1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Manda's S5

Meemo Jan 17, 2018

1. Meemo

Meemo Well-Known Member Supercharged Audi S5 Black Edition

Cheers, It's just that orange peel, i expected some but nothing like that, seen so many 3M and other brand wrapped cars and they have never been that prominent.
    another contender currently is 3M atomic teal.
    Going to talk to Jamie tonight for final decision, looks like I won't be getting the wheels quite yet :S
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Misikee likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. JG51 AUD

JG51 AUD Well-Known Member Team Glacier Supercharged TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Audi S5 quattro Black Edition

Deep space flip for me too, :hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

JG

V6_Man likes this.
  4. V6_Man

V6_Man Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Glacier Supercharged TFSI Owners Group Team V6 VCDS Map User Team Scuba Audi S4 quattro Audi A3 Black Edition

You now have 4 votes for Deep Space flip @Meemo :D :D

Oh, and before you purchase this time just make sure it doesn't have any orange peel - could be a very expensive wrap this one :)

JG51 AUD and Meemo like this.
  5. Meemo

haha I do have multiple voted for flip, I am the only one voting teal among my friends group chat too!
    I am leaning on the teal, only because the flip would be awesome on a bagged proper show car.. but I have no intentions to bag and stretch the daily.. doesn't mean my mind won't change on the colour between now and later tonight... anyone think it is tacky? like the old MG flip paint?

I am aware that all wrap has a degree of peel, as does factory paint, mine is not ideal underneath, but seen enough in person to know that it should not be as severe as what I got :S watching videos of the 3M glosses to be sure I am happy!

V6_Man and JG51 AUD like this.
  6. CHEZ

CHEZ moderately amusing Supporter

Regarding 3M wraps.
    My mate had his 8L S3 wrapped and still looking mint 6 years later.
    He would use a bit quick detailer on it now and again and that's it.
    Used to gleam, and no orange peel

Meemo likes this.
  7. Point_Audi

Point_Audi Vorsprung durch Technik Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Team Tornado S-line owners group Audi A5 Black Edition

Sorry to hear you have made the decision to remove the wrap and start again. Its one of those things @Meemo if you had left it the way it is you wouldn’t be happy looking at it on a daily basis.

So I feel this is the right choice, even though it’s expensive overall but definitely worth changing so you happy! :)

I am with you on the teal by the way!lol

V6_Man and Meemo like this.
  8. CHEZ

Why do I think @Meemo is painting her nails many colours and putting them next to her car?

Point_Audi likes this.
  9. Meemo

Omg that is scary...
    I just did these now!
    IMG_20190702_202752.jpg

It's a sign, neon orange it is

voorhees and CHEZ like this.
  10. CHEZ

Hahaha.
    I honestly am not looking through your window @Meemo .:busted cop:

Or am I? :hi:

11. CHEZ

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Meemo

Hay sorry been away on holiday, apparently there isn't much wifi in the middle of the desert.. who knew :p
    I have decided I love the colour and to keep it on for the next year and live with the peeley finish of Hexis gloss wraps.

In the mean time I am using the money to get wheels instead, bm auto sport has been pinging me emails with suggestions, tyre sizes and wheels that match my wants, I recommend speaking to Mark there if you are looking for new wheels.
    I think I have decided on a set of JR11's in 20x11 et30, I have a real bad craving for concave!
    My choice is subject to change incase something used comes up which is concave in 20s.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MuPPeT_ON_TouR, JG51 AUD and CHEZ like this.
  14. CHEZ

Nice.
    20'' are the minimum for a 5 imo
    Really fill the arches.
    I run 20x9.5 BBS CHR in et 25 with 20mm spacers on the back and 10mm up front, (silver of course:wub:) and I think they are pretty big.
    11j! Wow
    There mahoosive.
    Will look awesome.
    Ever considered 21"?

Meemo likes this.
  15. Meemo

You got a piccie of your fitted? I can only find your tyre thread and they are not on the car :)
    haha 21 is too big for me, I dread the cost of tyres on the 20s already!

16. CHEZ

Yeah I will sort one out
    I am at the beach at the minute with a crazy spaniel
    Do it later

17. CHEZ

IMAG0403_zpsdah4nawt.jpg DSC03341_zpsv7a0stzs.JPG IMG-20160325-WA0002_zpsmybdynzg.jpg
    IMG_20190707_105345_zpsb0lpvbxs.jpg
    There ya go @Meemo
    The bloke in the shop has an rs4, he was getting some in a thicker width as the wider they go, the more concave they are.
    PS, I don't know what's going on with photo bucket, it either chops my images or reduces the quality.
    Oh well, you get the idea of what they look like.
    I imagine chr in 11inch would be pretty Amazing

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    Meemo likes this.
  18. Meemo

very nice @CHEZ !
    done some weird maths to see the mm different between yours and 11js in terms of poke, the 11j et30 should sit an extra 13mm I think...

11j = 279mm
    9.5j = 241mm + 20mm spacer = 261mm
    Yours are an additional 5mm out at et 25 (I am looking at et30) so should overall sit 261+5mm = 266mm
    279-266= 13mm more poke on the 11s at et30..

does yours look like you could get away with another 13mm? :p

Currently my main concern is tyres as I don't want as much stretch as I have in the past.
    most run 285/30 or 295/25 on 11s... but would like to find some pictures close up of the tyre after fitting(top down) rather than the angle shots of the whole car people have uploaded on audizines wheel fitment thread.

Ideally would like to see a 295/30 but no one is running that in the thread... will keep hunting :)

CHEZ likes this.
  19. CHEZ

Hmmm, re the extra spacing , I am running 265/30/20 , and my rear wheels are flush, maybe a mm or 2 of poke actually on one side (normal btw apparently) so no, I think there at the very max regarding spacing.
    I don't get no rub whatsoever by the way, I can just tell a little bit more would not work.
    With the fronts, I could probably go another 5mm but that would be pushing it too.
    Regarding tyres, my last 20" rotors were on 255/35/20
    These did not cut it for me.
    They just raised the ground height to a 4x4 stance.
    The 30 profile really sorted that out, and it handles superb.
    I went for the quietest tyre I could find, Dunlop sportmax gt, and are a cracking tyre.
    Maybe a bit soft, but mine is just a 2.0 tfsi in fwd , so not exactly a vicious beast.
    The fronts lasted 16k
    The rears are still on at 20k and plenty life left.
    Ooops I have waffled on a bit ain't I?
    Anyway, I think you should really try a wheel on just for peace of mind first.
    Easier said than done finding an example in that size.
    Good luck

20. Meemo

@CHEZ
    thing is allot of people have the 11j et28 set up and some with a rear spacer!
    but... I am not sold on the stretch on a static car. Desperate for more concave than a 10j can offer :p

21. Meemo

WARNING NON S5 POST:

oops... heat gun fell off the table on my legs, both legs and a little bit of skin gone.. this is gonna be a corker when it starts to blister lol

[​IMG]
    Was tinting some s15 lights and not paying enough attention as I was also taking a call from my sister...

don't use heat guns in your shorts kids lol

upside the lights look good, and was pretty chuffed that I managed to use my fake nail extension material to mould a new corner which had cracked off (the clear is the new bit built on). If any one wants info on how to fix similar plastic that has snapped off feel free to ping me and will link the bits

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

voorhees, JG51 AUD and V6_Man like this.
  22. Meemo

some pictures of Jamies wrap :)
    I have fallen in love with the colour, enough to stick with it and have bought new wheels instead that are coming today :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ceramic pro coating making the pretty beading :)
    [​IMG]

and...

new wheels piccie from the supplier, should get here in the next hour.
    20x10.5

[​IMG]

Tej13, CHEZ, Point_Audi and 2 others like this.
  23. V6_Man

V6_Man Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Glacier Supercharged TFSI Owners Group Team V6 VCDS Map User Team Scuba Audi S4 quattro Audi A3 Black Edition

Ouch! That must've hurt @Meemo and I bet it will still be a bit uncomfortable.

Lights looking good though - as they say, "no pains, no gains"

Meemo likes this.
  24. Meemo

Not even for my car haha
    Hurt more the hour after than when i did it, felt like it was still cooking away from the inside on the leg where the skin didn't break... Definitely taking more care with that thing next time

Wondering if I can milk it for a sympathy McFlurry from the boyfriend later as it is his friends lights :p :p

V6_Man likes this.
  25. V6_Man

Oh definitely. I would especially if it wasn't for my own car. I am sure you'd been reminding him of pains anyways and regardless

Meemo likes this.
  26. V6_Man

I can see the orange peel @Meemo . Just kidding. Tis looking fab and loving the alloys too. Would look perfect on the S5 as they give car and especially the 5 a more meaner look. Good choice

JG51 AUD likes this.
  27. JG51 AUD

JG51 AUD Well-Known Member Team Glacier Supercharged TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Audi S5 quattro Black Edition

Ouch, think you'll need the McFlurry to cool those burns down.............

New Wheels look the boll- cks, can't wait to see them on. :thumbs up:

JG

Meemo likes this.
  28. Meemo

275/30/20 PS4s are on order and should get here mid week next week ready for fitting on the 3rd!
    Now to do my best impression of being patient.... and stare into the open boxes
    [​IMG]

V6_Man, Point_Audi, Tej13 and 2 others like this.
  29. Meemo

ceramic coated in CQuartz UK, and my tyres have been delivered eeeeep..
    more pictures of the concave <3
    ..they would make fab coffee tables :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JG51 AUD likes this.
  30. JG51 AUD

:hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

JG

31. Meemo

night mare! the supplied bolts didn't fit at the back, had some shorter and longer ones sent for the different size spacers(5mm & 10mm spacers |35mm and 40mm bolts), but the longer ones seem to have a ever so slightly tighter packed thread pattern... so they won't thread into the hub boooooo, both are m14 1.5 so am baffled..

Going to make a new post quickly to ask about threads and lengths as this is a new problem I have never come across before and want to check the length facts first before I order from the dreaded euros ..where I will likely receive something for another car first anyway as I have the 'euro wrong item received' curse.

32. Meemo

supplier have kindly sent out the correct bolts on next day delivery, after I sent them a picture of the threads. Packing error is all :)
    phew, should have the wheels on the car Saturday!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ps. I might do all my nail pics like this from now on :p

CHEZ likes this.
  33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. Meemo

Deer 1 - S5 0...

luckily only got the offside corner, so crash bar and chassis are solid.. but my bumper/US Grille/undertray/fog light, intercooler and radiator not so much...
    would you believe this was done at 60mph! literally shocked no airbags or worse damage to be honest, and I did have a number plate on but no idea where it is now as couldn't find it or the dear when I returned :S

Any tips on how to remove the radiator are greatly appreciated as can see loads of AC pipes behind and am scared to undo to remove incase they get damaged. And tips on how to degas aircon before removal as will all be done on the drive.

AC rad is thankfully fine :)
    Intercooler is already off and completely emptied its contents at the scene I will add.

Might as well make the best of a **** situation and order the RS5 conversion as it is the same price if cheaper!

[​IMG]

Intercooler punted...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Radiator leg snapped...

[​IMG]

oh and 275/30 ps4 on 20x10.5... I was on my way to pick them up when bambi decided to play in traffic.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ps shout out to the best boyfriend for coming to keep me company. whilst I was being flat bedded away, collecting my wheels in 2 runs cos he is only able to drive his mini at the moment... and helping tear apart the front with me...

V6_Man likes this.
  35. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

FFS .

Upgrade intercooler time .

36. Meemo

@Gazwould any you recommend that you can link? I have looked into this already but they are all in excess of 1k for just the uprated intercooler.
    Plenty of standard ones under £100 though

37. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

Wow that's deer !!

Maybe an ebay universal ?

CHEZ likes this.
  38. Meemo

I would be scared to pick the wrong one tbh lol but plenty meant for it under £100.

At the moment I just really want to remove the radiator as it is still on, just worried by the air con pipes that feed in.

39. CHEZ

Wow what have I missed here?
    Wheels look simply simply lovely.
    Ok, so, I get the gist of some massive furry thing running you over @Meemo , so I shall refrain from sarcasm at this moment in time.
    Damn unlucky miss..
    Anywho, what's the true damage?

Meemo likes this.
  40. Meemo

Deer this morning on the country road, jumped out the trees straight into the car.
    True damage..
    bumper isn't worth saving, us grille smashed at the bottom but I can fix that I recon with plastic welding.
    Offside foglight unit snapped off.
    Then just intercooler and radiator as a corner on it snapped.
    Never touched above the crash bar so no damage to the bonnet or chassis, that corner took the brunt and mighty well I say for the speed.
    Could be worse :)

V6_Man and CHEZ like this.
  41. CHEZ

Aye, could have been a lot worse.
    Glad you're ok!
    So bumper and a rad, fog light?
    And intercooler.
    Plus hassle
    Good job you got it wrapped ey?

42. Meemo

Rs5 conversation bumper as cheaper than a used S5 bumper, includes grille, undertray and fog light deletes.
    Will repair the US grille and sell it as I won't have a use for it.
    Then intercooler and radiator which are shy of £200 on eBay for both.
    Most expensive bit is the bumper annoyingly.

I have leftover wrap here, might be enough to wrap the new bumper myself!

V6_Man and CHEZ like this.
  43. JG51 AUD

The main thing is your ok @Meemo , the car can be fixed.

Check out Brotek for an upgraded intercooler, RS5 front end will look great with your wrap colour, suppose that's a plus from all the hassle of taking the front apart.

JG

V6_Man, Meemo and CHEZ like this.