Map reading lights

That link takes you to an 8l 2002 model light. I'm guessing you have an 8p SB ?

That link takes you to an 8l 2002 model light. I'm guessing you have an 8p SB ?

Bummer. Still on the hunt then!

Cheers Paddy

Dont suppose you know the part number for the one im looking for do you?

Last edited:
Yeah thats the one, dont want the roof switch though. So I can look for a4 as well?

I think the roof light was the same in the a4 from 2005 onwards but i cant be sure. "1 wheel" will know if he see's this thread..

Exactly the thing I'm looking for aswell, ****** me off Golf GTI comes standard with these, but a more expensive Audi doesnt..
Is it just a simple swap over, or is VCDS required?

I forget to keep my eye open for one too. Im sure its just direct swap. I however need a light grey one, i guess that means more rare & perhaps less people bidding though LOL

Is it just a simple swap over, or is VCDS required?

Im sure I read that its a direct swap over with no coding required.

Are the rear lights just the same or is there a option on them also?

The part number from Audi is 8E0 947 135 D 6PS (S-Line dark interior colour) and they cost £69. They are direct swap and no coding required.

Im sure I read that its a direct swap over with no coding required.

Are the rear lights just the same or is there a option on them also?

There is a map reading light for the rear also. Not sure on the wiring on this as the switches for the map lights light up with when the lights are on. The standard rear light doesn't light up so may have to run a feed to it from the light system...

Hope you find one as im lucky enough to have them and they are great! :icon_thumright:

Ah but yours will be useful S as you will use a map, us guys don't read maps or ask for directions...simply not cricket don't you know :)

Ah but yours will be useful S as you will use a map, us guys don't read maps or ask for directions...simply not cricket don't you know :)

lol, you think! well believe it or not I dont use maps either lol, im red hot on finding my way! I use mine for other things!!! lol. Anyway I have sat nav if I ever got lost!!!

Paddy, love your avitar! is that what the 3.2 looks like now!!! Love ure hat!!! does it ring too with the bell on the end!!! :kiss:

It rings above 20 mph to warn all the creatures of the forest, fluffy bunnies and my mate big ears that i am coming. That way everyone in the wild wood will be safe and every day will be magic.

omg! hes high as a kite!!!! lol You in lagers ?????

Hee hee still a good pic!!! Hey when are you getting the car back???

omg! hes high as a kite!!!! lol You in lagers ?????

Hee hee still a good pic!!! Hey when are you getting the car back???

Ha..you tell me !! they have taken the top off the engine now and are looking at the cam advance solenoids... I think when i said.." I don't care what it costs just fix the ****** thing" i might have been a little hasty....lol :)

The part number from Audi is 8E0 947 135 D 6PS (S-Line dark interior colour) and they cost £69. They are direct swap and no coding required.

does this one have the map lights and the red ambient led lights too ?:think:

Be carefull when you order via the 8E0 947 135 D part number. I tried to order one yesterday over the phone from the stealers. Firstly I was given a price of 921 DKK (£100), I was told that it was in stock. I quickly raced to the stealers to pick it up, but it was the standard front lighting console.

Fortunately, they would find out which part was the correct one, as they could not see a picture of one i ETKA. They called today with the right one. Price 543 DKK (£60) why it's half the price of the standard unit I don't know. He would not give me the part number over the phone. The only issue is that it has to be ordered from Germany, as the interior light pack in Denmark is very rare due to the price (£500), so they do not carry it as a spare part