Manda's S5

Manda, I'm gutted for you. Cant be an easy decision to remove it after waiting so long and its such a lovely colour too.
but if your not happy now then you never will be.

I concur with CHEZ though the deep space flip is stunning.

Good luck
Cheers, It's just that orange peel, i expected some but nothing like that, seen so many 3M and other brand wrapped cars and they have never been that prominent.
another contender currently is 3M atomic teal.
Going to talk to Jamie tonight for final decision, looks like I won't be getting the wheels quite yet :S
image-1.jpg

preview.jpg

Reactions: Misikee
You now have 4 votes for Deep Space flip @Meemo :D :D

Oh, and before you purchase this time just make sure it doesn't have any orange peel - could be a very expensive wrap this one :)

Reactions: RS5 JON and Meemo
You now have 4 votes for Deep Space flip @Meemo :D :D

Oh, and before you purchase this time just make sure it doesn't have any orange peel - could be a very expensive wrap this one :)

haha I do have multiple voted for flip, I am the only one voting teal among my friends group chat too!
I am leaning on the teal, only because the flip would be awesome on a bagged proper show car.. but I have no intentions to bag and stretch the daily.. doesn't mean my mind won't change on the colour between now and later tonight... anyone think it is tacky? like the old MG flip paint?

I am aware that all wrap has a degree of peel, as does factory paint, mine is not ideal underneath, but seen enough in person to know that it should not be as severe as what I got :S watching videos of the 3M glosses to be sure I am happy!

Reactions: V6_Man and RS5 JON
Regarding 3M wraps.
My mate had his 8L S3 wrapped and still looking mint 6 years later.
He would use a bit quick detailer on it now and again and that's it.
Used to gleam, and no orange peel

Reactions: Meemo
Sorry to hear you have made the decision to remove the wrap and start again. Its one of those things @Meemo if you had left it the way it is you wouldn’t be happy looking at it on a daily basis.

So I feel this is the right choice, even though it’s expensive overall but definitely worth changing so you happy! :)

I am with you on the teal by the way!lol

Reactions: V6_Man and Meemo
Hey @Meemo
Any updates?

Hay sorry been away on holiday, apparently there isn't much wifi in the middle of the desert.. who knew :p
I have decided I love the colour and to keep it on for the next year and live with the peeley finish of Hexis gloss wraps.

In the mean time I am using the money to get wheels instead, bm auto sport has been pinging me emails with suggestions, tyre sizes and wheels that match my wants, I recommend speaking to Mark there if you are looking for new wheels.
I think I have decided on a set of JR11's in 20x11 et30, I have a real bad craving for concave!
My choice is subject to change incase something used comes up which is concave in 20s.

48305915171_0f4968298f_o.jpg

48305915131_1f55140bda_o.jpg

Reactions: MuPPeT_ON_TouR, RS5 JON and CHEZ
Nice.
20'' are the minimum for a 5 imo
Really fill the arches.
I run 20x9.5 BBS CHR in et 25 with 20mm spacers on the back and 10mm up front, (silver of course:wub:) and I think they are pretty big.
11j! Wow
There mahoosive.
Will look awesome.
Ever considered 21"?

Nice.
20'' are the minimum for a 5 imo
Really fill the arches.
I run 20x9.5 BBS CHR in et 25 with 20mm spacers on the back and 10mm up front, (silver of course:wub:) and I think they are pretty big.
11j! Wow
There mahoosive.
Will look awesome.
Ever considered 21"?
You got a piccie of your fitted? I can only find your tyre thread and they are not on the car :)
haha 21 is too big for me, I dread the cost of tyres on the 20s already!

You got a piccie of your fitted? I can only find your tyre thread and they are not on the car :)
haha 21 is too big for me, I dread the cost of tyres on the 20s already!

Yeah I will sort one out
I am at the beach at the minute with a crazy spaniel
Do it later

IMAG0403 zpsdah4nawt
DSC03341 zpsv7a0stzs
IMG 20160325 WA0002 zpsmybdynzg

IMG 20190707 105345 zpsb0lpvbxs

There ya go @Meemo
The bloke in the shop has an rs4, he was getting some in a thicker width as the wider they go, the more concave they are.
PS, I don't know what's going on with photo bucket, it either chops my images or reduces the quality.
Oh well, you get the idea of what they look like.
I imagine chr in 11inch would be pretty Amazing

Last edited:
very nice @CHEZ !
done some weird maths to see the mm different between yours and 11js in terms of poke, the 11j et30 should sit an extra 13mm I think...

11j = 279mm
9.5j = 241mm + 20mm spacer = 261mm
Yours are an additional 5mm out at et 25 (I am looking at et30) so should overall sit 261+5mm = 266mm
279-266= 13mm more poke on the 11s at et30..

does yours look like you could get away with another 13mm? :p

Currently my main concern is tyres as I don't want as much stretch as I have in the past.
most run 285/30 or 295/25 on 11s... but would like to find some pictures close up of the tyre after fitting(top down) rather than the angle shots of the whole car people have uploaded on audizines wheel fitment thread.

Ideally would like to see a 295/30 but no one is running that in the thread... will keep hunting :)

Reactions: CHEZ
very nice @CHEZ !
done some weird maths to see the mm different between yours and 11js in terms of poke, the 11j et30 should sit an extra 13mm I think...

11j = 279mm
9.5j = 241mm + 20mm spacer = 261mm
Yours are an additional 5mm out at et 25 (I am looking at et30) so should overall sit 261+5mm = 266mm
279-266= 13mm more poke on the 11s at et30..

does yours look like you could get away with another 13mm? :p

Currently my main concern is tyres as I don't want as much stretch as I have in the past.
most run 285/30 or 295/25 on 11s... but would like to find some pictures close up of the tyre after fitting(top down) rather than the angle shots of the whole car people have uploaded on audizines wheel fitment thread.

Ideally would like to see a 295/30 but no one is running that in the thread... will keep hunting :)

Hmmm, re the extra spacing , I am running 265/30/20 , and my rear wheels are flush, maybe a mm or 2 of poke actually on one side (normal btw apparently) so no, I think there at the very max regarding spacing.
I don't get no rub whatsoever by the way, I can just tell a little bit more would not work.
With the fronts, I could probably go another 5mm but that would be pushing it too.
Regarding tyres, my last 20" rotors were on 255/35/20
These did not cut it for me.
They just raised the ground height to a 4x4 stance.
The 30 profile really sorted that out, and it handles superb.
I went for the quietest tyre I could find, Dunlop sportmax gt, and are a cracking tyre.
Maybe a bit soft, but mine is just a 2.0 tfsi in fwd , so not exactly a vicious beast.
The fronts lasted 16k
The rears are still on at 20k and plenty life left.
Ooops I have waffled on a bit ain't I?
Anyway, I think you should really try a wheel on just for peace of mind first.
Easier said than done finding an example in that size.
Good luck

@CHEZ
thing is allot of people have the 11j et28 set up and some with a rear spacer!
but... I am not sold on the stretch on a static car. Desperate for more concave than a 10j can offer :p

WARNING NON S5 POST:

oops... heat gun fell off the table on my legs, both legs and a little bit of skin gone.. this is gonna be a corker when it starts to blister lol

48363019186_33134fa10e_c.jpg

Was tinting some s15 lights and not paying enough attention as I was also taking a call from my sister...

don't use heat guns in your shorts kids lol

upside the lights look good, and was pretty chuffed that I managed to use my fake nail extension material to mould a new corner which had cracked off (the clear is the new bit built on). If any one wants info on how to fix similar plastic that has snapped off feel free to ping me and will link the bits

48363047251_3af2daac55_b.jpg

48363020186_ef302f178b_c.jpg

Reactions: voorhees, RS5 JON and V6_Man
some pictures of Jamies wrap :)
I have fallen in love with the colour, enough to stick with it and have bought new wheels instead that are coming today :D

48363385422_42854d26f9_c.jpg

48363252711_ba78715a48_c.jpg

48363251781_ca6ae6d49d_c.jpg

48363395227_8ecd4b2637_c.jpg

48363388377_08a462e9ce_c.jpg

Ceramic pro coating making the pretty beading :)
48363281381_56d0bfa59f_b.jpg

and...

new wheels piccie from the supplier, should get here in the next hour.
20x10.5

48363328606_6b14fe156a_c.jpg

Reactions: Tej13, CHEZ, Point_Audi and 2 others
WARNING NON S5 POST:

oops... heat gun fell off the table on my legs, both legs and a little bit of skin gone.. this is gonna be a corker when it starts to blister lol

Was tinting some s15 lights and not paying enough attention as I was also taking a call from my sister...

upside the lights look good, and was pretty chuffed that I managed to use my fake nail extension material to mould a new corner which had cracked off (the clear is the new bit built on). If any one wants info on how to fix similar plastic that has snapped off feel free to ping me and will link the bits

Ouch! That must've hurt @Meemo and I bet it will still be a bit uncomfortable.

Lights looking good though - as they say, "no pains, no gains"

Ouch! That must've hurt @Meemo and I bet it will still be a bit uncomfortable.

Lights looking good though - as they say, "no pains, no gains"

Not even for my car haha
Hurt more the hour after than when i did it, felt like it was still cooking away from the inside on the leg where the skin didn't break... Definitely taking more care with that thing next time

Wondering if I can milk it for a sympathy McFlurry from the boyfriend later as it is his friends lights :p :p

Reactions: V6_Man
Not even for my car haha
Hurt more the hour after than when i did it, felt like it was still cooking away from the inside on the leg where the skin didn't break... Definitely taking more care with that thing next time

Wondering if I can milk it for a sympathy McFlurry from the boyfriend later as it is his friends lights :p :p

Oh definitely. I would especially if it wasn't for my own car. I am sure you'd been reminding him of pains anyways and regardless

some pictures of Jamies wrap :)
I have fallen in love with the colour, enough to stick with it and have bought new wheels instead that are coming today :D

48363385422_42854d26f9_c.jpg

48363252711_ba78715a48_c.jpg

48363251781_ca6ae6d49d_c.jpg

48363395227_8ecd4b2637_c.jpg

48363388377_08a462e9ce_c.jpg

Ceramic pro coating making the pretty beading :)
48363281381_56d0bfa59f_b.jpg

and...

new wheels piccie from the supplier, should get here in the next hour.
20x10.5

48363328606_6b14fe156a_c.jpg

I can see the orange peel @Meemo . Just kidding. Tis looking fab and loving the alloys too. Would look perfect on the S5 as they give car and especially the 5 a more meaner look. Good choice

Reactions: RS5 JON
WARNING NON S5 POST:

Ouch, think you'll need the McFlurry to cool those burns down.............

New Wheels look the boll- cks, can't wait to see them on. :thumbs up:

JG

275/30/20 PS4s are on order and should get here mid week next week ready for fitting on the 3rd!
Now to do my best impression of being patient.... and stare into the open boxes
48378730507_bf6561c51c_b.jpg

Reactions: V6_Man, Point_Audi, Tej13 and 2 others
ceramic coated in CQuartz UK, and my tyres have been delivered eeeeep..
more pictures of the concave <3
..they would make fab coffee tables :p
48420536616_3ecf847047_c.jpg

48420688037_d34d850101_c.jpg

Reactions: RS5 JON
night mare! the supplied bolts didn't fit at the back, had some shorter and longer ones sent for the different size spacers(5mm & 10mm spacers |35mm and 40mm bolts), but the longer ones seem to have a ever so slightly tighter packed thread pattern... so they won't thread into the hub boooooo, both are m14 1.5 so am baffled..

Going to make a new post quickly to ask about threads and lengths as this is a new problem I have never come across before and want to check the length facts first before I order from the dreaded euros ..where I will likely receive something for another car first anyway as I have the 'euro wrong item received' curse.

supplier have kindly sent out the correct bolts on next day delivery, after I sent them a picture of the threads. Packing error is all :)
phew, should have the wheels on the car Saturday!!

48430549101_7d72030450_c.jpg

48430553221_d78103669a_c.jpg

ps. I might do all my nail pics like this from now on :p

Reactions: CHEZ
Deer 1 - S5 0...

luckily only got the offside corner, so crash bar and chassis are solid.. but my bumper/US Grille/undertray/fog light, intercooler and radiator not so much...
would you believe this was done at 60mph! literally shocked no airbags or worse damage to be honest, and I did have a number plate on but no idea where it is now as couldn't find it or the dear when I returned :S

Any tips on how to remove the radiator are greatly appreciated as can see loads of AC pipes behind and am scared to undo to remove incase they get damaged. And tips on how to degas aircon before removal as will all be done on the drive.

AC rad is thankfully fine :)
Intercooler is already off and completely emptied its contents at the scene I will add.

Might as well make the best of a crap situation and order the RS5 conversion as it is the same price if cheaper!

48447247881_1cbc5c4429_c.jpg

Intercooler punted...
48447410092_5eb3ef3319_c.jpg

48447245921_4865e66ec6_c.jpg

Radiator leg snapped...

48447541952_bb6343473d_c.jpg

oh and 275/30 ps4 on 20x10.5... I was on my way to pick them up when bambi decided to play in traffic.
48447411937_834c4f3fc4_c.jpg

48447412572_9e7060f900_c.jpg

ps shout out to the best boyfriend for coming to keep me company. whilst I was being flat bedded away, collecting my wheels in 2 runs cos he is only able to drive his mini at the moment... and helping tear apart the front with me...

Reactions: V6_Man
@Gazwould any you recommend that you can link? I have looked into this already but they are all in excess of 1k for just the uprated intercooler.
Plenty of standard ones under £100 though

Wow that's deer !!

Maybe an ebay universal ?
I would be scared to pick the wrong one tbh lol but plenty meant for it under £100.

At the moment I just really want to remove the radiator as it is still on, just worried by the air con pipes that feed in.

Wow what have I missed here?
Wheels look simply simply lovely.
Ok, so, I get the gist of some massive furry thing running you over @Meemo , so I shall refrain from sarcasm at this moment in time.
Damn unlucky miss..
Anywho, what's the true damage?

Deer this morning on the country road, jumped out the trees straight into the car.
True damage..
bumper isn't worth saving, us grille smashed at the bottom but I can fix that I recon with plastic welding.
Offside foglight unit snapped off.
Then just intercooler and radiator as a corner on it snapped.
Never touched above the crash bar so no damage to the bonnet or chassis, that corner took the brunt and mighty well I say for the speed.
Could be worse :)

Reactions: V6_Man and CHEZ
Aye, could have been a lot worse.
Glad you're ok!
So bumper and a rad, fog light?
And intercooler.
Plus hassle
Good job you got it wrapped ey?

Rs5 conversation bumper as cheaper than a used S5 bumper, includes grille, undertray and fog light deletes.
Will repair the US grille and sell it as I won't have a use for it.
Then intercooler and radiator which are shy of £200 on eBay for both.
Most expensive bit is the bumper annoyingly.

I have leftover wrap here, might be enough to wrap the new bumper myself!

Reactions: V6_Man and CHEZ
The main thing is your ok @Meemo , the car can be fixed.

Check out Brotek for an upgraded intercooler, RS5 front end will look great with your wrap colour, suppose that's a plus from all the hassle of taking the front apart.

JG

Reactions: V6_Man, Meemo and CHEZ