Mandas Bagged A4

Meemo

Reaction score
Been a few months since i was on here, desk got moved where my screen was in full view, so actually gotta work all day now :p

I have a full build thread in the project section but noticed other b8 build threads are here!
So going to put a few updates here too :)

Before and afters since 2013 when i got her:
25078308489_8373904cf3_c.jpg
25445914385_d72dd7b4b6_c.jpg

How she looked last year on the Klutches:
25419753006_4b6713163f_c.jpg

Winter mode!
25445915165_13bd8339a2_c.jpg

And nice shot from the weekend :)
got these wheels last year and been refurbing them over the winter, lots of sanding and filling.
Sent them to a shop for final paint though :)
10j et35 all round

25150320170_e6f6e85ec3_c.jpg

Reactions: Chris Nelson, IRONy_MAN, V6 Quatt and 5 others
Looks great pal, what size are your exhaust tips

Nice work, looks braw on air :)

Thank you :)

Looks great pal, what size are your exhaust tips
They are same as OEM, so if my memory is right 85mm I think (was well over a year ago), is custom straight pipes and no back boxes, I really wanted the Miltek GT tips which look more aggressive but on the custom straight pipes, but couldnt get them seperate at the time.
Think they are easier to get now so might see if I can swap the tips if they aren't scene taxed too high

Thank you :)

They are same as OEM, so if my memory is right 85mm I think (was well over a year ago), is custom straight pipes and no back boxes, I really wanted the Miltek GT tips which look more aggressive but on the custom straight pipes, but couldnt get them seperate at the time.
Think they are easier to get now so might see if I can swap the tips if they aren't scene taxed too high

I have fitted and RS5 exhaust but need to change the tips for slightly larger

Reactions: V6 Quatt
Been wanting to get a personal plate for years, but never seen one that I can keep for years car to car, nearly got B8 LOW or B8 XOO, but was hesitant as I couldnt really take it to my next car. Thought of mu surname FRY but if/when i marry prob wont want it.

Then i was linked a numberplate with my nick name at ridic low price and couldnt resist!

M33MO V

Very fitting, my bestie since I can remember has called me Meemo, and has been my user name for practically everything since i discovered the internet.

There was a mix up on my new plate order so was sent 2 originally spaced plates for the rear in stead of one original and one Meemo spaced one, but for now untill i receive my resolved order and tint one of the plates
smile.png

25829921245_fcc8e7a7bf_c.jpg

Reactions: Chop.
Got my plate order corrected and now have 5 Meemo plates :S
Tinted the rear spaced one, prob will use this for just meets and shows, and use my legal ones rest of the time :)

Tinted them with light smoke film i had left over from my last number plate, tail lights and fog lights.

25554899070_3ff77c5afc_c.jpg

25760501911_263ef1b4ce_c.jpg

And finished :)
25229023693_44ac4b8fce_c.jpg

25760503441_3787630506_c.jpg

Got my plate order corrected and now have 5 Meemo plates :S
Tinted the rear spaced one, prob will use this for just meets and shows, and use my legal ones rest of the time :)

Tinted them with light smoke film i had left over from my last number plate, tail lights and fog lights.

25554899070_3ff77c5afc_c.jpg

25760501911_263ef1b4ce_c.jpg

And finished :)
25229023693_44ac4b8fce_c.jpg

25760503441_3787630506_c.jpg

I like that a lot, cracking idea :)

Good job finding the plate too, much better having one that means something to you then you can move it between cars If you need too

I had V33 TEK on my old Honda Civic type R put it on my 3 series not so clever :)

I'm putting my S4 on air at the end of the year (hopefully) just move house! the cash i free up from selling my current place will go towards air and some decent wheels. They look so good slammed but just can't be dealing with it on a day to day basis so air is perfect!

I like that a lot, cracking idea :)

Good job finding the plate too, much better having one that means something to you then you can move it between cars If you need too

I had V33 TEK on my old Honda Civic type R put it on my 3 series not so clever :)

haha that is an awesomely fitting plate tbf, guessing you sold it in the end?

I'm putting my S4 on air at the end of the year (hopefully) just move house! the cash i free up from selling my current place will go towards air and some decent wheels. They look so good slammed but just can't be dealing with it on a day to day basis so air is perfect!

Sound nice, good luck :)

I put the 'tinted plate' on and barely looks tinted! i think I need to get some darker tint lol
But as it doesnt look dark think I will run this spacing and level of tint unless I brush with the law on it.
The only reason spacing plates was originally made illegal was so that the old plate recognition tech could read the plates, technology has come a long way since then and the spacing doesnt affect them taking readings any more, maybe they will update this law one day as it seems obsolete now.

25249513343_d2c6378031_c.jpg

25878263305_2c3c24ef28_c.jpg

My old plate holder I fashioned is too long for the shorter plates I now have, so untill I know how to plastic weld, have DIY'd another plate to make it releasable:

Using:

Releasable/reuseable cable ties

Kitchen role/Cushioning

Duck Tape

Epoxy resin

25324011754_54caf7a3e7_c.jpg
25861747271_8a0747fc3f_c.jpg

Bit of Epoxy to hold it all together and:

25656126380_66251a1b60_c.jpg

25930847186_0dd2a3377b_z.jpg

Very VERY home DIY, but it works and I am happy
smile.png

25930846286_de81c68a2a_c.jpg

And a shot of the new plate on the car clean at Fourinstances monthly West End Dubs meet:

25956746865_e17d608c73_b.jpg

Reactions: Chris Nelson, RyanJonS4, stav8124 and 1 other person
got one of the last gen black vue cameras stupidly cheap as the 530 model was replaced with the 600 this year. rrp £250-£289, got the last of stock at £139 so pretty chuffed. Bought the hardwiring power magic pro box used to monitor the power levels and cut off when your battery gets to a certain level.
Favourite part, motion sensor parking mode, I have had all my cars bar 1 hit either when parked on my drive (was fuming!) or parked in car parks or on roads, so to finallly be able to have somehting to catch any future hit and runs makes me feel every penny was worth it.

26841245841_d1c594ae6c_c.jpg

Fitted in about an hour this weekend, was actually really easy to hard wire and route behind the panels having not done one of these before.

Grounded then just the Live (yellow) to my horn (25 amp fuse), and ignition (red) to my AC (5 amp fuse).
the wires to the left are the excess dash cam wires as there was a nice clear space to put them there :)
26908026385_52e641a544_c.jpg

This is the power monitoring box, the black wire on the right is now neatly away out of site, but took this whilst i was wiring it all up.
26635295000_31277e6f37_c.jpg

26814460542_9286a17435_b.jpg

26635289910_66236b93e9_c.jpg

Wired it under the headlining and middle pillar:

26814453192_5280ec7dbd_b.jpg

26304065163_2d1024fe5e_b.jpg

26304061823_efbb9c24fb_c.jpg

All hidden :) not a wire in sight.
26304062893_e142f1899e_b.jpg

From outside is really subtle so very pleased :)
26302717204_4627ec38b6_c.jpg

Will get some pictures of the rear and front cameras fitted later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gazwould, Chop., feva and 1 other person
Also had a bit of a nightmare with the 'Professional' paint job I had on the front bumper, paid £260 to have the bumper fully resprayed by a paint place that does insurance work for Audi, but in less than 1000k it was battered in stone chips, at the point i had only covered 500 miles, and a guy at a car show come pup to me and says 'your car suffers the same problem as mine, bumper is completely covered in stone chips isnt it'...
Of course i had it only resprayed 'professionally' the month before and was quite upset.
So took it back and they have resprayed a second time but i think this is another 'blowover' job again so will chip quickly, left it to cure last 2 weeks...

Not sure whether to ceramic coat it or clear wrap it?!

Did a 5 hour run of DA'ing her, only managed to get the wings (front and back), boot and bonnet done. Plan to do the remaining doors and rear bumper another weekend.
Also DA'd out the etching on the boot from the old number plate on another evening.

26878762736_2c46de4286_b.jpg

26878770296_2196c7d16f_b.jpg

26639120240_b66ee9dc0a_c.jpg

26639123840_96ffed2827_b.jpg

26818477492_826595b74f_b.jpg

and some pictures taken recently of her :)
26878646766_68659c07c7_b.jpg

26844371881_bfc187bbda_b.jpg

Reactions: Bootneck22, ruairi83, stav8124 and 3 others
I put my front one pretty much where yours is, but the rear one I have centralised under the rear high level brake light.

Tucked the cables away, (pretty much, just got the front pillar and a coil at the back to hide), so I'm happy so far, managed to pop the centre pillar, (seat belt), cover out about a centimetre and thread the coax through, but was sure I heard something fall off when I give it a whack back on! :-O

So any tips on lifting the front pillar, with airbag; can I pop the cover, or will that disturb the airbag?

Last edited:
I put my front one pretty much where yours is, but the rear one I have centralised under the rear high level brake light.

Tucked the cables away, (pretty much, just got the front pillar and a coil at the back to hide), so I'm happy so far, managed to pop the centre pillar, (seat belt), cover out about a centimetre and thread the coax through, but was sure I heard something fall off when I give it a whack back on! :-O

So any tips on lifting the front pillar, with airbag; can I pop the cover, or will that disturb the airbag?

Sounds like a good spot :)
That Pillar is more rigid than the others, I didnt remove it, but I used 2 Pen shapped trim removal tools with the flat edge on one end, pushed both tools through the split maybe 3cm apart from each other to open a small gap between the pillar and roof lining, then pressed the wire in and move the tools accross, so your doing a few cm at a time moving accross.
Then when I reached the other side, i took out the trim tools and it shut, then i used to trim tools to push the wire in further out of site. If you have electrical tape, wrap the flat edge of the tool incase it damages the wire.

I had a problem with the bumper respray sadly, after between 500-1000k it was peppered in white stone chips, I didnt take any pictures but a guy at GTI Springfest kindly spoke to me and told me how bad my stone chips are... on my 500 miles 1 month old newly sprayed front bumper :( so I booked it in and did another show before it went back in.

I contacted they company that did it and they was very apologetic and admited the changed laquers for another brand and found it did not heald up well and offered to respray again with different laquer to rectify the issue.

So MJ has been a lawn ornement for a month whilst I waited for the paint to fully cure. Then yesterday took it to the boys at Monsterwraps in southampton to have a Self healing clear bra fitted. I wanted to clear wrap myself, however the self healing bras you cant buy in the UK seperate, only through approved resellers, luckily I know monsterwraps is good so trusted them with the job :)

The kits come pre cut to the shape of the bumper, and are not like normal wrap, they are thick clear plastic and cant be bended around edges or it would just flip back up, this is why they pre cut them to an exact shape with splits pre cut into any edges where it would not be able to stick due to how ridgid it is.
They are cut a few mm smaller than the bumper so the edges dont come up. If you inspect closely you can see edge, however you would not ever know if you arent told what you are looking for. My splitter is custom so they ordered off cuts to cover the bottom and front with 2 joins hidden in the pointed bits. I tried to get pictures but black car so the edges dont show up in pictures which is a good sign really :D

Being fitted, shows the glossyness, the rest of the car and wheels in the first picture and filthy.
Fitted with 3m Venture Shield Self Healing clear wrap/bra
27006094700_6715ee0f08_b.jpg

You can see ever so slightly around the left headlight washer cover in the pictures (if you zoom in).
I tried to get pictures of the edges, but they just dont pick up on a black car in pictures, however if you see me at any shows and want to look I promise I dont bite and you are most welcome.

26675494003_91ecf59677_b.jpg

The clear wrap is VERY Glossy which is really nice, and you wax it like you would the rest of your paint.
Any swirls or car park scuffs, you just pour hot water over it, or leave it in the sun, and it self heals :D

And a picture of her on the streets of pompey when I went for my exam in the morning.

26675495353_6947672fe3_b.jpg

Reactions: IRONy_MAN and AU11 ALS
Will definitely be looking at getting this done on mine when i've had the front end resprayed, my bumper looks like someone has tried to shot blast it :(

Reactions: Meemo
Awesome transformation.

Amazing what a few little OEM touches can do the appearance of a car. Looks completely different to when you got it :D

My Jack that came with the car when i last used it, whilst letting the car down buckled and twisted itself, is now useless (and dangerous!).

So decided to up my tool kit so that i dont have to rely on borrowing stands and tools all the time.Means I can now service my car on the drive after work on my own which make my life so much easier.
Did my oil change earlier in the week after work and enjoyed not having to race around to use other peoples stuff.

Got a new Low entry Jack, had to return the first one but second one is good, very pleased :)
http://www.costco.co.uk/view/p/arcan-2000kg-aluminiumsteel-service-jack-model-hj2000eu-900930
26887978334_953698661a_o.png

£83 in store or £89 online inc delivery.
*Aluminium
*Wide Lift section
*2 Tonne
*Low entry
*Nothing but amazing reviews from actual Garages

Got an Oil extractor pump, cant say i got on with it well as it seemed to take longer than emptying from the sump, however others says they found it quick, so maybe i was using it wrong, however it did eventualy drain the oil and car is happy with a new oil filter and fresh castrol edge 5w30 refill.

27557015295_395316c9f8_o.jpg

27642412505_9ddb92010f_c.jpg

27031530804_02d3470139_c.jpg

YUCK! THIS NEEDED CHANGING..
27642412435_7c04441ffe_c.jpg

Also went to players classics in good woods, got very burnt whilst watching the cars in the track, then took the car to my local woods on the way home and took some pictures as she was looking pretty and clean :)

27566095202_7ecdbb081e_b.jpg

27592202251_27908a3fc0_b.jpg

Reactions: Chop. and IRONy_MAN
What front grill is this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a great stance. really dig this.

What front grill is this?

Thank you, Is a generic RS4 replica grille, they sell it at XenonUK.
Some of the ebay ones are tat though I have heard, so worth paying a little more for a trusted source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still not got around to doing the shocks, topmounts and airlift bushings. But when swapping the cars around quickly changed the air filter for a clean new one as I had 10 minutes to spare.
Easy quick job but you do have to pop the MAF hose and inlet pipe off to get to one of the screws which is a stupid design flaw.

Shiny new new :)
27954951085_967f22824c_c.jpg

seeing the state of my engine bay has planted some thought of cleaning it up and tarting up the plastics though...
Like the idea of painting the engine cover, Grille scuttle cover and Airbox a Black cherry colour...

On the rare occasion MJ gets parked on a road, she gets reversed into with an effing big tow bar :(
Stayed at my friends house and parked it on the street parking behind an old zafira in a disabled bay with a huge panel tow bar, gave it more distance than anyone I normally would because big tow bar and car was covered in dings, wasnt too worried given the smart car size space i left. go home and wash the car 4 days later and find the damage, 100 % know it was that car and on that day as it was washed week before and left my drive, with rear at the back on my drive where it cant be touched. only team out since was then.

My dash cam only has the 16gb card which holds about 2 days of constant recording.. so was too late to get evidence, just suck it up and diguise it.
Have since bought a 32gb which ironically had i had that would of just been in time to get the footage.

28701235651_1ba5e373ee_b.jpg

After a few runs on the DA with correction, can see the deep scratched and crack but atleast the scuffs are out and isnt noticeable till you feel it or look closer.
28673146432_9f894016d6_c.jpg

Best I could do with it, still got white chips and crack/scratches. Wish i had noticed sooner and got the footage.

28673141192_d38f10967a_c.jpg
28673139662_77ddfcd60d_c.jpg

Pictures dont show too much, but it was scuffed and some of the paint chipped off (the white dots), a couple of deep scratches I couldn't get out with the DA and the middle one is a crack, not a scratch :( it was pristine before sadly.

good job

rubbish someone ran into it theres nothing worse

mine is slowly going down hill, one of my boys decided to do laps round it last month on his bike after nursery and when hed had enough used my drivers door as a stopping point for his handlebars which as you can imagine left 2 lovely scratches but as i'm told on many occasions its a family car :) so i'v gave up now

good job

mine is slowly going down hill, one of my boys decided to do laps round it last month on his bike after nursery and when hed had enough used my drivers door as a stopping point for his handlebars which as you can imagine left 2 lovely scratches but as i'm told on many occasions its a family car :) so i'v gave up now

I know what u mean mate.
My daughters scooter was in the boot and she was banging on at me to get it out but I was busy. I heard her getting the keys and I remember thinking '**** this is not going to end well' as I look up and see her drag the scooter out of the boot. Massive gouges out of the rear bumper. Grrr.... Not happy.
Bought a bumper sill protector to cover it and protect against further damage

Reactions: Meemo and Chop.
good job

I know what u mean mate.
My daughters scooter was in the boot and she was banging on at me to get it out but I was busy. I heard her getting the keys and I remember thinking '**** this is not going to end well' as I look up and see her drag the scooter out of the boot. Massive gouges out of the rear bumper. Grrr.... Not happy.
Bought a bumper sill protector to cover it and protect against further damage

OMG, thanks for helping me decide I dont want kids any time soon lol future husband can have the soccer mum car and deal with that :D

So i love how a ring delete looks on the avant, never been sure on the saloon, but a recent 'I am bored of this and need to do something to it' prompted a random delete last night.

28760801082_ab44cc9737_c.jpg

28789783651_ae4fcebc47_c.jpg

TADAH
28789896301_872d1e5e69_b.jpg

Reactions: LukeyC and Chop.
I like it

Get a big wing on there :tongueclosed:

Ahaha that is very chop :p
I plan to gloss black the diffuser and wrap the chrome strip an anthracite colour :D so excited to finish this look i have in my head, and it is with such minor changes.

Reactions: Chop. and xpoweruk
not updated in a while, had a very lovely photoshoot with Kieren of Exhausted photography, lovely guy and very talented :)
and Had her taken away for the DPF to be gutted, egr coded out and a map.

Results :p

Kierens piccies (just a few, loads on my flickr)

29941878911_dd91d78481_c.jpg

29746702321_4836c20ef2_c.jpg

29991209306_eebc81a0a8_c.jpg

29941953141_eb8865cdc5_c.jpg

Reactions: Chop., IRONy_MAN, stav8124 and 4 others
update from other thread:
done some wrapping in 5d carbon, replaced abs wheel sensor and battery.. nothing else exciting happening.

30220620033_ed1da866c8_c.jpg

30555026890_32f9d67b85_c.jpg

30555021740_3fe16bc631_c.jpg

30856052555_fe8d915923_c.jpg

Car has not been running so great since i got it back from Narco tuning last year after a dpf/egr delete and tune, had problems with white smoking at all temps. They recomended i blank out the egr with blanking plates which had been coded out and has now been done by Bobby.

Have had fumes in the cabin which got worse if I had the heaters on, so all winter been running with the heating off and opening the windows in intervals to clear out the fumes, this is simply because the white smoke was finding its way in through the vents in slow/stationary traffic.. yuck..
Exhaust had a little leak in the centre silencer which was easily fixed with a new clamp, but the fumes and cloud of white on idle was still pretty big issue, reversing into the smoke stinks the car out immediately.
Also power delivery was poor, seemed to have no extra pull from stock, just made a load of noise when foot went down but no proper acceleration for all the work that was done.

So any way, I saved up and took it to Bobby Singh on here for a new custom tune and general health check to hopefully fix the smoking and power.
And he seems to have cracked it (so far only had it back a few days)

He found the lambda sensor was broken, but the previous tuners had mapped out the error codes so that it was not reported on scans.. no idea why they did this. so new bosche Lambda sensor is now in and working correctly :)
He noted on the logging runs that it was running standard boost (1.5) and stock limits still in place, he also kindly noted it was slow lol
on closer inspection tables for mid boost (2000rpm) was at 1.7bar, but the rest for higher rpm was still standard 1.5 explaining why the loggin run showed standard stock values.

So Bobby has put in some blanking plates for the EGR, done a careful stage 2 map not pushing too much torque so my 122k clutch can have some more life, egts quoting 850 in third, replaced the lambda, and advised I need to change the thermostats (egr and rad) as my temp doesnt regulate at 90c, usually running a little cold.
Picked it back up and am a happy girl, second and third really tear up the tyres, so much more torque, can spin through all of second now so prob want to keep and eye on the tyres, the car generally feel much better and finally has some livelyness, and most gratefully, i am not seeing any white smoke belowing out the back any more and enjoyed driving home with my heating on the whole time :D

Waiting for a space on the rolling road for a saturday to get some figures.

Reactions: xpoweruk, bobby singh, IRONy_MAN and 1 other person
You've not had much fun eh, glad it's all sorted now there's nothing worse than car troubles

Bobby is the man nice job :)

What a relief to get it sorted finally ! Discovering the busted lambda sensor etc doesnt really hold the previous mapping company in a very positive light does it ??
Time to enjoy the car again :)

Excellent news Manda. How did u find out about the lambda sensor being ducked???
My car doesn't seem to have the power I expected after remap / egr dpf removal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

After all that grief you had with the other "tuners", I'm glad you've got things resolved. Should be getting a refund really!

Well done Bobby

You've not had much fun eh, glad it's all sorted now there's nothing worse than car troubles

Bobby is the man nice job :)
Same, just the thermostats to sort now but nothing pressing, can live with it a little longer and go hide back under my rock just enjoying the car.

What a relief to get it sorted finally ! Discovering the busted lambda sensor etc doesnt really hold the previous mapping company in a very positive light does it ??
Time to enjoy the car again :)
I know who I will be using in future :)

Excellent news Manda. How did u find out about the lambda sensor being ducked???
My car doesn't seem to have the power I expected after remap / egr dpf removal.

I didnt, Bobby did, when he loaded the base map on he found the lambda errors and that they had been previously coded out.

After all that grief you had with the other "tuners", I'm glad you've got things resolved. Should be getting a refund really!

Well done Bobby
Bobby is the man! I am much happier this time :)

Would lambda sensor faults show through the obd port?