Map Updates

Chris100

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im looking for some help here with regards to map updates, I have a pre-facelift S3 and I am sure when when I ordered it that it stated when spec'ing the Nav plus which HDD based free updates were included for 3 years.

Audi is however saying this is not the case and of course all the documents online or otherwise only refer to the facelift so I no longer have anything to back this up.

Im hoping someone has something official which states this or maybe I just imagined this when ordering.

Cheers all.

I have HDD nav/high MMI with connect on my PFL and you should get five free map updates included.

However, you cannot pick and choose these they are every six months but as you say that should typically keep you updated for 3 years. Have you updated them so far ? Log on to My.Audi to see if you have any pending or if your 'licence' has expired.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and A4A4
I don't have connect justHDD nav/high MMI, I have looked on MyAudi but can't see anything of use. It just seems to provide the spec of my car and give options to book a service.

I haven't gone in for an update yet, my car is just coming up to a year old and it was in for the oil service so I thought I would ask but just got the usual blank stare from the service bloke when I mentioned the map update

Reactions: Rob2k68
I have HDD nav/high MMI with connect on my PFL and you should get five free map updates included.

However, you cannot pick and choose these they are every six months but as you say that should typically keep you updated for 3 years. Have you updated them so far ? Log on to My.Audi to see if you have any pending or if your 'licence' has expired.

You are lucky, wish we had this for the A4.

Recently just open a post for this http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...nav-without-going-to-the-audi-dealers.313332/

My SAT NAV is coming up 3 years old and got no free updates since new.

Hmm I've just logged on and the map update icon does indeed appear under the connect services :-

IMG 2925

I'd get back in touch with the dealer (maybe a different one) or ring Audi Customer Services.

Reactions: -Ju-
Im lost then, unless I can provide prove to them there is no way they are going to update the map for free even though it stated free updates at the time of purchase.

another reason to move back to BMW when Im due to change.

Im lost then, unless I can provide prove to them there is no way they are going to update the map for free even though it stated free updates at the time of purchase.

another reason to move back to BMW when Im due to change.

I'll have a look to see if my purchase invoice says anything - your VIN plate should tell them the options are on the car. Can't imagine it's connect that gives you the updates as that was only £300 so keep trying.

I bought my S3 used a couple of weeks ago, it's a 15 plate and I updated the maps no problem using the method outlined above.

Thanks, I remember reading it but all the online details I can find relate to the facelift version hence are no use.

It's also pretty cool that the image on the myaudi site is an exact copy of the car, even the little details!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and MikeSel^
Managed to get signed up and indeed the map update is there, I have downloaded it. Does anyone have any idea where in the mmi you go to kick off the update

Managed to get signed up and indeed the map update is there, I have downloaded it. Does anyone have any idea where in the mmi you go to kick off the update

Menu -> Setup MMI -> Systen Update

Reactions: Chris4410