmwares are m.i.b/MIB/m.i.b_Patches_20220625.The firmware folder is just for newly released firmware not the patched versions
Okey, that sounds like I'm one step ahead.
Thanks

I can't find any MHIG firmware in this patch package m.i.b/MIB/m.i.b_Patches_20220625.
Do you know where I can find it, or which patch I can use instead? (I guess, I can't use any other)

Like I said before, this is my actual version:
MHIG_EU_AU_S1544
MU 0397

Hi, i have downloaded the 2022-23 maps from VW portal but unfortunately was not enough for my MMI to update them via the SD directly. Reason I guess is because I also get this message from myAudi app that i have exhausted the free attempts (and can only dld and stick with the 2021-22 older maps). So the only way is to hack the firmware with the MIB 3.3.3 (red-green menu process etc)?
(I have MIB2 High , with the 0230002A coode). So if I will use the MIB firmware, then this content from the VW portal will update directly?

(I have MIB2 High , with the 0230002A code). So if I will use the MIB firmware, then this content from the VW portal will update directly?

No, if you hack the unit and successfully update the FEC to 023000ff you will have to manually update your maps using a 64GB SD card. They will not auto update/download even if you have a valid Audi Connect license.

No, if you hack the unit and successfully update the FEC to 023000ff you will have to manually update your maps using a 64GB SD card. They will not auto update/download even if you have a valid Audi Connect license.
Thx! I have the SD ready with the maps, i just wanted to be sure that they will work (the ones from VW link, Mib1/2 ect) , once I will do the FEC update.