Maps finally updated...on its own.

henkkeumus

Dutch Retrofitfanatic
I think I'm in the same situation.
Please, can someone help me to understand what procedure I've to follow to unlock my mmi (mib 1, I suppose...)?
My software code is "MHIG..." and I didn't found any modded firmware in the repository of the post #74 (MHIG folder is empty). Can I apply the M.I.B. hack on the original firmware as well?

Thanks.
Yes, you can.

mmikecharlie

Thanks, henkkeumus.
I think I flashed M.I.B. correctly on May mib 1. Now how I have to do to access to GEM? Nav+radio or nav+media seems not working to me.

Booboo

I'm pretty sure the MIB patching is for MIB2 only.
It does say this in the read me notes
M.I.B. is running on Harman MHI2(Q) units (MIB 2.x) only.

Booboo

I'm not sure I haven't looked in to it.
I've got 23000ee fec code I've got the downloaded maps on a 64gb usb that's formatted as exfat & my unit can find the map update.
What have I done wrong?

Booboo

I'm not sure I haven't looked in to it.
I've got 23000ee fec code I've got the downloaded maps on a 64gb usb that's formatted as exfat & my unit can find the map update.
What have I done wrong?
Sorted the USB doesn't recognise exfat. Memory card does. So I format to NTFS. System then found the update.

Comrade

@Booboo Did you manage to flash your A4 B9? If so, any issues? I read your post on briskioda.net re: B&O subwoofers.. I've downloaded all files and planning on updating my A4 B9 (MHI2) tomorrow.

Booboo

I flashed the stock firmware as I wasn't sure about the B&O to update it. I know on the B8 if you flashed the firmware and didn't manually select to ignore the Bose it would knacker it up. I doubt the newer firmware would bring anything new anyway.
No issues at mate. 2022/2023 Map update accepted too. I already had Android auto etc anyway.

Last edited:

Comrade

I flashed the stock firmware as I wasn't sure about the B&O to update it. I know on the B8 if you flashed the firmware and didn't manually select to ignore the Bose it would knacker it up. I doubt the newer firmware would bring anything new anyway.
No issues at mate. 2022/2023 Map update accepted too. I already had Android auto etc anyway.
Thanks @Booboo - I'll go ahead and update my firmware. With the backup I create during the install, can I use that to roll back all changes should there be any issues with the new firmware? :blush:

Comrade

Hey guys, in REM, after I select the 'Update', I'm presented with the option to select the media to uodate from.. I have the formatted card (FAT32) in 'SD card 1' slot but all options are greyed out. Any idea?
20220515_102911.jpg

Attachments

• 20220515_102911.jpg
    20220515_102911.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7

Booboo

Got to MIB then download M.I.B 3.2.0
With in the program there is a folder called "patches" it say place patches here. Download the folder M.I.B patches & from there select the patch you need and drop that in to the M.I.B patches folder.
Put this on to a fat32 SD card and insert in to SD1.
Then got to you red menu and you should be able to install the More Incredible Bash program "M.I.B. Launcher V1.0". After that Push both buttons, nav & radio forward together. You should now be able to access the green menu. Select backup firmware. Then flash fec.
If you wanted to update your firmware to the latest version first that can be found on the page M.I.B too
Go to the MIB readme file for more info