Facelift Map updating via SD card

davemk

Reaction score
Hi folks.

I've haven't updated my nav since I had the car so I'm downloading the full map as I type. I previously tried to do a UK map update and used a USB stick but it didn't recognise the USB - I guess this is because the stick had other files.

As I say, I'm now trying to update the maps again. Can I use a micro SD card, with an adaptor? Or does it have to be a standard SD card?

Thanks for any advice.

Great. Thanks.

I have to say that the manual is pretty useless when choosing to update via a computer.

Any SD card should be fine. I would format to fat32 for best compatibility
So I tried this a while back and went on the forums but I gave up. Tried just about everything. Could not get it to work. Same thing happened where the USB or sd card was not recognized. Thought I would join this cause it was a while ago and maybe someone could shed some light on this....

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

So I tried this a while back and went on the forums but I gave up. Tried just about everything. Could not get it to work. Same thing happened where the USB or sd card was not recognized. Thought I would join this cause it was a while ago and maybe someone could shed some light on this....

Good to know I'm not the only one! Here's the info I had from Audi:

"Please follow the steps bellow:

1. Use a computer to access my.Audi.com and log in with your credentials.

2. Choose the car you want to update the map database of and fo on the “Features” tab. Once you scroll down you should be able to find a section labeled “Map Updates”

3. From the drop-down menu of this section, choose which region you want to download the map update of (for example the map labeled “Great Britain, Ireland and Iceland”). Once you do that, please click on “Download installation software”.

4. This is a software that initiates the download of the map region package. At this point you need to make sure you have the SD card inserted in your computer. When you will be prompted to choose a destination folder for this download package please choose your SD card. This might take a few minutes to finish.

5. Once the update has been saved on your SD card, please extract it safely off your computer and insert it in your car’s SD card slot which can be found inside the glove compartment of your vehicle. Your MMI then will complete the installation automatically."

Davemk..... I've tried just bout everything.....read how to's and dont's and just could not do it. I'm sure its something stupid I overlooked but I've tried and gave up.... I'm wondering at this point if there is something I had to do to my car to accept it. I'm in Canada so I do not have audi connect. I've heard or read that something had to be initially done to my mmi system 1st. ....

For future info, this is also worth noting (again from Audi):

"Secondly, you need to use an SD card (do not use a microSD or a miniSD card) of more than 23.1 gigabytes. This card needs to be completely empty or else the system might not recognise the files upon installation in your MMI."

For future info, this is also worth noting (again from Audi):

"Secondly, you need to use an SD card (do not use a microSD or a miniSD card) of more than 23.1 gigabytes. This card needs to be completely empty or else the system might not recognise the files upon installation in your MMI."
Will try again and make sure it's no more than 32gb and it's an SD card....thanks. will update

As I didn't have a free SD card, I used a USB stick (32Gb). I removed any files already on there and put the update on - you should have 2 folders, which are mib1 and mib2, a metainfo file and a .md5 file. Do not put them into a combined folder. Then, plug into the car.