Mapped S3 clutch slip??

jonnyc

Reaction score
Hey

Just wandering if anyone else has experienced this..

Out tonight driving and the clutch is slipping fairly badly.. Not in normal driving just when you get onto the power hard

Pretty annoying, think I may have to go with a stronger clutch

Jonny

I Had the same problem with previous REVO mapped MK5 Gti.

Turned out to be a knackered Dual mass flywheel. Not sure if the S3 has a similar DMF set up but I would guess this might be the problem not the clutch.
The plus point is that the DMF is covered under warranty but the clutch isnt.
My DMF was changed by VW under warranty and a new clutch was also fitted FOC as it had suffered `consequential damage` due the DMF failure. The damper in between the 2 main sections of the DMF had actually collapsed so the flywheel was not getting a square contact with the clutch and therefore slipping just like a worn clutch would do. Obviously 2 different issues but both with the same symptoms.

Hopefully its your DMF and AUDI will pick up the bill.
I would be amazed if the std clutch wasnt strong enough to cope with the relatively modest bhp/torque figures you get from a remap.
:icon_thumright:

Good luck

Paul

Better get it done ready for Inters mate.. Don't want any excuses... Muhahahahahahaha:lmfao:

I remember a similar thread recently, was it Sizzo or Warrencox??? Cant remember.... But it was a knackered DMF and clutch.

I remember a similar thread recently, was it Sizzo or Warrencox??? Cant remember.... But it was a knackered DMF and clutch.

Warrencox

Did not go in for a chipped windscreen and end up getting a new DMF, clutch and rear diff?

p

Don't remember the rear diff bit. I had a search for his thread but couldn't find it. Still, I am supposed to be working!! ;)

this happened to my s3 (8L) think its quite common. Mine is a REVO remap so quite aggressive. Got a new clutch and flywheel.

this happened to my s3 (8L) think its quite common. Mine is a REVO remap so quite aggressive. Got a new clutch and flywheel.

Yep, REVO maps are quite savage especially if you run the boost a little higher than default (level 7 is best IMO). But Jeez are they fun !! real old school thump in the back boost delivery, none of this linear nonsense..!!

Agreed, I had mine on 9 on a cold day and that was faaassttttt!!!!!

yeah i remember warren... he has had major problems with his S3... I have the fingers crossed on mine!!

Pedro

Seems to be completely perfect again now, very strange..

Oh well :D

Seems to be completely perfect again now, very strange..

Oh well :D

Was also intermitent on mine, very frustrating when your on a test drive with the dealer Tech and it wont misbehave.

good luck

Paul

Jonny, how many miles have you done post-remap? Due to get my S3 HAMMERed next month @ racetech in burnley. Don't fancy having to replace the clutch....:(

Hey

The car has done around 15k miles since the re-map.. thats not the only mods the car has thought..

Looking into a Sachs racing clutch, should be a bit better

Jonny

I'm kinda hoping that your a bit partial to drag racing and have been giving it a bit of a spanking!?
:asskicking:

Would the uprated clutch affect warranty? I presume it does?..