Manual Snow Foams.. Yay or nay?

jdjames13

Reaction score
I live in a house where we don't have an accessible tap to jet wash the car so snow foaming via a jet spray wont happen.

Just wondering if anyone's used manual pump snow foams or anything else like this which is a good alternative?

I'm quite happy using the old fashioned method but everyone bangs on about how good snow foaming is these days so wanted to try it out.

Try www.detailingworld.co.uk
Great advice always on here but that site could give you other ideas , but watch out its addictive and costs ££££££££ but well worth it ......

Reactions: Jassyo06 and jdjames13
Bilt Hamper AutoWash or ValetPro Citrus pre wash work just as well through a garden sprayer mate.

Not as fun, but just as effective :)

Reactions: scotty76 and jdjames13
Try www.detailingworld.co.uk
Great advice always on here but that site could give you other ideas , but watch out its addictive and costs ££££££££ but well worth it ......
Ha i learnt that quickly, i've already got a DAS6, and enough detailing products . Did a spot of cleaning on the mrs car polished it down but it was too bluddy cold!

Bilt Hamper AutoWash or ValetPro Citrus pre wash work just as well through a garden sprayer mate.

Not as fun, but just as effective :)
Woah woah woah. Stop the press.

I’m looking at getting a snow lance attachment and bilt hamber auto foam.
However I already have ValetPro citrus pre-wash. Are you saying I don’t ‘need’ snow foam?

If so, you’ve just saved me £50

However I already have ValetPro citrus pre-wash. Are you saying I don’t ‘need’ snow foam?

Nope. Plenty of threads on DW showing that pre-wash or snow foam are more effective than just pressure washing, but products like BH Auto-Foam can be used as foam or a pre-wash and there is little difference. Just depends on what you want to do. I have a garden sprayer and a snow foam lance. I just use whatever takes my fancy on the day really...!

Snow foam can be good for foaming up the creases and edges, while garden sprayer is less time consuming and easier to mix the ratios.

I personally prefer BH Auto-Foam to VP Citrus Wash, but its just a personal preference. Both will do a good job :)

Yes. VP Citrus Pre Wash will do the job just fine. I have a foam lance but ran out of foam and I'm not in a hurry to go back. I think there's a lot of hype around snow foam. Save the £50. :)

Reactions: Keef
I always used to snow foam religiously. Never do now. Bought a Hozelock 7l pump sprayer from B&Q and used a 20:1 (or higher if needed) ratio Powermaxed TFR though the pump sprayer. Better than snow foam as the dilution is exactly what you need. How many have any idea how to get the correct ratio through a snow foam lance?

Reactions: Johnny_cass
Snow foamer always ,but if its not feasible, pump sprayer and a citrus pre cleanser but not a big fan of this either, buy the best snow foam you can afford

Reactions: NevMan