Map update

Do u still have to update if u run google maps or is google maps always up to date (wishful thinking )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you are using google maps via android Auto or Apple car play then the apps are updated via the related app stores and maps data server side.

Audi Navigation does not use Google Maps, the data provider is NaviTech. Audi does however use Google Maps graphic overlay in order to provide the pretty images we see on the Technology Pack with Audi Connect.

Reactions: Bishop187
Wonder if the A556 M6 M56 link Road is on the new map version. It's only been open since March 2017...

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I am surprised as I understand my A4 uses Here and because they purchased the company, along with bmw and mercedes in 2016...

I am surprised as I understand my A4 uses Here and because they purchased the company, along with bmw and mercedes in 2016...
Internally, on the SD cards and the Internal Drives, the labels and file naming conventions are NaviTech. Just done a google and it would seem that NaviTech changed its name to NavTeq, which has now changed its name to Here lol

Has anyone done this update over a USB with the files from My Audi? I don't see why it has to be via an SD when SD cards are old tech really and our cars all have USB also!
I don't want to do over the air in case I corrupt the existing files, and as above in this thread, it seems you can only download regions and not the full UK update?

Has anyone done this update over a USB with the files from My Audi? I don't see why it has to be via an SD when SD cards are old tech really and our cars all have USB also!
I don't want to do over the air in case I corrupt the existing files, and as above in this thread, it seems you can only download regions and not the full UK update?
Iv done it via USB everytime. Also did it via the other SD Card slot and also over the air. No difference in any of them. I updated all Europe maps every time. Just follow the instruction on the my Audi website to do it via USB. super simple.

Iv done it via USB everytime. Also did it via the other SD Card slot and also over the air. No difference in any of them. I updated all Europe maps every time. Just follow the instruction on the my Audi website to do it via USB. super simple.

Cheers mate, I'll do it with USB then, Just the fact that Audi website says you need Java and an SD card. No mention of USB. The over air won't work for me, I think the data sim has download restrictions. Either that or I ticked the wrong option haha.

Thanks

Cheers mate, I'll do it with USB then, Just the fact that Audi website says you need Java and an SD card. No mention of USB. The over air won't work for me, I think the data sim has download restrictions. Either that or I ticked the wrong option haha.

Thanks
You do need Java, but on my MacBook it just downloads temporarily and directly to download the Audi files. It disasters after. pretty sure you don't need to go to an externalnal site too. its simple. try it! You Audi connect sim has no data restrictions but if you have put in a separate SIM card then I guess that's whatever you chose when buying the sim.

Reactions: zaka7
Guys, just to confirm as I've just noticed the new Aberdeen by-pass isn't on the maps release I have (although google earth overlay see's the road on sattelite, just no nav data) - I have an '18 Sline with no tech pack, am I right in saything there is no way to update this without paying Audi even though the car has Audi Connect? (pretty pathetic if this is the case)